News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, February 13, 2014, 01:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Subjective_Thought

Crap, didn't realise phase was almost over.

Argh, and a phantom on me.

Well bye Tanooki.

I think maybe a psychic claim would be okay, not sure about the seer claiming. Plus, the psychic should decide on whether to claim or not depending on how many wolves are left in the game.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

braix

Umm what does a phantom do //shot
This game oh my god-and sorry I dont know what to post and who might be a wolf and whatever. Everyone just looks human to me arghhh
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

The_Subjective_Thought

Quote from: Nakah on July 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PMPhantom Votes - A phantom vote is a penalty a player receives if he or she fails to make a vote during a day phase, or if they edit one of their posts without permission. As of January 17th, following "TWG XLVI: Have it Your Way", phantom penalties no longer count against you as a vote. Instead, a person who gets a phantom may be replaced by the host, if that host chooses to do so. A person who receives two phantoms in a single game will receive a game ban (but will not be ejected from the current game).
That's a phantom.

Don't worry, everyone looks human to me as well. I just pick the most oddly acting or suspicious one and than make an argument for my vote, the whole time pretending what I know what I'm doing.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Toby

The psychic and seer should claim 3pm PST directly after the phase update. This way we get a maximum of 2 confirmed humans and if they don't claim at this time give or take 5 minutes then the wolves can't false claim.

Greg

Like I said before, I'm iffy on a psychic claim because we're not sure if the psychic is alive or not! That's an easy falseclaim for some wolf.

BlackDragonSlayer

Spoiler
TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a predetermined route, highlighting the planet's natural wonders.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Ryu-jin: Wolf shaman.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
3: Tour Guide 1: Seer; is told results at end of night phase.
4: Tour Guide 2: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red humans are left in the game (not how many red humans, however) at the end of every day phase (after lynching).
5: Tourist: Human.
6: Tourist: Human.
7: Tourist: Human.
8: Tourist: Herring. Is told he's a human.
9: Tourist: Regular miller. Will be told he's a human.
10: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Because wolves do not know each other, only the first wolfing vote is accepted. Wolves cannot be wolfed- if they are, it is considered that there is no wolfing.
There are no special victory conditions.

This game will have a story, revealed between phases (both day and night), in average-sized paragraphs (so hopefully there won't be any delays with the story).

Special Gimmick: Navigation; throughout the game (changing every day and night phase), the tour moves across various parts of the planet Umbra, on a course determined randomly (though areas cannot repeat until at least one other location has been visited).
Each area gives special, temporary effects to certain roles; the expedition always starts on the Overworld, as that is where is ship lands, but might not return there.

Night Phase Only:
Overworld: Two players can be seered.
Sacred Catacombs: Psychic can guard one person, excluding self.
In Specus Caverna (cave inside a cavern underneath the volcano): Ryu-Jin is seered as blue. Can find out the exact role of player seered, at the cost of being seered blue.

Day Phase Only:
Palus Magna (swamp): Miju-maron gets two lynching votes.
Ignis Parva (inside of a volcano): Ryu-jin gets two lynching votes.
Ruins of Ultima Fini (mechanical core of the planet): No effects.
[close]

1: Bird
2: FireArrow
3: Boo Guy
4: Mr. Tanooki Suit
5: NocturneOfShadow
6: davy
7: Toby [PHANTOM x1]
8: Greg
9: zoroark1264 [PHANTOM x1]
10: The_Subjective_Thought [PHANTOM x1]

Subs:
1: Dude

---

The tourists of Umbra can rest easy tonight. Nobody has died. Shame on you, flora and fauna of Umbra; you have neglected your duty to kill the tourists. It is now Day 3. Day 3 ends in two days, on Monday, February 24 at 3:00 PM PST (6:00 PM EST).

The Expedition is currently at the Ruins of Ultima Fini. There is an odd silence here.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: Toby on February 22, 2014, 05:00:32 AMThe psychic and seer should claim 3pm PST directly after the phase update. This way we get a maximum of 2 confirmed humans and if they don't claim at this time give or take 5 minutes then the wolves can't false claim.

Seriously Toby? Didn't you consider it's 12 o'clock for me now (you should, because it's 11 o'clock for you)?

Anyway, I'm the seer. Greg can back me up since I claimed to him. Zoroark is green
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Post exactly at 3:00! YEAH!

I can assure you that it is a complete coincidence that all places have been visited so far (though, because there are only six, it's actually not that odd). I've been using the random.org coin flipper to determine where the expedition goes next.

Also, story has been updated, etc. Thank you wolves for making me have to come up with a boring plot for tonight (albeit one poking fun at Toby ;))!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

I'm gonna guess that there's one wolf left, because one wolf is more likely to miss a wolfing than two. I'm also going to guess that if there's one wolf left, it's probably the green one (I think Sage was a more likely wolf than FireArrow).

That means the green wolf is the one that's remaining, so I'm going to vote for Zoroark. I don't think it would be a big surprise if a new wolf forgot to submit a wolfing.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Greg

Backing up Davy!

Also going to vote for Zoroark as the most likely to miss a wolfing.

braix

Zoroark is a fox not a wolf(bad joke, lol)
I vote for Greg cuz he had no reason I could see. Kinda strange and suspicious if you ask me. :p
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Toby

Toby

I'm going to place my vote on Bird.

I see a Bird/Gz wolf partnership here and both of them are smart enough to frame a new person by missing out on a wolfing. They only need to survive this lynch today they win.

Bird's quick vote and Gz's quick follow up really seems odd. We have to behave like this is potentially the last phase and Bird usually does but this time he's just throwing in a quick vote trying to get a quick lynch. Normally I'd expect Bird to analyze the whole game and make up a big informative post, but no.

Bird's been acting pretty jumpy and strange all game so this pretty much tops it, a main thing is the fact that when he was red he was so complete on making sure people took into consideration that the chances of him being a wolf were slim but as soon as Tanooki turned up red he jumped for the vote and didn't give the guy a chance.

And another thing, Bird's red and Gz is green, meaning their colours agree with the partnership!

Greg

Toby, the seer claimed to me! I could have killed him the last night phase if I was a wolf.

I mean, to make matters worse, I could have killed him and then pretended the seer was still alive.

Toby

Derp, well I'm still in favour of a bird lynch!