News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Game Music...on the organ

Started by JohnK, February 07, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnK

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 10, 2014, 09:01:51 PMThat's because you haven't seen
(Not till you've beaten it)
this
[close]
Reminds me of that old ghost story about the "cursed" Majora's Mask cart and the dead boy or something along those lines. Anyone else ever remember it?

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2014, 07:50:43 AMBut I'll never beat majora's mask D:

Sheesh, I think it took my brothers and I a year or two of tag-team relay playing to finally beat OoT. Not even FFVII took us that long  :o

JDMEK5

Quote from: JohnK on February 11, 2014, 03:19:23 PMReminds me of that old ghost story about the "cursed" Majora's Mask cart and the dead boy or something along those lines. Anyone else ever remember it?
You mean the Ben creepypasta, right?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JohnK

I think that was it. It's been a while, though :P

JohnK

Anyways, new vid with a new VST (based on this....thing  :o)
I first used this in the Sand Bird video, but I really pushed it to the limit with this one. It pretty much overloads my soundcard, so I had to record each part individually and mix them together. Not fun, but the sound is quite frankly unlike anything I've ever heard. It's sorta like synth strings, but there's something just very....powerful that really just hits you in the gut. Listening to this on a high-end surround system is really quite an experience. But TBH, it's really more trouble than it's worth, since this VST pretty much copies every stop (God only knows how many that is), and they're all super quiet. So to get an audible sound, you either have to select big sweeping gobs of 'em, or pick and choose carefully. It's a royal pain in the pooper  :P

MusicMeister47

This gives me so many ideas! Hahaha! I get a little overexcited about new discoveries!

JohnK

Honestly, what I'd absolutely love to have is a keyboard instrument that follows the basic organ concept (2+ keyboards and pedalboard, many selectable and combinable voices, etc.) and combines that with a high quality MIDI workstation. Basically, your typical Casio on steroids. It would open up so many wonderful possibilities and make for some very fun and interesting arrangements. Does such a beast exist in real life?

Cobraroll

Bump...?

Anyway, there was this great game song that would sound really interesting on the organ. Umm... the final Bowser battle music from Mario 64.

Nah, just kidding. The song I had in mind was the Wii Sports Main Theme:

There are already organ parts hidden deep within it. I think it is a little clearer to hear in this 8-bit remix:

Though, it may be hard to get just right without the drums.

Speaking of the Wii Sports Theme, why the heck have nobody arranged it for the main site yet? It's the main theme for one of the best-selling video games ever. It would be like missing the The Sims 2 Theme! Or the menu theme from RollerCoaster Tycoon 2! Or the credits song of Super Mario Sunshine or even LoZ: The Wind Waker! Scandalous!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

mikey

unmotivated

JohnK

Honestly, it's probably because nobody/very very very few people actually liked Wii sports  ;P