News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Ah, that reminds me. Now that I have time, I'm going to finish off the cadenza in Gusty Gulch and submit it soon.

Sebastian

Sebastian

I just put up "Detective Mario" on the OP (Original Post :P )

The Deku Trombonist

I'll put in a marathon effort on Wednesday night  ;)

Maelstrom

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

Angry Bowser:
-Rhythm grouping issues
-Crushed notes in bar 11 (Copy/paste will insta-fix this)
-This really needs the bass line throughout, or at least some representation of the drum beat. Otherwise it's missing the rhythmic drive that makes this song.
-Perhaps go back and have a closer listen, some of the notes sound weird

Gates of Goomba Castle:
-Overlapping notes are hurting this arrangement. Transpose some octaves/remove some doubled octaves/whatever to make it work
-The upbeat could be re-written to better capture the spirit of the thing
-In bars 1, and 4-5 I'm pretty sure you don't need the quaver rests because the notes are from the lower part, not the upper
-The harmonies need some looking at

The Master:
-Have you experimented with different combinations of parts in the opening? It seems like the most prominent part isn't always there.
-Also in the opening, there is a very obvious 2-to-a-bar pulse going on in the original which is missing in the arrangement
-The pitch bending can be approximated in bars 13 to the end
-There's also some pitch bending in the bass part which can be added to the arrangement

Maelstrom

I'll make the changes a soon as I finish revising Serpent Devouring the Horizon

Bloop

I tried fixing Gates of Goomba Castle the best I could.

[ZIP]

Sebastian

Sebastian

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on July 30, 2014, 06:19:45 AM-The pitch bending can be approximated in bars 13 to the end
-There's also some pitch bending in the bass part which can be added to the arrangement
Not sure what you mean by this...and its in 2/4 correct?

Sebastian

Aaaaaand Fierce and I fixed up ''File Select''
And "Boo's Dance"

DonValentino

I've cleaned a little bit the Paper Mario Medley which is already on site. I wanted to have a cleaner version for myself since I like to play it, but I thought that it would be nice to put it here too.

I didn't want to touch it too much though, so only did some formatting and little corrections:

- All song names are now between ""
- Corrected the key change in measure 12
- 2/4 in "Koopa Village" instead of 4/4
- Measure 63: corrected the third chord, F#-D# instead of Gb-Eb

And that's it. All credit goes to the original arranger, of course.

"Paper Mario Medley" MUS - Nacho2420

Sebastian

Sebastian