the cooliest

BlackDragonSlayer's TWG 65: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra
4 (28.6%)
spitllama's TWG 65: Haunting Spirits
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: January 18, 2014, 09:12:00 PM

Mashi

lets make a game that lasts more than three phases this time, okay???

Yugi

If anyone's interested I'll put that Goat Insectimation game I posted a few days ago up for consideration.

MaestroUGC

TWG 64: Holst Sign Ups

I'm Maestro and I approve this pun.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

TWG LXIV: Haunting Spirits

This game operates on the mechanic that powers activate after death (with few exceptions), hence "haunting spirits."

1. Master Wolf: After death, can reveal a fake public seering of any player at the beginning of any phase (through the host).  MW chooses the color. Can also post an anonymous message at any point after death.
2. Wolf Sniper: After death, can instantly kill a player at any point.
3. Wolf Painter: After death, can permanently paint a player any color at any point.

4. Seer: Can seer while alive.
5. Guardian: After death, gets one chance to identify a live wolf during a night phase. If successful, the wolfing that phase is blocked. (The kill will be labeled as having been blocked.)
6. Human Totem: After death, can post an anonymous message at any point.
7. Phoenix: After death, can revive him/herself for one phase of choice. During this phase the Phoenix can speak normally, but does not count for human numbers, cannot vote, and cannot send private messages.
8. Human Private Totem: After death, can send one player an anonymous private message at any point. (through the host)
9. Haunting Seer: After death, can choose and reveal a public seering at the beginning of any phase.
10. Human Copycat: After death, can pick any player (living or dead). Receives one use of their power. (If they pick the master wolf, they only get one of his powers (randomly chosen), and the public seering will not be fake).
11. Human Roleblocker: At any point (alive or dead), can cancel one player's ability permanently. This fails on the Master Wolf.
12. Human Martyr: While alive, can sacrifice him/herself at the end of any phase to revive any other player. If the revived player has used their ability, they will get another use (following regular rules). Fails if used on the Phoenix. If lynched/wolfed in the same phase as they use their ability, the kill will be noted as a lynching or wolfing, but the revival will still take effect.

Only the Roleblocker, the Martyr, and Seer know their identities before dying. The rest of the human team are simply told that they're human. Wolves are only told that they are wolves.

This was adapted from CFM forums.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

BlackDragonSlayer

TWG LXIV: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a predetermined route, highlighting the planet's natural wonders.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Gialux: Wolf
3: Gi-Jinado: Wolf
4: Ryu-jin: Infective "oni" wolf. In the case that Ryu-jin is lynched, the player sends a PM to the host, "passing" the role on to another player (player is turned red). If the player is a wolf or tour guide, the power does not take effect. Is the only wolf who does not know his teammates.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
5: Tour Guide 1: Guardian; can guard one player per night, excluding self.
6: Tour Guide 2: Seer; is told results at end of night phase.
7: Tour Guide 3: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red human is left in the game at the end of every day phase (after lynching). This excludes the "revived" Ryu-jin.
8: Tourist: Human.
9: Tourist: Human.
10: Tourist: Human.
11: Tourist: Human.
12: Tourist: Human.
13: Tourist: Human.
14: Tourist: Human.
15: Tourist: Human.
16: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Because Ryu-jin does not know who the other wolves are, and visa versa, only the first wolfing vote is accepted.
There are no special victory conditions.

This game will have a story, revealed between phases (both day and night), in average-sized paragraphs.

Special Gimmick: Navigation; throught the game (changing every day and night phase), the tour moves across various parts of the planet Umbra, on a course determined randomly (though areas cannot repeat until two other locations have been visited).
Each area gives special, temporary effects to certain roles; the expedition always starts on the Overworld, as that is where is ship lands, but might not return there.

Night Phase Only:
Overworld: Seer is told exact role of seered player; on subsequent visits, only allows two players to be seered normally.
Dire ad Aqua (underwater ocean): Gialux is seered as green.
Sacred Catacombs: Guard can guard two people.
In Specus Caverna (cave inside a cavern underneath the volcano): Ryu-Jin can seer.

Day Phase Only:
Palus Magna (swamp): Miju-maron gets two lynching votes.
Stone Causeway: No effects.
Ignis Parva (inside of a volcano): Gi-Jinado gets two lynching votes.
Ruins of Ultima Fini (mechanical core of the planet): No effects.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

When is the poll going to be up?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Yugi

I just realized that thiss will be my 25th TWG.

I'm preparing something special for the equation.

mikey

Quote from: Yugi on January 17, 2014, 01:54:34 AMI just realized that thiss will be my 25th TWG.

I'm preparing something special for the equation.

Maybe a special orchestrated CD?
(One can only hope)
unmotivated

Mashi

whoops

I'll put up the poll tomorrow at 11PM EST in case anyone had a game.  If none are posted, BlackDragonSlayer may host his game by default.

Waddle Bro

Mashi

clearly, his game doesnt count

clearly, i dont know how to read a topic

whoops

I'll put up the poll tomorrow at 11PM EST in case anyone had a game.  If none are posted, BlackDragonSlayer or spitllama may host his game by default. vote.

Mashi

Greg

Spit that's my game!!!

But actually whatever I'm fine with you hosting it. It'd be interesting to play a game I made up anyway.

spitllama

Wait... Is Greg gzgregory? I just made the connection.

Yep I think you made the game then (well done :))

On a separate note, unless Greg wants to host, BDS will need to host by default since I just arrived in DC and my internship starts in a couple days. Don't want to plan around/miss phase ends because of stuff. I thought the voting was occurring earlier. Does that work Mashi?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

davy

Quote from: spitllama on January 18, 2014, 05:56:29 AMOn a separate note, unless Greg wants to host, BDS will need to host by default since I just arrived in DC and my internship starts in a couple days. Don't want to plan around/miss phase ends because of stuff. I thought the voting was occurring earlier. Does that work Mashi?

If Greg doesn't want to host it, I would like to host it, if that's okay with you.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game