News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Zelda (Link) Game to Hurt and Heal!

Started by Sebastian, December 28, 2013, 08:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterProX

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 03, 2014, 08:03:50 AMWhat I mean is that that is the only shard that has you do something like that to obtain. The rest were much easier. xD

Dat Triforce shard on Needle Rock Isle (you just have to bomb the gold cannon ship).

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 14
3. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening - 11
4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 7
6. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - 4
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 12
9. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 10
10. Legend of Zelda - 11

blueflower999

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 12
10. Legend of Zelda - 12
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Sebastian

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 13
10. Legend of Zelda - 10

BlackDragonSlayer

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 14
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 10
10. Legend of Zelda - 10
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 15
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 8
10. Legend of Zelda - 10

By the way, I HATE Majora's Mask. Its really hard  :P

blueflower999

7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 9
10. Legend of Zelda - 10

If you think that's hard, wait until you play Zelda II.  ::)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Sebastian

FierceDeity

4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 5
10. Legend of Zelda - 10

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 03, 2014, 08:03:50 AMYou do realize that there is only one Savage Labyrinth, and every other shard is much easier to obtain? What I mean is that that is the only shard that has you do something like that to obtain. The rest were much easier. xD

True. However, that doesn't really make up for the tediousness of going all over the goddamn map to find them, and then once again to actually make use of the charts. Oh, and don't get me started on the shitload of rupees you come along before you actually have a large enough wallet for them/enough shit to spend it on, and then suddenly need once you have to pay tingle to decipher every goddamn chart.

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 04, 2014, 07:16:53 AMBy the way, I HATE Majora's Mask. Its really hard  :P

Three things.
1. HOW DARE YOU
2. If you're going to hurt a game because it's hard, you might wanna start with Zelda II. (lol, ninjad by blueflower XD)
3. That's what makes MM so great, though. To me, it seems like the most successful zelda game to create difficulty in a non-artificial manner, i.e. not due to some tedious process, or counterintuitive mechanics. The gameplay relies heavily on thinking, and reflexes, and such. Did I get frustrated as a kid having to restart the day because I failed to protect Romani ranch from aliens? You fucking bet I did. But if you're not challenged by a game, then what's the point?

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 04, 2014, 07:53:46 AMBut if you're not challenged by a game, then what's the point?
You are right. Super Mario Sunshine is one of the hardest games I have ever played (other than Majora's Mask) and it wouldnt be as fun if it was any easier. One of the hardest sprites is the sand bird in the sky on Gelato Bird. AHH! That one took me forever. And the red coins on those secret levels... Man, do I rage. lol   8)

Waddle Bro

4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 3
10. Legend of Zelda - 11

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 04, 2014, 07:53:46 AM3. That's what makes MM so great, though. To me, it seems like the most successful zelda game to create difficulty in a non-artificial manner, i.e. not due to some tedious process, or counterintuitive mechanics. The gameplay relies heavily on thinking, and reflexes, and such. Did I get frustrated as a kid having to restart the day because I failed to protect Romani ranch from aliens? You fucking bet I did. But if you're not challenged by a game, then what's the point?
I disagree, actually. Out of all the Zelda games I've played, I found it to be the most tedious and having contrived difficulty (e.g. presenting puzzles that you wouldn't know what to do unless you already know what to do or try literally everything, which quickly becomes tedious, given your limited time). Zelda II was mainly difficult because of the absurd difficulty spike at the very beginning (that lasts up until around Death Mountain, I'd say), and the not-so-refined side-scrolling gameplay.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 4
10. Legend of Zelda - 11
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 5
10. Legend of Zelda - 11

Wind Waker isn't hard... But it's fun :D
Me and FierceDeity tend to disagree on most stuff :/
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 3
10. Legend of Zelda - 12

Olimar12345

10. Legend of Zelda - 10
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

3. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening - 10
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 9
10. Legend of Zelda - 9

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 04, 2014, 07:59:07 AMYou are right. Super Mario Sunshine is one of the hardest games I have ever played (other than Majora's Mask) and it wouldnt be as fun if it was any easier. One of the hardest sprites is the sand bird in the sky on Gelato Bird. AHH! That one took me forever. And the red coins on those secret levels... Man, do I rage. lol   8)

Exactly. It seems hilarious to me that the least popular 3D mario platformer is also the most difficult one. That's a blatant pattern if I've ever seen one.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 04, 2014, 12:57:06 PMI disagree, actually. Out of all the Zelda games I've played, I found it to be the most tedious and having contrived difficulty (e.g. presenting puzzles that you wouldn't know what to do unless you already know what to do or try literally everything, which quickly becomes tedious, given your limited time). Zelda II was mainly difficult because of the absurd difficulty spike at the very beginning (that lasts up until around Death Mountain, I'd say), and the not-so-refined side-scrolling gameplay.

First of all, fighting your shadow in zelda II is still pretty fucking hard, hahahahaha (unless, I mean, you just crouch in the corner and whatnot, but yeah)
Second, it's kind of interesting to me where difficulties lie in games for different people. For example, my older brother can obliterate me at any sort of competitive game, fighting or otherwise, but in skyward sword, things like having to blow a fan above a door with the gust bellows just weren't intuitive to him. Personally, I found most everything in the main storyline of MM to be pretty intuitive, given a little bit of thinking. The side quests (which are, to me, the main appeal of the game) were quite a bit more difficult, but I'd much prefer a difficult quest for every mask over "lol bring me 40 belts and I'll teach you a technique".

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 04, 2014, 02:55:00 PMWind Waker isn't hard... But it's fun :D
Me and FierceDeity tend to disagree on most stuff :/

Haha, I never said I disliked wind waker. In fact, I said
Quote from: FierceDeity on January 03, 2014, 06:25:17 AMI like the game
I like it quite a bit, in fact. Despite my complaints about certain aspects, it is very successful in generating an "open world" feeling, rewarding exploration, etc. There are just other legend of zelda games that I like more.