News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

NSM's Gaming Buyer's Guide

Started by K-NiGhT, December 25, 2013, 10:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Hey, all. So with the holiday season coming to a close, some of us (including myself) may be finding our wallets a little bit heavier due to lazy gift ideas from abstract family members (aka cards with money in them.) What's one of the first things you'll probably think to do with it?

Spoiler
"Save it for something nice!"
Perhaps. What else?
[close]

Spoiler
"Give it to a charity!"
Get the fuck out.
[close]

Why, spend it on them fancy-schmancy new vidya games! But with such a wide variety of systems and games to choose from, how do you decide what to spend your holiday money on?

That's where NSM comes in to save the day. This thread will eventually contain loads of information on the current consoles and their games, as well as a community created list of games held in high regard by many of our fine members. I hope everyone will use this to their advantage whenever needed to find out what games they want to buy.

Consoles General Info
Nintendo Consoles
Nintendo WiiU
[close]
Nintendo 3DS
[close]
[close]
Microsoft Consoles
Xbox 360
[close]
Xbox One
[close]
[close]
Sony Consoles
PlayStation 3
[close]
PlayStation 4
[close]
PlayStation Vita
[close]
[close]

Reccomended Games
Nintendo Games
Nintendo WiiU
[close]
Nintendo 3DS
[close]
[close]
Microsoft Games
Xbox 360
[close]
Xbox One
[close]
[close]
Sony Games
PlayStation 3
[close]
PlayStation 4
[close]
PlayStation Vita
[close]
[close]
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Yugi

Olimar12345

Wait, so is this a review thread or something? Quite frankly I don't get it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I think it's a place where people can ask about new games they want and where people can promote new games they like.

I'll go first.

For those of you don't have Wii U yet, buy one and get Super Mario 3D World.

Most of you don't know me very well, but there are only a handful of games that I'll actively gush about. I played this game for the first time earlier tonight and it is one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played. Nintendo knocked it out of the park again with the new Mario title, and if you are a fan of the Plumber in Red then this game is a must have.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 25, 2013, 10:36:53 PMWait, so is this a review thread or something? Quite frankly I don't get it.
nah it's basically going to be a price guide to all the consoles and stuff along with reccomended games from our community

Yugi

You're still missing PC

EDIT: Also:[5:58:49 PM] blackghost9444: GUYS ANARCHY REIGNS IS AMAZING EVERYONE WITH A PS3 SHOULD GET IT AND EVERYONE WITHOUT A PS3 SHOULD GET A PS3 AND GET IT

Olimar12345

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 25, 2013, 10:50:46 PMnah it's basically going to be a price guide to all the consoles and stuff along with reccomended games from our community

But prices vary depending on where you shop. Also, why would you get online just to ask here and wait for someone else to google it, when you can just google it yourself? Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the whole topic can be replaced with lmgtfy. :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I think it's more for peoples' opinions than anything.
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Olimar12345

Oooh, okay, gotcha. (I was hung up on the price :P )

TheZeldaPianist275

You know, this thread seems like a good place for this:

Can this also be the hub for purchasing and selling games?  If so...

TZP is now the proud owner of a Wii U.  More specifically, the Wind Waker HD bundle.  Would anybody be interested in buying the download code for the game from me for 40 bucks?  I did this last month with Winter for A Link Between Worlds, yes.  PM me if you're interested.

Waddle Bro

Not sure if US codes work in Europe :(

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, there's probably some region lock on there.  Sorry  :(

TheZeldaPianist275

Bump.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 26, 2013, 02:21:38 PMTZP is now the proud owner of a Wii U.  More specifically, the Wind Waker HD bundle.  Would anybody be interested in buying the download code for the game from me for 40 bucks?  I did this last month with Winter for A Link Between Worlds, yes.  PM me if you're interested.

Still trying to get rid of this!

SlowPokemon

Dammit! I wish I would have seen that before I bought Wind Waker last month :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.