dajwxp - I Burned The Giratina. (240916: POKEMON SUN/MOON! :D)

Started by daj, December 11, 2013, 06:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

*takes a look at D/P/Pt soundtrack* Yeah, I don't think so.

daj

Project: Route 216, 2 Pianos
Score finalised in Sibelius! I think I'm going to submit this to the site, aaaand after that's done I might consider performing and recording it! :)
But anyway, as of now, not much theory-whacking has been done and I've only done one proper read-through of the score, so I'll let this sit around before finally getting it submitted.

Links!
PDF!
Video with score! (yes, Sibelius can do this)

Comments are awesome things! :)

~

Also, the Abyssal Ruins is on its way and I've decided to give Oreburgh City (DPPt) a shot! The Abyssal Ruins will be for one piano and the Oreburgh will be for four hands. Though, the Abyssal Ruins would sound awesome with four hands. Hmm. Might end up doing almost every arrangement for four hands/two pianos from now :p

Latios212

Whoooah this sounds amazing! Holy moly.

Haven't given it a super detailed look yet (are you finished yet?) but perhaps the piano 1's intro could be written as grace notes. Triplets inside triplets are cool but look kinda confusing, and I feel it'd be easier to read as grace notes since the timing doesn't feel suuuper strict.

Quote from: dajwxp on May 31, 2016, 01:25:33 AMMm, as of now, no. I do random covers by ear for fun aaand I keep ending up on Eterna and Canalave (Hearthome and Veilstone are awesome too!) though! So I might end up doing proper arrangements for those for fun. You know, they already exist on the site, so yeah. Hehe.

That being said, I understand there are some tracks that the site doesn't have. Maybe I'll give those a shot at some point!

maybe we could go finish the whole collection. hehe.
Quote from: dajwxp on June 03, 2016, 08:38:38 AMI've decided to give Oreburgh City (DPPt) a shot!
Just a heads up, something being on site doesn't mean it's good :P Canalave has been recently updated but Eterna, Hearthome, and Veilstone are..... not good lol. You're free to arrange and submit replacements! That said, Eterna and Hearthome are being worked on (solo versions). Of course, I'm not stopping you from working on them :J There are also separate night versions/duet versions that could be done differently. And yes! There are so many good tracks that no one has arranged yet!

sorry if I'm rambling I just love DPPt so much
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

daj

Quote from: Latios212 on June 03, 2016, 11:12:09 AMWhoooah this sounds amazing! Holy moly.

Hey man, thank you so much for taking a listen <3. Promise I'll go and properly review some of your stuff too (though being at a military camp 5/7 days a week makes it hard but still) once I grab hold of Finale Notepad! You're awesome :)

QuoteHaven't given it a super detailed look yet (are you finished yet?) but perhaps the piano 1's intro could be written as grace notes. Triplets inside triplets are cool but look kinda confusing, and I feel it'd be easier to read as grace notes since the timing doesn't feel suuuper strict.
Just a heads up, something being on site doesn't mean it's good :P Canalave has been recently updated but Eterna, Hearthome, and Veilstone are..... not good lol. You're free to arrange and submit replacements! That said, Eterna and Hearthome are being worked on (solo versions). Of course, I'm not stopping you from working on them :J There are also separate night versions/duet versions that could be done differently. And yes! There are so many good tracks that no one has arranged yet!

Hehe, this is pretty much the debate that took place in my mind when I wrote out that part.

I am 100% certain - and that's not to say that any point you put forth is obsolete, btw, just as a pre-disclaimer - that the way I scored it is the way they programmed it. There's a solid theoretical reason why they would do that aaand I'll spare the details, but basically, that's the way it appears on their software haha.

BUT with that being said, I totally believe that reading this stuff is a nightmare, and when you're performing you should go more "by feel" than "by count", especially in jazz. I did consider grace notes, because those had the closest effect to that, buuut Sibelius somehow doesn't make it convenient to score off-beat grace notes. That being said there's definitely a way to do it, but that involves getting over the laziness barrier :p

Though, now that you pointed it out, I'll definitely go try changing those to off-beat grace notes! Thanks for the call :)

~

Oh, and thanks for the info on the current DPPt database! :) I'm totally going to do a four-hand/two-piano for those "not good" tracks soon, hehe.

Quotesorry if I'm rambling I just love DPPt so much

oh don't worry! i'm definitely going to ramble more about dppt as i go through the ost. it is frikkin magical. do poke me if you ever do a dppt arrangement, i'll go ramble about it for you~

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Latios212 on June 03, 2016, 11:12:09 AMsorry if I'm rambling I just love DPPt so much
Quote from: dajwxp on June 03, 2016, 04:16:47 PMoh don't worry! i'm definitely going to ramble more about dppt as i go through the ost. it is frikkin magical. do poke me if you ever do a dppt arrangement, i'll go ramble about it for you~
This is why I need D/P/PT again, so I can remember the game.

daj

Project: Pokemon DPPt - Route 216, 2 Pianos.
Score has been proof-read and theory-attacked, and it works! :)
Now trying to, somehow, get this thing over to Finale and get it properly submitted. Hmm. It's not so easy, haha. Lots of technical problems. Bleh.
But anyway, it's ready for a Youtube video (coming soon) and a performance (if i feel crazy)~

AUDIO | PDF | VIDEO

Also, Latios was right! The grace notes are so much more elegant, haha. I love it.

daj

Project: Pokemon BW - Abyssal Ruins (for cashwarrior!)
Hehe, pulled off a fast one. Pretty awesome track that was pretty easy to work with once the (bloody ridiculous) melodies and counters were transcribed~

Score + Audio:

PDF!

mikey

might I introduce you to the Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap soundtrack?  Perhaps you'd be interested in doing some work for our unofficial arrangement project :D
unmotivated

daj

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 04, 2016, 09:07:41 PMmight I introduce you to the Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap soundtrack?  Perhaps you'd be interested in doing some work for our unofficial arrangement project :D

I played that game, yes! :) I'll be totally on~

How does one do this arrangement awesomeness? :)

cashwarrior1

Wow, that's awesome! I'll try to learn it... eventually. Right now I have other songs I want to learn, but this is on my list!

daj

Pokemon DPPt: Route 216 (Solo)
It's not too hard to write a solo version once the duet is done~
For those who don't have four hands! Or two pianos. :p

PDF!

~

Oh yes! Will be tidying up this thread at some point. Hopefully now, if I don't bore myself to death.
I'll also be relocating all scores to box.com! It's a hipster cloud service that isn't as awesome as Drive, so I can care about it less. Yep :p

All links in thread replies might be broken, so do check out the OP for the proper links~

Zeila

I like what you got. Cool stuff, and I'm sure Oreburgh City/Eterna Forest will sound great :3

daj

Quote from: Zeila on June 06, 2016, 06:04:30 PMI like what you got. Cool stuff, and I'm sure Oreburgh City/Eterna Forest will sound great :3

Was putting this reply off until I did a few reviews in return, but ahh. Thank you so much for the compliments, it means a lot to me and it really made my day four days or so back ^^. Much cheers to you, promise I'll go look through some of your works~

~

Anyway, cool stuff coming.

Update (110616):
So, this week in camp I did:
- art for the Route 216
- Eterna Forest transcriptions HOLY FORKING CRUD THIS WAS HARD
- Quick arrangements for the Minish Cap project (Vaati's Theme and Cave of Flames!)
- Oreburgh City proof-reads

I'll be putting up the Oreburgh score and submitting it to the site either today or tomorrow.

But anyway, I'm going back to this thing I used to call "full releases". Basically, it's an arrangement that will ultimately culminate in a live recording.

The stages are:
- Arrange (finalise score)
- Art (for the score + audio video)
- Score + Audio (I'll put up a fancy video on my YT with the art incorporated and release the final PDF)
- Live Record (goes without saying)

First full release will be Route 216! Then Eterna Forest :)

daj

Pokemon DPPt - Oreburgh City (Duet)

Did it! Also submitted this for the site.

A bunch of people have arranged this, it seems...but somehow, this hasn't appeared on the site yet. It's a terribly fun track, in a game location surrounded by other awesome places with fun tracks of their own (Oreburgh Gate and Oreburgh Mine, maybe I'll do those soon). Love the pumped up feel you get from throwing jazz harmonies in but keeping it in straight time. Fantastic little piece here, hope you guys enjoy my take on it :)