TWG LXII: This Post-Game Is Encouraging When It Comes To Trashing the Host

Started by Waddle Bro, November 21, 2013, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Wolves:

Thiannon
FireArrow

Starting to work on the analysis when I'm on a computer.

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

mikey

To me it seems BlackDragonSlayer always gets lynched, no matter how angry he doesn't get...  I could have sworn that he was a wolf just on that.  At first when I was still playing I was thinking Thiannon because of how he said he "discussed with the wolves about wolfing him right away", and it never happened, then he slowly dropped from my mind...
unmotivated

Greg

fank009

Bugger it bird,  fank was right (somewhat)
A thia lynch would have been game (FA at that point you were a dead man walking) ( not killed in the night...)

Well, fear me wolves

Thoughts later
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

MaestroUGC

I didn't win so therefore this game was terrible and should be invalidated.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Thiannon

Quote from: fank009 on November 21, 2013, 11:11:13 AMA thia lynch would have been game (FA at that point you were a dead man walking) ( not killed in the night...)

Bollocks. You did play an excellent game, though. This game had some of the best human play I've seen in a long time. FA was also excellent. I'll comment further tonight if I have time.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 21, 2013, 09:39:10 AMWolves:

Thiannon
FireArrow

Starting to work on the analysis when I'm on a computer.
Well then.

I'm still glad I shot Bird. :P

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 21, 2013, 10:02:20 AMAt first when I was still playing I was thinking Thiannon because of how he said he "discussed with the wolves about wolfing him right away", and it never happened, then he slowly dropped from my mind...
I thought that at first, but then I decided that it would be ridiculous for him to keep on talking about that several phases into the game.

Quote from: fank009 on November 21, 2013, 11:11:13 AMBugger it bird,  fank was right (somewhat)
A thia lynch would have been game (FA at that point you were a dead man walking) ( not killed in the night...)
Didn't Bird "confirm" FA...? If Thiannon had been lynched, Bird (or you, perhaps) might've been wolfed.

And, I just noticed the title! I was really disappointed how all the mechanics had to do with death; it seemed like a lazy way to try and encourage "activity" (which didn't really work too well, since askalice didn't fire his darts, and many of the other players involved in the mechanics were already somewhat-active).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

Thinking FA was human was my key mistake. Things could have gone differently if I hadn't been fooled by him so completely! I guess that's the weakness of my "find human tells at the beginning," it sort of screws me over if a wolf who doesn't have a lot of experience is good enough to drop some human clues. Well, I'm not going to let it happen again!

I agree that the humans kicked ass in the final day phase, but it's a shame we let the first two sort of go to waste. The bombs, darts, and first two lynches were all handled abysmally, but I guess I'm partly to blame, since I was pretty unhelpful for both those phases.

Anyway, good game! I'd definitely be open to more games like this in the future as well. There's lots of other day phase mechanics that can be explore!

Thanks for hosting, Waddle.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

FireArrow

First and Foremost. Fank overpowered, nerf plox.

Also, I agree with thia, the humans actually played REALLY well. The only reason we won was because when people were going over wolf partners, we were never considered as a serious option.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Greg

I think this game demonstrates an important weakness in 'partner theory'. Namely, that it's good at eliminating pairs, but not necessarily so good at differentiating among the rest. Thia and FA played an excellent wolf game by not having any visible connection with each other, and it definitely paid off.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Thiannon

It's funny: at one point I was going to use Bird's affinity for partner theory against him in accusing him of being a wolf, since I remembered him being critical of that approach in a game back on LLF. Then I remembered that it was verm who had raised the points I was thinking of. (Spoilers: verm's good at TWG.)
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

fank009

I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Nakah