News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Tempo changes

Started by Crazy Hand, November 12, 2013, 04:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Hand

I only have finale notepad, so I can't change tempo the correct way. If someone who has a better version of finale could make a sheet for me that has no notes but changes tempo every measure in increments of 10 from 50-200, that would be very helpful,a s I could copy them to make it work.

JDMEK5

Try asking for that here. As far as your specifications, I'm still confused. You also failed to give the bpm units. And from what I understand you want accelerandos 10 measures long going from 50 bpm to 200 bpm back-to-back. Is that right?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FierceDeity

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's asking for an increase in tempo by 10 bpm every measure, i.e. the first measure would be 50 bpm, second would be 60 bpm, third 70 bpm, and so on, until reaching 200 bpm. If that is, indeed, what you were asking for, crazy hand, then here you go.

Crazy Hand

Thanks a lot! But, apparently, Notepad can't read tempo changes unless I add them, so the .mus you made just looked like 50 bpm the whole to me. If you could just make each measure a separate .mus file, then it would work.

But seriously, thanks so much for helping me!

FierceDeity

...Are you sure notepad didn't read it? Because I opened it in my notepad 2012 (created it in 2011 full version) and it definitely still speeds up. It doesn't have the tempo changes written in (you'd probably be better off just writing accel., then writing quarter note = 200 at the end using maestro font or something), but playback is just fine. If you're trying to copy and paste mine over to yours, then yeah, that's not gonna work, because tempo changes aren't transferred that way. I had assumed you wanted mine as a template to put your own piece into, not the other way around. Either way, making each measure a separate .mus file definitely wouldn't work, because, as previously stated, tempo doesn't transfer via copy and paste :/ In addition, I just experimented with what would happen if you copy and paste a bar where the tempo marking is tied to a bar via expression tool, and it still doesn't transfer over, unfortunately. If I were you, I'd double check the playback on the version I linked, and if it works out, just use that as a template.

At any rate, you're welcome :P let me know if it still doesn't work, haha

Crazy Hand

Hmmm. Yeah, your'e right the changes just aren't written, but they are there.

It looks like I can copy and paste the first measure's tempo to create a tempo change, but it doesn't work with any other measure. I'm not sure how the text on top works, but it seems to be the only thing that can cause a tempo change in another file when copied.

If you want to and can  remake it so that it can be copied, that would be nice, but not needed.

Crazy Hand

*smacks self in forehead*

Sorry for all of the trouble, FierceDeity. I just found out how to change tempo by myself in Notepad.