News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG LXII: This Game Is Encouraging When It Comes To Activity

Started by Waddle Bro, November 11, 2013, 07:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

Yeah, that's so dumb!

This means that if the poisoners shot their darts with just a few seconds left in the phase, the antidote couldn't be used.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 15, 2013, 08:17:13 AMAntidote can cure/prevent one doze of poison

Needless to say, if you've been poisoned, you die at the end of the phase.

Bird

It's still not clear!

I know my reading comprehension this game has been hilariously bad, but it wasn't obvious at all that poisons were instant. I thought that the dart holders would be able to dart one person, then dart another person and that effect would only take place once it became night. But apparently the first person whose name you put in bold and lime green is instantly poisoned.

Your "you die at the end of the phase" could easily have been interpreted as the end of the night phase once the poison took place. Interpreting it that way made way more sense for a variety of reasons:
  • The word "poison" itself implies delayed death. Otherwise you should have handed out bombs and shields.
  • Your system makes it so that a person can't change their dart target, which also runs contrary to how powers and items are normally used.
  • As I said earlier, it makes it beneficial to use the poisons extremely late so that there's only a few seconds of time to antidote that player. If the antidote holder didn't have time at the end of the phase, the antidote would have been completely worthless.
  • Poisons have been used before, and they act quite differently in this game.

Although my sample size right now is very small (just Liggy and I) the fact that we were both surprised and upset by the way this mechanic worked out suggests that some clarifications were necessary.

fank009

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 15, 2013, 08:17:13 AMThis Day Phase, there is a ballot box voting. In addition, two poison darts are given to two randomly chosen players. The players can shoot them at whoever they like this Day Phase. The player who's bomb didn't blow up last night has an antidote. Antidote can cure/prevent one doze of poison, but if two poison darts are shot at the same person, it will be considered as kill. To shoot the dart just post 'n' bold 'n' limegreen the player's name. If you don't shoot the poison dart you're holding, I'll take it and shoot you with it. Needless to say, if you've been poisoned, you die at the end of the phase.
clearly states this... and...
Am I missing something from a ballot box vote??? (what is a ballot box vote???)

Quote from: Bird on November 17, 2013, 12:55:15 PMAlthough my sample size right now is very small (just Liggy and I) the fact that we were both surprised and upset by the way this mechanic worked out suggests that some clarifications were necessary.
I agree that there were too many unanswered Q's (I asked a few Q's myself (wether the poison could be passed on) but that wasnt answered either)
I did understand the instant death part... (and you hung around me, I didnt once mention about the insta death (in some way, in terms of numbers?)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

FireArrow

Quote from: Bird on November 17, 2013, 11:45:58 AMWell, I can live with that. Who all voted for Maestro? I voted for Thiannon.

I still had my vote on liggy. Everything was pretty clear to me, besides the "btw antidotes also stop lynching." >_>
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Liggy

Quote from: FireArrow on November 17, 2013, 01:20:41 PMbesides the "btw antidotes also stop lynching." >_>

Why would you even bother lynching me then, if I could just block it myself?  I didn't realize I could, but then again I also didn't realize how the antidote worked.

FireArrow

Because  it was ballot boxing, and I knew you wouldn't risk using the antidote on yourself without really knowing if you were getting lynched or not.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Waddle Bro

It's not like you could re-use the same poison dart, that's common sense imo!!!

Quote from: Bird on November 17, 2013, 12:55:15 PM
  • The word "poison" itself implies delayed death. Otherwise you should have handed out bombs and shields.
Well you had the whole phase, meaning the delayed death part did happen!!! Using bombs two days in a row is lame!

And about the antidote preventing lynches, I thought I wrote that lynching classifies as a poison dart, but I guess I didn't! So herpaderp.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 17, 2013, 01:58:39 PMWell you had the whole phase, meaning the delayed death part did happen!!! Using bombs two days in a row is lame!
What if somebody throws the dart 1 minute before the end of the phase? That's not very delayed at all! I think you should've clarified that earlier (since nobody asked because we were apparently misinterpreting the directions...).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 17, 2013, 01:58:39 PMIt's not like you could re-use the same poison dart, that's common sense imo!!!
(did you know that you can catch poison darts without being struck? :P)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Thiannon

My girlfriend is gone. :( However this does mean that I (almost) have time for TWG again.

This is one mechanic that I actually was clear on. I agree that it was a little misleading, but didn't we plan to only kill one player via poisoning anyway? FireArrow, why did you shoot verm? Liggy, why didn't you heal him?

Also, Bird, why did you vote me? I voted for Maestro, as I stated earlier.

Also, fank, I don't think your explanation of "dumb-telling" fits with what I said D1. Apparently the bombs could be juggled from player to player--this is counter to what I've generally encountered before (although I feel as if it may have been used or at least suggested once or twice on either here or LLF). Anyway, Liggy seemed to be the only person who knew this, and I still think that was weird.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Thiannon

As a codicil to that, the fact that Liggy didn't pass the bomb on likely argues for his humanity, unless of course he wasn't online in the interim.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Bird

The short answer is that I'm playing badly this game!

The less-short-but-still-short answer is that I'm running out of people to vote for. I wanted to come to a consensus late last nigh in the chatroom. But none ever came. And BDS sort of convinced me of his humanity (maybe?), so I just voted for someone else!

Greg

Quote from: Thiannon on November 17, 2013, 06:49:23 PMAs a codicil to that, the fact that Liggy didn't pass the bomb on likely argues for his humanity, unless of course he wasn't online in the interim.

He was in the chat after I threw the bomb at him. I think he posted the chatlog somewhere.

Quote from: fank009 on November 17, 2013, 04:12:22 AMYour getting warmer with the phrase the wolfy lynch. (Might as well say it in english, why would I put the nail in the coffin with a wolfy lynch like that when bds was a safe lynch for me to look human...)

Because you're BDS's partner? :P

This is actually a good point, though. I'm going to have to reconsider.