TWG LXII: This Game Is Encouraging When It Comes To Activity

Started by Waddle Bro, November 11, 2013, 07:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 20, 2013, 12:59:44 AMThe thing is Bird, is seems as if your accusations of me (mostly in recent time) entirely rely on who could be a partner with me, rather than in addition tp if I were just a wolf with (insert name here), whereas I believe that my accusations against you hold water no matter who your partner is (to a certain logical extent, though)... FireArrow slightly less so...
Try and take it as a compliment. You haven't done anything blatantly suspicious, but you're also good enough to where I can't say you're baseline activity makes you seem human. This is how we found the wolves in the most recent LLF game, so there's definitely something to the strategy!

Fank's post is pretty daunting, but I'll try and hit most of the points that clear him. First, he didn't put BDS low on his suspicion list on day 1, he was in the middle. I also think you might be overestimating the ease at which lynching FA and I would be. You also misinterpreted Waddle's day 3 update, thinking there were 2 wolves alive (when there may not have been). All in all, none of your clearing points are substantial enough to rule out such a plausible combination of wolves.

One thing going in fank's favor that I think he forgot to mention was (and correct me if I'm misremembering this) he didn't know what a ballot box game was. I don't remember when/where he said this, but a wolf who knew ahead of time what the phase's effect would be would probably know that. Of course, it could just be him playing dumb.

As for me, one thing I think players are overlooking is my recent deviation from my All The King's Men behavior.  That is that I let up on Thiannon. Well, I'm also just being way more involved now, but that's not as important.

Quote from: Thiannon on November 20, 2013, 09:47:02 AM
You are going to feel so silly when you read the thread!

Also, I have a pretty busy afternoon, but should be free later tonight (9:00 CDT-whenever).
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

fank009

Quote from: Bird on November 20, 2013, 10:30:15 AMFank's post is pretty daunting, but I'll try and hit most of the points that clear him. First, he didn't put BDS low on his suspicion list on day 1, he was in the middle. I also think you might be overestimating the ease at which lynching FA and I would be. You also misinterpreted Waddle's day 3 update, thinking there were 2 wolves alive (when there may not have been). All in all, none of your clearing points are substantial enough to rule out such a plausible combination of wolves.

OBJECTIONS!
-I never stated, BDS was a human... though we do have this from day 1.
Quote-I agree with your analysis on BDS, he does seem to have a tendancy to be angry when people dont believe him
-and The alternative option was easier?
-somewhat true..., alleviated by the fact of my leans at that time... (only dead lean who was somewhat scummy was blueflower)
You were saying???

My opinion is NOT going to change... and when people like greg are calling you human, there really is only one combination of wolves for me... (I dont know why I dont just shoot now... (oh wait...))

Stupid Q, Why are we still deliberating when there is (apparently) a consensus??? (you have some doubt in you bird? :P)(or are you waiting for that game changing stuff that I always do?)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

fank009

(had a look at my inbox (to get to the chat...) And I just realized, I had an objection...)
Quote from: Bird on November 19, 2013, 09:54:18 PMThis explains would explain two weird things between the two of them:
  • The fact that fank009 randomly shared with me the PMs he exchanged with BDS. He apparently hadn't sent PMs to any other players the whole game, and his offer to show me these PMs came out of the blue.

So... Sending PMs to someone else is Scummy play?...
How about Sending PMs to someone else is a fank human tell???

Do you want evidence from previous games? Cause I am more than happy give it to you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Thiannon on November 20, 2013, 09:47:02 AM19:08   bird   Which is another mark in FireArrow's favor. Why would he wolf somebody who he was convinced was a wolf? Greg was a lot more of an obvious human from his point of view.

And finally some more evidence in support of FireArrow.
Every time somebody brings this up, it grinds my gears... >:(

You'd wolf Liggy:
1: Unlike I thought when I responded to Fank in the PMs, Liggy would actually be a better wolfing than Greg because there was more potential suspicion directed toward Greg, and Greg is also likely a bit more "malleable" in terms of opinions than Liggy might've been (then again, I don't know how Liggy would react in this situation).
2: So that you can bring up that point, which is what I'm talking about when I say Bird's proof is often contrived (plus, Bird is assuming that FA would be the only wolf, and even then, it would be beneficial, if only for convincing the fickle-minded people with the reaction-to-the-wolfing post :P).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

Quote from: fank009 on November 20, 2013, 11:50:35 AMDo you want evidence from previous games? Cause I am more than happy give it to you.

Yes! If you have evidence that something I think is suspicious is something you do all the time as a human, then I definitely want to see it!

Bird

fank009

For Bird...
Message interaction with TST last game
Quote from: fank009 on October 28, 2013, 09:02:40 PMIf its not a wolf tell, (which it isnt) what is it then??? ;)
Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on October 28, 2013, 09:44:00 PMHuman tell or rule confusion tell. I doubt you're suggesting they're joint leaders of the brotherhood.

Why do I get the feeling your train of thought is on a completely different track than my own? Or has wings? (Or both?)
Quote from: fank009 on October 31, 2013, 04:15:06 AM.... I've just been reading... and... compared to everyone else in the thread day 1...
You seem to have a case of "too much info".

hopefully you can connect the dots in terms of my thought process...
(here I'll help, Would I come to you privately If I thought you were a wolf???)

anyway... If you trust me, you will let me know If Im right (right ;))
[close]

Bird

I don't know how to interpret your PM to TST without knowing what it's referring to!

Bird

Whelp, here goes nothing.

BlackDragonSlayer and BlackDragonSlayer.

It's too late to get a consensus on anything else, but I'm reasonably confident this is the best option. Here's every plausible two wolf combination from my perspective, with the eliminated combinations below them.

BDS/Fank
BDS/FireArrow
Fank/FireArrow
Thiannon/Greg
Thiannon/FireArrow
Greg/FireArrow

Fank/Thiannon - Fank's number one lynch choice for a long time was Thiannon.
Fank/Greg - Weirdly argued Thiannon/Greg instead of Thiannon/BDS.
BDS/Greg - Greg's number one lynch choice.
BDS/Thiannon - Thiannon didn't save BDS when he was about to be lynched.

5/6ths of the viable combinations have Greg or FireArrow. Let's look at those two one more time.

I was worried for a second when I had a flashback to Snakes On A Plane where Greg intentionally poisoned himself in order to look human when he was actually a wolf. The difference here is that in that game he would still live once his plan went through. Additionally none of his potential partners (Thiannon or FireArrow) seem that suspicious. Plus not only did he offer to bomb himself, he first thought that we should throw the bombs at players who seem human. Not an argument I think a wolf would risk making.

And FireArrow's post from forever ago makes him seem human, as do his reactions to the game. If he was a wolf, I wonder if he would have dared to make a reaction like this to the wolfing. And I wonder if he would have maintained his certainty in my humanity, even though we began to look more and more like wolf partners and I was beginning to look more and more suspicious.

Given these assumptions, the only two-wolf combination left features BDS. BDS is a better choice than fank009 because fank009 has more human evidence (such as not realizing there was a ballot box phase). Naturally there are still one-wolf combinations to consider, but we can leave that for next phase.

FireArrow

Well, I don't have much of a choice.

BlackDragonSlayer and BlackDragonSlayer

Sorry for not really participating this phase, I've been having a crappy day (not much of an excuse, but bleh.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

Greg

FireArrow

Bird

The fact that neither FireArrow nor Greg has started gloating bodes well!

fank009