News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG LXII: This Game Is Encouraging When It Comes To Activity

Started by Waddle Bro, November 11, 2013, 07:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: Thiannon on November 16, 2013, 09:10:58 AMMy girlfriend's here for the weekend and I have a crapload of work to do for Monday, so I likely won't be able to contribute much this phase. I was going to say that I thought we should look into the people suspicious of BDS, since I really don't think he looked wolfy D1, but he was doing a bit of editorializing on this page, which strikes me as something he would do as a wolf (although probably also as a human, now that I think about it). 

I'm going to put my vote in for Maestro again now (has he even posted since D1?), but I'll try to get back online tonight or tomorrow morning and actually read the topic properly. Bird has been saying some weird things (his failure to recognize that we could lynch Liggy was probably just an oversight, but if so, it was uncharacteristic).

Also, FireArrow, why are you so sure Blueflower was a wolf?

And fank, what is "dumbtelling"?

I don't feel like quoting myself, but I feel inactive players who post just enough to have their faces seen tend to be the wolves. And crap, I completely forgot about Maestro and you. Maestro kinda fits that same catagory, so he and Liggy are topping my list. Also, a lot of your posts Thia seem to say a lot without really accomplishing much - I don't really recall anything you said actually making a large impact. I'm not sure what to think of that, is that usually a wolf or human tell?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

fank009

Quote from: Greg on November 16, 2013, 06:40:25 AMThe thing is it would have made more sense for you to lynch BDS, even if you thought he was a human! See verm's post at the beginning of the last night phase which should explain this more clearly. (wow I am arguing against myself here)

If we do two kills today, though, it should balance things out. Killing three people is probably inadvisable because most of the players seem pretty human at this point, so the third kill would probably just be a shot in the dark.
Who needs defenses when your prosecutor states the case fine.
Bds, was the lynch that would have made me the most human. (A nice buffer, and probably safe for another day)
If you want me to continue, I will be glad.

I do agree though 2 kills this phase is definetly the way to go. Bring it back to odds...

Thia, dumbtelling bluntly is to act dumb, mainly its a wolf tactic to drop suspicion, (wolves know everything, (usually), in this instance though, it seems too obvious from wolves, and is human points in your favour
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

fank009

Somethings else people are forgetting

-the antidote doesnt save from lynches
-the antidote only saves 1 shot of poisoning

Imo, both darts should go, to the same person

askalice23

So who do we throw the poison at? Anyone want to throw out ideas?

Bird

There is zero point in having both darts go to the same person. Having them go to different people accomplishes the same thing but with much more flexibility (you give yourself more time to select (of two players) who lives and who dies).

I voted for BDS over Liggy because of two reasons. First, I would rather BDS die than Liggy. Second, it would be easier to get a consensus on BDS and consensus is especially important in ballot box games. It's actually not a serious as I thought since I remembered that there were only two wolves, but I would still like to know who's dying before the phase ends.

I'm not dead set on anyone. I personally don't think the case presented against BDS is very strong anyway, but I honestly don't know who else to vote for. I have like 6 players in my head who could be the wolves, but between them I don't know who is the most suspicious (the top 6 from this list).

So any combination of lynches/darts to those 6 will be satisfactory to me.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

FireArrow

How does liggy, maestro, BDS/verm/fank sound? (I dunno, can't tell between the last 3.) Btw, in light of the recent PM thing verm did, has anyone looked into incompatible wolf partners?

fank009

Because Im too lazy to take out part of a chunk of quote,
Bird, Explain your reasoning when you mean that two darts on a person is a waste?

Quote from: FireArrow on November 16, 2013, 03:29:12 PMHow does liggy, maestro, BDS/verm/fank sound? (I dunno, can't tell between the last 3.) Btw, in light of the recent PM thing verm did, has anyone looked into incompatible wolf partners?
I havent since verms trap, my list should be somewhere this side of day1/night 2

Bird

Quote from: fank009 on November 16, 2013, 03:33:25 PMBird, Explain your reasoning when you mean that two darts on a person is a waste?

Using two darts on one person has a similar result that using the darts on different people would have, assuming that you cure one of the people. They both kill a player, in addition to the lynch we're going to make. The difference is that using both darts on one person forces us to come to a consensus on a single player right now, in addition to the lynch. If we use the darts on two people now, we don't have to commit to killing somebody so soon since we still have time to pick which one we cure.

The differences are minor, but anything that gives us more decision time sounds better.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on November 16, 2013, 03:18:10 PMSecond, it would be easier to get a consensus on BDS and consensus is especially important in ballot box games.
totes wolf

In all seriousness, though, I'd feel fine about Verm/Maestro/Bird dying this phase (well, not that kind of fine), mostly because not many other people seem wolfish to me at this point, or at least not to lynch them/throw darts at them.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: Bird on November 16, 2013, 04:04:02 PMUsing two darts on one person has a similar result that using the darts on different people would have, assuming that you cure one of the people. They both kill a player, in addition to the lynch we're going to make. The difference is that using both darts on one person forces us to come to a consensus on a single player right now, in addition to the lynch. If we use the darts on two people now, we don't have to commit to killing somebody so soon since we still have time to pick which one we cure.

The differences are minor, but anything that gives us more decision time sounds better.

We don't have to cure anyone.

fank009

Quote from: FireArrow on November 16, 2013, 05:09:54 PMWe don't have to cure anyone.
tomorrows potentially lylo if we kill 3 today

bird good to know your stance.

I have a log with liggy (that I cant post now) stating liggy is not planning to use the antidote

FireArrow

fank009

Liggy

Quote from: fank009 on November 16, 2013, 05:24:22 PMtomorrows potentially lylo if we kill 3 today

bird good to know your stance.

I have a log with liggy (that I cant post now) stating liggy is not planning to use the antidote
So do I.

[17:09:13 EST]   Liggy   for one I think using the antidote is a silly idea
[17:09:36 EST]   Liggy   so I'm probably not going to use it
[17:10:05 EST]   Liggy   in fact
[17:10:16 EST]   Liggy   as much as it's bad idea to point out
[17:10:25 EST]   Liggy   since everyone wants me lynched now's probably a good time to do it
[17:10:32 EST]   Liggy   since the antidote can really only help the wolves
[17:28:53 EST]   fank009   The flip side, is 3 kills, (to stay on evens
[17:33:04 EST]   Liggy   every kill taken out of the hands of the wolves and in the hands of the humans is not a wasted kill
[17:33:14 EST]   Liggy   at worst, we lynch a suspicious human
[17:33:24 EST]   Liggy   or otherwise kill them
[17:33:28 EST]   Liggy   if the wolves get the kill
[17:33:32 EST]   Liggy   that's the best possibility
[17:44:58 EST]   fank009   True

vermilionvermin

Askalice and FireArrow should both shoot their darts at the same person.  That way, we'll be going into the Night Phase with eight.  Personally I'm going to vote for Liggy because there's a lot pointing to a lot of people being human.  I'd be fine with fank or Maestro being lynched as well.  I've been inactive this day phase, sorry.