News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG 61: We have always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Liggy, October 28, 2013, 07:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

Quote from: Nakah on October 30, 2013, 10:59:15 PMSo why go so far to call out all the probable and improbable motives of everyone Bird? And why write such a complete interpretation so as to provide a sort of fabrication of information for everyone to base their own suspicions off of. It seems like a great way to flow UTR if you can commandeer the ship by directing everyone's perspective.

I do this every game, whether I'm human or a wolf!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Mashi

Okay, sooo, I think I randomly fell asleep last night, because I don't remember ever going to bed.  I apologise for my inactivity to that effect, as I was intending to chat in #TWGNSM for a while.

As far as my thoughts go at the moment, I don't think Bird is so suspicious based on his early analysis of all the Players; it's his playstyle and he would do something like that regardless of his Role.  He should definitely have an eye kept on him though, but that goes without saying.
I want to at least keep Players like Nakah and Bird alive for this Day Phase at least, because they're both proficient and it would be senseless to risk losing a contributive Human so early in the game.

I want to organise a timing for everyone to be in the chat, even if we do it during the Night Phase.  I'll be free between 2-4PM EDT for today, but should be home at about 9PM EDT the latest.  So some sort of chat between those two times would be optimal for me.  At the least, I think we should have some real time discussion occurring at some point so that we can all have a better gauge of everyone's characteristics.

I'll post more on my thoughts later; I have to prepare for work now!!!

fank009

Quote from: Mashi on October 31, 2013, 04:38:23 AMOkay, sooo, I think I randomly fell asleep last night, because I don't remember ever going to bed.  I apologise for my inactivity to that effect, as I was intending to chat in #TWGNSM for a while.

As far as my thoughts go at the moment, I don't think Bird is so suspicious based on his early analysis of all the Players; it's his playstyle and he would do something like that regardless of his Role.  He should definitely have an eye kept on him though, but that goes without saying.
I want to at least keep Players like Nakah and Bird alive for this Day Phase at least, because they're both proficient and it would be senseless to risk losing a contributive Human so early in the game.

I want to organise a timing for everyone to be in the chat, even if we do it during the Night Phase.  I'll be free between 2-4PM EDT for today, but should be home at about 9PM EDT the latest.  So some sort of chat between those two times would be optimal for me.  At the least, I think we should have some real time discussion occurring at some point so that we can all have a better gauge of everyone's characteristics.

I'll post more on my thoughts later; I have to prepare for work now!!!
Nice policy; plan now, think later :P
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

fank009

Now, This game is lacking books by yours truly.

Ok, I dont like all this indecisiveness in getting a concrete lynch, IT WILL REVEAL A POSSIBLE MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD.....

But as stated, there really isnt much to go on...
(where's all the lean lists???)

Looks like all my "Hinting" is being taken the wrong way (and by the wrong people :/)

So going through posts that tickle my fancy... See If I can add anything to my leans.

Quote from: Bird on October 30, 2013, 07:15:16 PM
Interesting observation there bird...  especially that 2nd bit...
(and somewhat going along with my own theory...)
Do you know what else is interesting???
Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on October 28, 2013, 01:50:06 PMTotally not scaring me. I'm going to go hide in the corner
All brotherhood powers are one shot powers, plus the wolves get a kill on the brotherhood leader if they guess their identity.
TST AGAIN doing exactly what happened with bubbles... (hmmmm...)

Quote from: Nakah on October 28, 2013, 12:53:44 PMAnd telling a player that they're asking to be wolfed because of their feedback for the humans only makes you seem more wolfy, fank.
ha... I somewhat love this quote... Maybe Im forgetting something, I have a philosphy, "think "what would wolves do"". ...  wolfing a possible seering target burns the seer, and gives humans no information. (considering everything that the wolves have in their disposal... *shudders*

Bird, instead of posting #91 here, Im just going to reply to it simply, You basically agree with me (believe it or not)... and (I think) your giving more info than you should... (what wolves dont know wont hurt humans). (and I think that comment about toby should be followed logicaly...

Hmmm...
It seems like people can fall into three categories
Category A (the hard workers)
Fank
Nakah
Bird
TST
Greg
Mashi
(I think Im not missing anybody who belongs into this category...)

Category B (telling human)

bubbles
Yugi
Toby
Dude

Category C (who the hell knows????)
K-night

(unless ignorance is bliss...) I feel that these categories will decide the game (in my biased opinion)

Lynch candidates...
I feel that we need a majority lynch, to avoid a) letting the brother hood be noticed. b) to stop wolf shenanigans.
Knowledge is power, And I feel to get the most knowledge, that we need a majority lynch (though I know we wont get it :/ (who knows? but today, more than likely no)
anyway...
lynch candidates.
-Mashi; Makes a point to NOT apply manti role, and comments about wolf powers, but nothing today. (Reply edit (you get the idea ;) : that one post I comment)
-TST; Telling too much???
-K-night; apart from the mixup in the mailings, (to my knowledge) hasnt contributed anything...

of all those... opportunities...
IMO, Mashi is the best lynch.
although the others are good, I feel that the others are still (somewhat?) useful for information (and other things)

Bubbles

I'm still kinda iffy on a lynch, but hopefully I'll think things over more before the phase ends

Quote from: Mashi on October 31, 2013, 04:38:23 AMI want to organise a timing for everyone to be in the chat, even if we do it during the Night Phase.  I'll be free between 2-4PM EDT for today, but should be home at about 9PM EDT the latest.  So some sort of chat between those two times would be optimal for me.  At the least, I think we should have some real time discussion occurring at some point so that we can all have a better gauge of everyone's characteristics.

But Mashi, it's Halloween! Idk if I can make it to a chat party because candy

Bird

Current Votes:

k-NiGhT - Toby
Bird - k-NiGhT -> Dude
Dude - fank009
Nakah - Toby -> bubbles -> Bird
fank009 - Toby -> no one -> Mashi
Greg -> TST -> Bubbles

1 - Toby
1 - Dude
1 - Fank
1 - Bird
1 - Mashi
1 - Bubbles

There's no way we're going to end this phase with a 6-way kitb. More people need to vote.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Greg

Fank why are you putting Mashi into the "hard workers" category and then voting for him on the basis that he's less useful for information?

Like seriously this much weird logic I think warrants a vote. Bird's already pointed out most of the other instances.

Toby

you missed out me in hard workers group

I don't really want to be coming off as I'm not doing much because I do try and I want you guys to realize that!

So, in terms of suspicion, Fank is certainly acting stranger than usual and his vote against Mashi is quite strange. I'm getting a strange vibe from Greg also.
Quote from: Greg on October 28, 2013, 09:24:01 PM
Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on October 28, 2013, 08:19:22 PMThe brotherhood leader should never ever claim.

The wolves have their guess power and nothing to stop it.
Wow, this is actually a really good point that nobody noticed before for some reason. :p
He said this, but I had been hinted/mentioned it beforehand here:
Quote from: Toby on October 28, 2013, 02:16:47 PM1. Does the guard power protect the Brotherhood leader from the wolves Brotherhood leader pickings?
(and then Liggy's reply or even Dude's reply to it gave us the answer)

It's not a strong suspicion but a TST and Greg partnering isn't out of the ordinary, both players have been mildly suspicious and they have connected to each other.

Mashi

Going to agree with fank009.  Greg's the only one I've been able to chat with in the passed hour (and even then, it was briefly), but we've both agreed that fank009 hasn't been making much sense.  I feel that he's playing similar to how he was last game, in which he was a Wolf, where he would argue points without ever actually going anywhere.

The_Subjective_Thought

Yes Toby.

Repeatedly correcting misinterpretations of the rules so humans don't royally screw up is Grade A wolf behaviour.

What I believe fank is using the "hard worker" catogorey for is simple: people who are contributing discussion, I kinda feel that the people and that at least one wolf can be found there and the other in b or c. (Divide and hide)

I doubt the fank lynch and the Mashi lynch but if pressured would vote Mashi.

I still need to think on this.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Toby

No TST, you saying something that's helpful to the Wolves and you're wolf partner mentioning what you said to shine light on you're humanity is B- grade wolf behavior.

The_Subjective_Thought

Geez, you really think that's the kinda plan I'd come up with as a wolf? Why would I draw attention to my faked humanity by having my wolf partner point it out? It would be better to ask someone else if I was in danger of being lynched to look through my records.

Those are some low expectations you got there.

That plan isn't B- it's barely D+.

And I wasn't in any danger there anyway! If it was only my wolf partner and someone else voting why would I have even bothered to defend myself after he revoked his vote?

Also the trend of someone being put forward for a lynch candidate and later being lynched is seriously high. So I'm pessimistic of my chances as is.

I really hope I've made this post for no reason and you were sarcasming at me because otherwise it's gonna get me lynched because you lot are hyper suspicious bastards.

Done now.

POKE IT WITH A STICK.
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

The_Subjective_Thought

Sorry people being suspicious of others for no good reason has been bugging me for a while now.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.

fank009

Quote from: Toby on October 31, 2013, 12:33:36 PMNo TST, you saying something that's helpful to the Wolves and you're wolf partner mentioning what you said to shine light on you're humanity is B- grade wolf behavior.
Has ayone said that you're a genious toby, because you are.

Quote from: Greg on October 31, 2013, 10:43:33 AMFank why are you putting Mashi into the "hard workers" category and then voting for him on the basis that he's less useful for information?

Like seriously this much weird logic I think warrants a vote. Bird's already pointed out most of the other instances.
logic is wierd,  becajse im trying (and failing) to protect the leader while still giving out leans-...

Mashi vote seems standard, gregs looks like looking for the "wolfish" players, (scummy person deserves a vote)

Need to dig to my pm's but I honestly think you are onto something toby....

I could have called the categories anything, but as mch as I dont want to, we will lynch in category A, (or c, B has no wolves) and thats the main basis of it, mashi, I guess using you as a guinea pig is a bad idea?/(good idea ;)

Mobile posting for now, ths is good ng to get messy

fank009

Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on October 31, 2013, 12:46:13 PMSorry people being suspicious of others for no good reason has been bugging me for a while now.
Give me 5 minutes, and I can give you a reason