News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG 61: We have always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Liggy, October 28, 2013, 07:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liggy

The Party (Wolves)

1. Party Member
2. Party Member

In addition to the normal wolfing, the Party has four single-use powers to use collectively.

Minipax - Picks two players.  Any vote for one of them will be treated as a vote for the other during the next day phase.  The use of this power is announced, just not which players.  Additionally, the two players will swap colors for the night phase this is used.
Minitrue - Allows the wolves to reuse any of their single use-powers, besides this one.  Undoes the original effect of ther power.  Lynches will be re-calculated if using this power would effect previous lynch results.
Miniluv - The Wolves select a player, controlling their vote for the rest of the game.
Miniplenty - Revokes every human power in the game for a night phase.

Additionally, the Party has another multi-use power.  Every night, they may guess a member of the Brotherhood.  If they guess correctly, that player reverts to their original role, and can not be re-added to the Brotherhood.  If they guess the Brotherhood Leader, the Brotherhood Leader dies.

The Brotherhood (Specials)

3. Brotherhood Leader - Each night, may choose to add a player to the Brotherhood.  The votes of all current members of the Brotherhood count for two, and each Brotherhood gets to pick from one of three single-use powers when they get added to the Brotherhood.  All current members of the Brotherhood are seered orange and know the identities of all current members of the Brotherhood.  Becoming a member of the Brotherhood does not change victory conditions or alignment; Party Members are still Party Members, Proles are still Proles.  The Brotherhood leader wins with the Proles.

Minor change: The Brotherhood members know the names of every other current Brotherhood member.

Single-use Powers:

Guardian - Protects only from wolfings
Seer - Self-explanatory
Vigi - Also self-explanatory

Proles (Humans)

4. Prole
5. Prole
6. Prole
7. Prole
8. Prole
9. Prole
10. Prole
11. Prole
12. Prole

Minor clarification/reminder: When Minitrue is used, lynches will be recalculated.  If a player is killed as a result of using Minitrue, any votes they made will be stricken, and it will be possible for lynch results to be changed.  Likewise, if votes are changed as a result of using Minitrue, lynches can be retroactively changed.  In the event that players retroactively die from the use of Minitrue, it will be revealed which phase they "died."

EDIT: Also, Minipax only affects votes for the day phase after it was used.

---
Night 1 ends Tuesday, October 29th, @ 9:00 PM EDT, or whenever all power PMs are sent in.

1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. Yugi
3. Greg
4. Bubbles
5. Dude
6. The_Subjective_Thought
7. fank009
8. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
9. K-NiGhT
10. Mashi
11. Bird
12. Nakah

SUBS:

1. vermillionvermin
2. NocturnOfShadow

Human PM was sent via BCC and says "Human." without formatting.  Good luck!

Dude

Quote from: Liggy on October 28, 2013, 07:29:48 AMHuman PM was sent via BCC and says "Human." without formatting.  Good luck!
Way to be lazy, Liggy!

You could have at least made it look pretty.

Dude

AND IT WASN'T EVEN A COMPLETE SENTENCE.

WAY TO GO, GENIUS.

Liggy

Also, Night 1 ends uh.....

This is what I get for starting at 10 AM.

It'll end at 9:00 PM EDT tomorrow, or when every power is sent in.

Liggy

AND Minor change to Minipax.  I feel really bad for these last-minute changes but there's a bunch of stuff I forgot. D=

Bird

I guess the only thing that we can really discuss right now is the Brotherhood Leader. Should he try and add someone tonight, and if so, what power should he give them?

The power question is definitely easiest to answer. At a glance, vigi seems like the most powerful, but this game apparently has no millers or master wolves... making seerings 100% accurate. I think that the Brotherhood Leader should definitely prioritize seer creation. I think that creating at least one guardian could also be a good idea. I just asked Liggy, and he said there was no upper limit to the size the Brotherhood could be. If he makes a guardian first, then claims to the thread with that information, he could somewhat safely create an infinite number of seers while remaining alive and public. And hell, we could even get a blocked wolfing in.

As for whether he tries to add someone tonight, I think he definitely should. He should be able to identify at least one human-seeming player this phase unless he's particularly bad!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

Well, even though Miniswitch just changed, I think seers are still the way to go.

btw miniswitch > minipax

Toby

The power's are only one shot if I'm not mistaken.

Toby

Few questions for Liggy!:
  • Is there cardflips?
  • What happens to the rest of the Brotherhood if the Brotherhood Leader dies? Do they all revert back to their original role or do they stay the same?
  • Can we see the order of actions?
  • With Minitrue, do the wolves get to use a power twice or do they just change how they used their power?
  • If Minitrue changes a seer result, would you reveal that to the previous seer?
  • If a seer, seers a player and gets wolfed on the same night, do they receive their seer result in the case that they get revived?
I'd highly suggest he do not have the Brotherhood Leader recruit anyone tonight. The Brotherhoods should be a group of humans we can trust and build up as much as we can. It would be foolish to recruit a wolf night 1 into the Brotherhood and give the game to the wolves almost.

Bird

I actually already asked Liggy a few of those questions, but I'll just let him respond in the thread.

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on October 28, 2013, 09:31:50 AMI'd highly suggest he do not have the Brotherhood Leader recruit anyone tonight. The Brotherhoods should be a group of humans we can trust and build up as much as we can. It would be foolish to recruit a wolf night 1 into the Brotherhood and give the game to the wolves almost.

This seems overly cautious. Just picking randomly, the Brotherhood leader has a 75% chance of inducting a human. But the picking will actually be better than random. Not only that, but he can orchestrate things so that even if he picks a wolf, he can arrange things so that he won't be killed. (If he picks a wolf, the wolf doesn't find his identity until Day 1. So they wouldn't attack him until Night 2. He just needs to find a person to tell "hey, I brought so-and-so into the Brotherhood, if I die, he's a wolf.")

Every seering is either a safe lynch or another Brotherhood inductee. Even with the wolves' color switch thing, that's only a single use and will probably not affect gameplay. Not inducting someone tonight means we won't get a seer result until Day 3 which will leave us in the dark for quite a while.

Liggy

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on October 28, 2013, 09:31:50 AMQuestion stuff that's literally two posts above this.
1. No.
2. Nothing.  They can't recruit any more people, but they stay a member of the Brotherhood.
3. Wolf single-use powers > Brotherhood Conversion > Wolf Guessing > Guardings > Wolfings > Vigi > Seerings
4. The original use of the power gets negated, and the wolves get the ability to use the power again.  They can use it the phase Minitrue is used or any other later phase.  The effects of Minitrue cascade throughout the game, so if using Minitrue causes someone to retroactively die, their power usages throughout the game will be negated, possibly reviving other people.
5. "On Night X, Person Y was <new seering result>."
6. EDIT: (I just thought of a way for a Night kill to get revoked)  They don't receive the Seering result they phase they die.  However, if they get revived, the phase they get revived they'll receive the Seering result if it wasn't retroactively revoked somehow.

Minitrue can cause a lot of confusion, so now would probably be a good time to ask if you have any questions about it.

Bird

Oh yeah, that reminds me:

Quote from: Liggy on October 28, 2013, 07:29:48 AMMinipax - Picks two players.  Any vote for one of them will be treated as a vote for the other during the next day phase.  The use of this power is announced, just not which players.  Additionally, the two players will swap colors for the night phase this is used.
Minitrue - Allows the wolves to reuse any of their single use-powers, besides this one.  Undoes the original effect of ther power.  Lynches will be re-calculated if using this power would effect previous lynch results.
Miniluv - The Wolves select a player, controlling their vote for the rest of the game.
Miniplenty - Revokes every human power in the game for a night phase.

There's no way I'm ever going to remember these. Maybe it's because I've never read 1984, but I'm just going to call them:

Minipax -> Switch
Minitrue -> Refresh
Miniluv -> Control
Miniplenty -> Revoke

Toby

Quote from: Bird on October 28, 2013, 09:44:16 AMHe just needs to find a person to tell "hey, I brought so-and-so into the Brotherhood, if I die, he's a wolf.")

''He just needs to find a person", is the problem. With only a days worth of information it might be hard to decide. I'd say let the Brotherhood leader decide himself then, but I'd suggest not picking any major characters unless you're sure about them.

Just saw Liggy's post:
QuoteQuestion stuff that's literally two posts above this.
Despite saying this when I couldn't find the answers after a third look over, thanks for that useful info!

Just saw Bird's post:
Never read it either and I might join you on that one!

Liggy

The question stuff was referring to your questions, not to the answers!  I just didn't want to have a whole post quoted when it was so close to mine.

Toby

Oh, I was wondering why you thought your main post was 2 posts above when it was actually 10!!