News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

TWG LXI: Hst Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, October 23, 2013, 07:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We have never been at war with Eurasia.

BlackDragonSlayer's TWG LXI: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra
1 (5.9%)
Greg's TWG LXI: The Subspace Emissary
1 (5.9%)
MaestroUGC's TWG LXI - Knowledge is Power
2 (11.8%)
The Boy Who Cried Wolf's TWG LXI: Halloween Party Disaster
2 (11.8%)
Liggy's TWG LXI: We have always been at war with Eurasia
6 (35.3%)
Mashi's TWG LXI: 1985
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 26, 2013, 06:14:48 PM

Mashi

Can Host Next Sign Ups:
Waddle Bro
K-NiGhT

Can Host After:
mysteryguy

I actually didn't make a mistake this time!!! ;)

fank009

Quote from: Mashi on October 23, 2013, 07:05:30 PMI actually didn't make a mistake this time!!! ;)
you forgot the o in the title xD
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Liggy

I actually have a neat idea for this, so I'll see if I can finalize it before the sign-ups end!

BlackDragonSlayer

TWG LX: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a predetermined route, highlighting the planet's natural wonders.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Gialux: Wolf
3: Gi-Jinado: Wolf
4: Ryu-jin: Infective "oni" wolf. In the case that Ryu-jin is lynched, the player sends a PM to the host, "passing" the role on to another player (player is turned red). If the player is a wolf or tour guide, the power does not take effect. Is the only wolf who does not know his teammates.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
5: Tour Guide 1: Guardian; can guard one player per night, excluding self.
6: Tour Guide 2: Seer; is told results at end of night phase.
7: Tour Guide 3: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red human is left in the game at the end of every day phase (after lynching). This excludes the "revived" Ryu-jin.
8: Tourist: Human.
9: Tourist: Human.
10: Tourist: Human.
11: Tourist: Human.
12: Tourist: Human.
13: Tourist: Human.
14: Tourist: Human.
15: Tourist: Human.
16: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Because Ryu-jin does not know who the other wolves are, and visa versa, only the first wolfing vote is accepted.
There are no special victory conditions.

This game will have a story, revealed between phases (both day and night), in average-sized paragraphs.

Special Gimmick: Navigation; throught the game (changing every day and night phase), the tour moves across various parts of the planet Umbra, on a course determined randomly (though areas cannot repeat until two other locations have been visited).
Each area gives special, temporary effects to certain roles; the expedition always starts on the Overworld, as that is where is ship lands, but might not return there.

Night Phase Only:
Overworld: Seer is told exact role of seered player; on subsequent visits, only allows two players to be seered normally.
Dire ad Aqua (underwater ocean): Gialux is seered as green.
Sacred Catacombs: Guard can guard two people.
In Specus Caverna (cave inside a cavern underneath the volcano): Ryu-Jin can seer.

Day Phase Only:
Palus Magna (swamp): Miju-maron gets two lynching votes.
Stone Causeway: No effects.
Ignis Parva (inside of a volcano): Gi-Jinado gets two lynching votes.
Ruins of Ultima Fini (mechanical core of the planet): No effects.

Never give up!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Greg

My other game hasn't been balanced, so.

TWG LXI: The Subspace Emissary

1. Bowser: Possesses a Dark Cannon that he can use to convert any character into trophy form once per night phase. When in trophy form, players' votes count for 0. Players will not be notified if they are in trophy form. If a player is hit while in trophy form, they will die.
2. Ganondorf: Possesses a Dark Cannon.
3. Wario: Possesses a Dark Cannon.
4. Tabuu: Master Wolf. Can seer a player each night phase. If he is lynched, he will kill either Dedede or Lucario, if they are still alive. If he is the last wolf alive he will gain a vigi power. Also, any blue player will appear green to him.

5. King Dedede: Can give a player a Dedede Brooch each night phase. The phase after that player is first trophied (or the next phase if the character is currently in trophy form), the player will return to normal. This extends to players who are trophied twice in one phase: they will revive from death, but will still be in trophy form. Will fail on dead players, wolves, and himself.
6. Lucario: Seer.
7. Mario: Can detrophy any live player once. If used on a player who is not trophied, the power is wasted.
8. Link: See Mario.
9. Samus: See Mario.
10. Marth: See Mario.11. Falco: See Mario.
12. Snake: See Mario.13. ROB: Miller. Also has Mario's power. Doesn't know he's the Miller.
14. Sonic: Twice in the game he can guess Tabuu's identity. If he guesses correctly, he permanently disables Tabuu's Brutal effect. The first attempt to trophy him will fail.

There's no normal wolfings in this game, per se: all kills are done through Dark Cannon. Also, the wolves don't know each other at the beginning of the game.

Yugi

I actually have a some ideas for games, but I want BDS to host this time, so I'll skip it this time around.

If anyone wants to know my ideas I'll be eager to share them!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on October 23, 2013, 08:54:31 PMI actually have a some ideas for games, but I want BDS to host this time, so I'll skip it this time around.

If anyone wants to know my ideas I'll be eager to share them!
;D

Hopefully...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Give me a day to finish up the game and working on, and we'll see how well that goes....
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Toby

Quote from: Mashi on October 23, 2013, 07:05:30 PMI actually didn't make a mistake this time!!! ;)

You forgot that Sauce can't host until the game after next game. ;)

Also might... Maybe... Make a quick Halloween themed game for y`all.

fank009

wondering on wether to put my game up or not...
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Mashi

Also, Poll will be up tomorrow at 10PM EDT.  Motivation for you all, if anything!!!

MaestroUGC

TWG LXI - Knowledge is Power
As your body grows bigger
Your mind must flower
It's great to learn
'Cause Knowledge is Power!

A Super TWGTM

Players: 15
Win conditions:

Humans - Defeat the Wolves and the Comet Team
Wolves - Wolves=Humans
Comet Team - Comet Team=Wolves and Humans

Wolves:
Naughty Number Nine - Master Wolf - If he is still alive when the player count reaches nine or less, Naughty Number Nine can revive a dead player if one exists, redeemable anytime after player count reaches nine or less.
Tyranosaurus Debt
- Wolf - Debt collector - Each day phase he remains alive, he gains 0.5 voting power. (D1=1x, D2=1.5x, etc.)
Gravity - Wolf - Apple - Can drop an apple on one player each night. If Gravity is killed, all the apple holders are stripped of their powers and voting abilities. The players will be told they've been hit by an apple.

Humans:
Mother Necessity - Necessity - Each night you will choose two targets, and both targets will receive either a guarding, a power block (both defensive and prohibitive), or a seering. If no action was performed, it will result in a seering on them. If they use a power, it will be nulled. It they are the victim of a power or a kill, it will be blocked.
Zero - My Hero - You can save one player from a lynching during the course of the game. The person with the next highest amount of votes will instead be lynched, etc.
Tax Man Max - Tax Day - He can choose one day phase in which each remaining human's votes count as 1.5x. He can either select the current day phase or choose a day phase in advance, but once he selects it is final. The power will still go into effect even if Tax Man Max isn't alive on the chosen day.
Rufus Xavier Sasparilla - Pronoun - The player can activate the power anytime and it will go into effect the following phase. During the affected phase, all players will be instructed the not use any proper nouns for any reason and the chat room will be closed for the duration (a practicality since I can't monitor you effectively). The only time you can use a proper noun is when placing a vote/wolfing/activating powers, and you can only do so once during the affected phase.
Lolly, of Father, Son, and Lolly - Adverb - You can send me a PM with a player's name and I'll send you complete readout on their vote history, power usage, and subitted wolfings, if applicable. Can be used only once and may be used on a dead player.
The Conductor - Conjunction Junction - He cannot be affected by a power at anytime in the game. If he's targeted three times or more then he can choose to use one of the powers used against him, but he will die at the end of the phase.
Three - Magic - Can disappear for one phase, chosen in advance, and will be rendered immune to wolfings, lynchings, and targetings, but you can still freely play, chat and vote.
Bill - Law - Can put into permanent effect one of the following: Cardflips at the end of each day phase; having the host post the official vote tally at the end of each phase as part of the update (i.e. the one I use when counting votes); enact Daylight Savings Time, extending two successive day phases by 24 hrs; or Veto one player's power, with exceptions for powers that are pending activation.

Lucky Seven Sampson - Lucky Star - Immune to KitBs, cannot be lynched if the vote count against him is 7 exactly. If he is still alive when the player count reaches seven then the game ends and he wins, unless Little Twelvetoes is still alive as well. (Must be exactly seven, if the number seven is skipped then play continues as normal). He is still counted as human throughout the game and for win conditions, meaning he also wins/loses with the human team.

Comet Team
The Earth - Energy - For each human that is alive, he has X-extra hit points, meaning it takes X+1 to successfuly kill him. (Game start = 10 attacks to kill/10 or more votes to lynch). Each phase the number is reset to match the current standings.
Interplanet Janet - Comet - For each wolf that is alive, she has X-extra hit points, meaning it takes X+1 to successfuly kill her. (Game start = 4 attacks to kill/4 or more votes to lynch). Each phase the number is reset to match the current standings.
Little Twelvetoes - Home - Immune to KitBs, cannot be lynched if the vote count against him is a factor of 12 (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 12).

Interjection!
Each night one of the following is given to a random player for them to use if they wish:

N1 - Busy Prepositions - Protects you from a power during night one, automatic.
N2 - Electricity - Powerful enough to brighten the night, it will display whoever uses a power or sends in a wolfing during the night at the time of activation (1 hour window, 30 min before and after use). The results will be displayed atthe end of the phase.
N3 - Suffrage - You can choose another player or yourself to have their votes worth double then next day phase (D3, 2x multiplier).
N4 - Barter - You can trade powers with another player permanently. If they used their power or if it is pending activtation it will not be restored, and vice versa if you already used your own power.
N5 - VERB! - You will be given a full read out of the powers used during this phase as well as a list of people who communicated with each other via PM.

No instas or phantoms will be counted during the course of the game.

Yugi

yeah im not posting my game this time

BlackDragonSlayer

I was wondering what the theme of Maestro's game was, but then it hit me... at Conjunction Junction...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Really? It took you that long?

Goodness...