News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG LX: Host Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, October 06, 2013, 08:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i actually meant 18 hours and 42 minutes

BlackDragonSlayer's TWG LX: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra
2 (13.3%)
mysteryguy's TWG LX: The ULTIMATE MYSTERY!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!
1 (6.7%)
Bird's TWG LX: 2fool4skool
12 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: October 11, 2013, 06:55:25 AM

Mashi

geronimo
allons-y
molto bene
fantastic
orangutan

Toby

You forgot again so:

Can Host Next Sign Ups:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Can Host After:
Waddle Bro
K-Night

Mashi

TheBoyWhoCriedWolf for replacing Mashi on TWC!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!  I'll remember to do it myself one of these days!

blueflower999

Mashi needs to make at least one mistake in every signups.  ;)
Bulbear! Blueflower999

davy

Quote from: blueflower999 on October 06, 2013, 12:14:29 PMMashi needs to make at least one mistake in every signups.  ;)

And there are already two now because he forgot 59 and 60 again.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dude

no offense but is it really bug you that much?

Mashi

little did davy know that twgs lix and lx have occurred in the super seekrit nsm twg subsubforum

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Mashi on October 06, 2013, 02:22:35 PMlittle did davy know that twgs lix and lx have occurred in the super seekrit nsm twg subsubforum

This gave me the biggest laugh I've had in a while.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

TWG LX: The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra

Backstory: Many years ago, the war on the planet Umbra ended. The war hero Agent 819, who single-handedly took out the dark leader UMBRA, went back to the galactic capital planet, never to return to Umbra until the year of his death... but his story is another story, not to be told here...

Umbra is quickly becoming a point of interest for tourists. The super-company Micro Budget Ships Inc. is funding a new, experimental program to safely guide boatloads of these tourists through the planet on a predetermined route, highlighting the planet's natural wonders.

Unfortunately for the company, the illusions still remain on Umbra, even after the evil left the planet: the local flora and fauna have gotten hungry, and weak-minded tourists are on the menu...

The Flora and Fauna; Wolves
1: Miju-maron: Master Wolf (as the Miju-marons are giant, carnivorous plants, they can't do much unless people walk right into their lairs, though this doesn't affect the role any)
2: Gialux: Wolf
3: Gi-Jinado: Wolf
4: Ryu-jin: Infective "oni" wolf. In the case that Ryu-jin is lynched, the player sends a PM to the host, "passing" the role on to another player (player is turned red). If the player is a wolf or tour guide, the power does not take effect. Is the only wolf who does not know his teammates.

Micro Budget Ships Tour; Humans
5: Tour Guide 1: Guardian; can guard one player per night, excluding self.
6: Tour Guide 2: Seer; is told results at end of night phase.
7: Tour Guide 3: Psychic; is told the number of wolves and if the red human is left in the game at the end of every day phase (after lynching). This excludes the "revived" Ryu-jin.
8: Tourist: Human.
9: Tourist: Human.
10: Tourist: Human.
11: Tourist: Human.
12: Tourist: Human.
13: Tourist: Human.
14: Tourist: Human.
15: Tourist: Human.
16: Tourist: Acts like a wolfsbane, except that the wolfing is redirected to another human player. Will be told he's a normal human.

Because Ryu-jin does not know who the other wolves are, and visa versa, only the first wolfing vote is accepted.
There are no special victory conditions.

This game will have a story, revealed between phases (both day and night), in average-sized paragraphs.

Special Gimmick: Navigation; throught the game (changing every day and night phase), the tour moves across various parts of the planet Umbra, on a course determined randomly (though areas cannot repeat until two other locations have been visited).
Each area gives special, temporary effects to certain roles; the expedition always starts on the Overworld, as that is where is ship lands, but might not return there.

Night Phase Only:
Overworld: Seer is told exact role of seered player; on subsequent visits, only allows two players to be seered normally.
Dire ad Aqua (underwater ocean): Gialux is seered as green.
Sacred Catacombs: Guard can guard two people.
In Specus Caverna (cave inside a cavern underneath the volcano): Ryu-Jin can seer.

Day Phase Only:
Palus Magna (swamp): Miju-maron gets two lynching votes.
Stone Causeway: No effects.
Ignis Parva (inside of a volcano): Gi-Jinado gets two lynching votes.
Ruins of Ultima Fini (mechanical core of the planet): No effects.

Really, though, we should fix the numberings...

Quote from: Mashi on October 06, 2013, 06:31:10 PMbut this is like the 62nd time that blackdragonslayer is trying to host so i wont even though he has a smelly conversion role in it
Spoiler
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Mashi

i decided to listen to you all and 'fixed' the numbering
now the seekrit nsm twg subsubforum looks weird thanks a lot guys
im so mad i just might decide to host a twg
but this is like the 62nd time that blackdragonslayer is trying to host so i wont even though he has a smelly conversion role in it

mysteryguy

TWG [Number Holder]: The ULTIMATE MYSTERY!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!

Universal Effects:
Mystery Game
Using the Mystery Accounts
Private Sign Ups

12-16 players

Bird

I'll probably get annoyed some day and manually change every TWG to have proper numbers anyway. It's just helpful for organization when you alphabetize the games.

Anyway, I've got a game this round.

TWG: 2fool4skool

Effect: Every phase, the number of green and red players remaining is revealed.

1. Wolf
2. Wolf

3. Human
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human

11. Fool
- Doesn't count for humans or wolves. Wins independently when he's killed. If all three fools are killed, the game ends.
12. Fool - Doesn't count for humans or wolves. Wins independently when he's killed.  If all three fools are killed, the game ends.
13. Fool - Doesn't count for humans or wolves. Wins independently when he's killed.  If all three fools are killed, the game ends.

The wolves don't want to kill the fools and the humans don't want to lynch the fools. But the fools are going to do everything they can to be wolfed or lynched. Will they succeed, ending the game early? Or will a few of them win as the humans and wolves battle to the end?

Only you can decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Sebastian

Quote from: mysteryguy on October 06, 2013, 06:34:19 PMTWG [Number Holder]: The ULTIMATE MYSTERY!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!

Universal Effects:
Mystery Game
Using the Mystery Accounts
Private Sign Ups

12-16 players
I vote this if we are voting

davy

BDS, now that I have time to play TWG again, I really want to play the game you've created. I do have some suggestions for it, however.

First of all, I suggest lowering the player total. While there haven't been any problems of games not filling up lately, games are rather hurt by inactivity, which could be solved if you have enough reserve players.

If you plan on keeping the same number of roles, I would suggest adding anouther Tour Guide from the Underworld. A formula that I like to use for ballancing games is: number of normal humans=2 times number of special humans=2 times number of wolves. If you dislike adding another tour guide due to Ryu-Jin's conversion power, I suggest adding a Herring.

Although this is just a personal opinion, I dislike the fact that your game has two normal wolves. While both of them can gain powers based on the location, I still feel the chance of them getting a power is too small. But once again, this is just my opinion.

Another personal opinion: I dislike the number of normal humans in your game. A total of nine players think that they are a normal human. I prefer being a special human or a wolf, and although I cannot and should not speak for the rest of the community, I fear that some players are going to be inactive if the find out that they're a normal human, and if a lot of players become inactive this way, it'll hurt your game.

About the navigation: I still think it's a bit much in favor of the wolves, and I would rather see an equil amount of human-benificial locations (especially if they could give normal humans additional powers). I would also suggest not having two locations without effect (I can understeand you want one location without effect, but in this case it's possible that all day phases have no additional effect trough navigation) especially since they're both day phase locations (I can understeand if you make one night-phase no-effect location and one day-phase no-effect location). A final note about the location is that they're all specific for one role, which means that if the corresponding role dies, the location becomes effectively effectless (no pun intended).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game