All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Snack Battle!

Started by JDMEK5, October 02, 2013, 07:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the subject expansion?

You bet!
I'll go with it. (Meh)
Nope. Too complicated and overhyped at this point.
Nope. (Other reason)

mikey

Redvines are disgusting... I'm sorry they are
unmotivated

FierceDeity

mikey

They taste... artificial...  like DYE... or something.  But I'll compromise if you will.  How about we just lump them into "licorice"?  Redvines, Twizzlers, et c.  including chocolate licorice, black licorice, or rainbow licorice(that stuff is great)
unmotivated

Sebastian

FierceDeity

I will never lump my redvines together with an inferior brand.

Ruto

I think I've seen redvines once and I've lived in NY for 18 years.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

FierceDeity

Wait shit I just realized we live in the same place.
Although I'm originally from california, and I saw them all the time there.

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 15, 2013, 05:31:23 PMI will never lump my redvines together with a superior brand.
ftfy  :) ;) :P 8)
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: Ruto on October 15, 2013, 06:51:42 PMI think I've seen redvines once and I've lived in NY for 18 years.
Quote from: FierceDeity on October 15, 2013, 07:55:26 PMWait  I just realized we live in the same place.
Although I'm originally from california, and I saw them all the time there.
You guys should meet up :)

JDMEK5

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 15, 2013, 09:49:18 AMOkay 2 things: One, how many snacks do we need before the snack battle starts?  Two, I'd like to vote in Twizzlers(or licorice in general) because they're delicious and chewy.
1) Depends. I'll basically close the doors to suggestions when people stop bringing in new ideas. Don't worry; I have a brilliant plan if we end up with 12+. (But if it comes to that I'd like to have more like 20 just to make it more worthwhile)
2) I'd vote for Twizzlers.

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 15, 2013, 12:43:05 PMSomething about Twizzlers being infinitely inferior to Red Vines and almost evil..?
I literally had to check Red Vines on Google and Wikipedia cuz I've never seen or heard of them before. (They evidently don't exist in Canada (Not surprised in case anyone was wondering))
See, here in Canada, Twizzlers completely dominate the licorice market. It's a total monopoly really.
But here's the part that's gonna make FierceDeity kill me:

Are they not the same thing under a different name? I mean, they even look the same.
Sorry guys, but if this is going through, it's going in as "Licorice" in general. Can everyone compromise with that?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

See the thing is
1) redvines are WAY more condensed... they're FLAT.
2) redvines have a disgusting powder all over them.
3) the cherry flavoring in redvines tastes TERRIBLE.
4) Twizzlers dominates the market in the US too.
unmotivated

Bubbles

I've had my fair share of odd/uncommon candies and I've never heard of Redvines

Sebastian

Nocturne, what town do you live in?
Just wondering :)

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 19, 2013, 05:28:55 PMredvines have a disgusting powder all over them.

Literally don't know what you're talking about there. The redvines you ate may have been laced with something.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 19, 2013, 05:28:55 PMredvines are WAY more condensed... they're FLAT.

lol wait how is that even a factor, I don't even

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 19, 2013, 05:28:55 PMthe cherry flavoring in redvines tastes TERRIBLE.

...Redvines aren't cherry flavored.
I know you're used to all licorice being that way, because you eat twizzlers, and for some reason that's their main fucking thing (along with strawberry, which is also gross).
But cherry flavor is an alternate thing with redvines that isn't really even sold anywhere.
You are likely to have only eaten what are called "red twists" in your lifetime, as far as redvines go, and those are not cherry.
And cherry flavored licorice is disgusting.
Q.E.D. twizzlers are disgusting.

EDIT: Also,
Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 19, 2013, 05:01:20 PMBut here's the part that's gonna make FierceDeity kill me:

Are they not the same thing under a different name? I mean, they even look the same.

NO
NO THEY ARE NOT
THEY HAVE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FLAVORS AND TEXTURES AND EVERYTHING
THIS IS LICORICE SACRILEGE, I SAY
SACRILICE, EVEN

...Can't believe the original argument was supposed to be pudding versus jello, I will get much more pissed about this haha

another edit: Hahahahahaha MLF did you censor me when you quoted me

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 20, 2013, 02:11:38 AMLiterally don't know what you're talking about there. The redvines you ate may have been laced with something.

lol wait how is that even a factor, I don't even

...Redvines aren't cherry flavored.
I know you're used to all licorice being that way, because you eat twizzlers, and for some reason that's their main fucking thing (along with strawberry, which is also gross).
But cherry flavor is an alternate thing with redvines that isn't really even sold anywhere.
You are likely to have only eaten what are called "red twists" in your lifetime, as far as redvines go, and those are not cherry.
And cherry flavored licorice is disgusting.
Q.E.D. twizzlers are disgusting.

EDIT: Also,
NO
NO THEY ARE NOT
THEY HAVE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FLAVORS AND TEXTURES AND EVERYTHING
THIS IS LICORICE SACRILEGE, I SAY
SACRILICE, EVEN

...Can't believe the original argument was supposed to be pudding versus jello, I will get much more pissed about this haha

another edit: Hahahahahaha MLF did you censor me when you quoted me
Licorice taste better than redvines and are more popular