News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG LIX: SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Started by Waddle Bro, September 27, 2013, 04:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG Yoshi

Well I guess I'll start us off, then.

I think for this phase we can set aside the Kirby/Luigi issue and start looking into people who would fit our wolf profile.

If their plan was to have us think that the wolves were inactive, then it would be safe to assume that our wolves were, in fact, part of that initial high-activity Night 1 group.

The other night Fox pointed something out to me in the chat:

http://us11.chatzy.com/89650852959951
QuoteTwgFox: Falcon still strikes me as odd though.23:35
TwgFox: This is probably nothing, but reviewing his posts I have come to thesethree conclusions:23:38
TwgFox: Falcon was more active at the start of the game. What better way to look human than start the game actively posting.23:40
TwgFox: 2. He made a pretty bad suspicion post, but rightaround the time everyone else was making one. Seemed like he was more focused on trying yo23:42
TwgFox: To fit in than anything23:42
TwgFox: 3. His activity has declined. Now that everyone is caught up in kirby and luigi nonsense, he sinks back into the shadows.23:44
TwgFox: Like I said though, this is highly speculatory. Thesesre23:45
TwgFox: These are just thoughts.23:45
TWG Yoshi: I agree that it is suspicious, and I think now that the Kirby/Luigi can be put aside for now we have to start looking else where.23:46
TWG Yoshi: A good place to start is the group of highly active players Night 1.23:47
TWG Yoshi: Since they most fit our wroking descriptions.23:47
TWG Yoshi: The only other players who posted Night one (more than once) are DK and Pikachu.23:49
TWG Yoshi: Dk has vanished completely.23:50
TWG Yoshi: and Pikachu is still around, but not contributing.23:50
TwgFox: Both players aren't very active

It would appear that Pikachu has since been replaced, and DK is on the same track, so I don't think starting with them would be a prudent move right now. I would like to hear a response from Falcon about this.

TWG Pikachu

Where am I?
Am I dreaming this
I feel a pleasnt breeze
I hear a voice from somewhere
I wonder who it is?

ARH
I've turned into a Pikachu...
Why... I dont remember anything...

So, You want me to join a rescue team, saving the pokehumans from wolves? sure I'll join that

(in the process of rereading the thread... will post some thoughts after the reread.)

TWG Pikachu

some points that stand out

after N1 no kill
Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 28, 2013, 08:39:14 AMThe thing that bothers me, though, is that only Ness didn't post, which implies that there was a wolf who did post and yet still didn't wolf.  And I'd probably suspect me of doing that most.

I personally dont like this reasoning, there are 2 wolves... to think that the partner didnt shoot regardless of wether the other is inactive... Its not impossible, But I find it weird that its the first thing that comes to mind

Quote from: TWG Link on September 28, 2013, 08:49:05 AMI am new to this game still but I think the two possibilities we should be thinking about are that the Wolves could be inactive (since I guess they could have posted but forgot to send in a PM to wolf someone?) or they could be pretending to be inactive by not wolfing anyone.  I think that we should try to talk about these options.  I think the first one might be a good one to start with because we cannot tell well who would be clever enough to do the second one since our identities are all hidden.

interesting playing the "Im new card", and immediatley comes up with this... Maybe Im overthinking things... Might have a look at this later...

Quote from: TWG Ness on September 28, 2013, 07:21:29 PMSorry for not posting, I was a little busy today! I didn't post last night since it was Night 1 and I didn't really have much to say or do.

The only reason I logged in in the first place was to check if the password was right/if I could remember it easily. I can't. Plus I could've read the thread on my actual account instead, so I'm not sure what your point is.
That doesn't really help us, since we don't know who you are and what your usual playing styles are.

Isnt this a possible wolf strategy????

Quote from: TWG Falcon on September 28, 2013, 10:52:36 PMHey everyone! I just finish my night class in english now i can speak very well!

Anyway, I'm not sure who to vote for. Obviously, Ness and any other inactives are hella sketchy, but the way Bowser is relentlessly attacking everyone is a bit off-putting.
um, Relentlessly attacking isnt always a wolfish trait

Quote from: TWG Falcon on September 29, 2013, 01:21:01 PMThere is one player we seem to be overlooking here. One that posted once and has yet to post again.

TWG Mario

Unless I missed something, Mario posted once at the start of the game and has not come back yet. That would easily explain the missing wolfing. While I am admittedly loath to use such an accusation based on my defense of Ness earlier, it is only the first day and we have nothing to go off of yet.
There are two pieces to the pie, one person being inactive DOES NOT MEAN... that they HAD to make the shot...
of course, someone can be carrying...

quick thought on
the TWG mario lynch.
to be all honest, it was horrible, absolutley horrible. the fact that it went 3 way coinflip with samus and luigi AND that mario hadnt said a damm thing, no way to tell the mario flip imo. but luigi is looking green, If he wanted to save himself he would have either had person x or the scum buddeh vote samus.

Bowser wolfng, based on early interactions, seemingly more to indicate that luigi is green. (no pun intended)

Kirby lynch, doesnt make sense in 10v2 to Self destruct (again no pun intended). need to read a bit more...

Samus wolfing. need to read a bit more, but it looks like luigi is green

Quick thoughts on possible wolves;
captain falcon doesnt look all that promising to be honest. mainly that vote on TWG mario, but definetly needs a read
fox, all bark and no bite??? you havent casted a vote, you have been relatively active as well...
QuoteTwgFox: Probably 17:35
TwgFox: Falcon still strikes me as odd though. 17:35
TwgFox: This is probably nothing, but reviewing his posts I have come to thesethree conclusions: 17:38
TwgFox: Falcon was more active at the start of the game. What better way to look human than start the game actively posting. 17:40
TwgFox: 2. He made a pretty bad suspicion post, but rightaround the time everyone else was making one. Seemed like he was more focused on trying yo 17:42
TwgFox: To fit in than anything 17:42
TwgFox: 3. His activity has declined. Now that everyone is caught up in kirby and luigi nonsense, he sinks back into the shadows. 17:44
TwgFox: Like I said though, this is highly speculatory. Thesesre
Its a decent idea...  but... I really doubt that you are going to follow on it...
exhibit A)
Quote from: TWG Fox on September 30, 2013, 09:14:57 PMHonestly, I didn't vote because I don't have any suspicions yet. I just don't know.

I haven't gotten the chance to get on the chat and discuss things yet. Maybe I'll have a chance tomorrow.
(somewhat granted.)
and we have this little gem
Quote from: TWG Fox on September 30, 2013, 08:14:21 PMLol, well you've got my vote. :P

thoughts for no wolfing n1.
basically,
F4 is easier for uncertainty and chaos than F3 (in terms of the wolves)
more thoughts later when I reread the thread in a different light.

TWG Fox

Just to clarify, that chat log was much more recent than the other two quotes from me. The post about lynching luigi was clearly a joke (if the smiley didn't give it away). As for the other post, I didn't have a suspicion list because I'd been busy irl, and didn't really know what was going on. I litteraly just read through the whole topic a couple days ago. (which was where the chat log comes from) My early posts were more of just placeholders, as I didn't want to get kicked but also didn't have the time to play.

Like I said, this stuff about falcon is just speculation. The biggest thing out of those three points I made would probably be that he singled out mario, when pikachu dk, and myself were equaly as inactive.

TWG Luigi

I'm less sold on Falcon after last Night's events.

I checked to see who logged onto their accounts and who did not.  The following four people were unable to make the wolfing:

TWG Falcon
TWG Ness
TWG Pikachu
TWG Samus

If I had to vote right now, though, I'd still end up voting for Falcon if only because I have reason to believe that most of the rest of the game is human and there's nothing from him.  If he can answer why he thought I was "glaringly suspicious" before he can do something to alleviate that suspicion.  I'm also looking for ideas from other players.

TWG Yoshi

Well at the moment it doesn't look as if Falcon is going to respond, and I'm not going to have time to wait and vote.

I will note that Luigi's list of "unable to make a wolfing" isn't correct for one person. If Pikachu was inactive and about to be replaced, it's likely the original player didn't even bother to log in and the replacement wasn't able to until the start of the phase. That's not to say I find him particularly suspicious, but it is something to be noted.

I'll be in the chat for a few hours, but not much longer.

TWG Ness

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMI personally dont like this reasoning, there are 2 wolves... to think that the partner didnt shoot regardless of wether the other is inactive... Its not impossible, But I find it weird that its the first thing that comes to mind
That's regarding that the wolfing was accidental. The popular opinion right now is that it was intentional

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMinteresting playing the "Im new card", and immediatley comes up with this... Maybe Im overthinking things... Might have a look at this later...
yeah i dont think anyone playing is particularly new (hope this doesnt bite me back in the postgame)

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMIsnt this a possible wolf strategy????
I dont understand?

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMum, Relentlessly attacking isnt always a wolfish trait
At the time, Bowser wasn't really "relentlessly attacking" anyone. He jumped to conclusions on Luigi, which at least sparked some conversation. I never really felt like he was suspecting me either.

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMThere are two pieces to the pie, one person being inactive DOES NOT MEAN... that they HAD to make the shot...
of course, someone can be carrying...
Again, that was early on in the game. The wolfing was most likely deliberate.

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMquick thought on
the TWG mario lynch.
to be all honest, it was horrible, absolutley horrible. the fact that it went 3 way coinflip with samus and luigi AND that mario hadnt said a damm thing, no way to tell the mario flip imo. but luigi is looking green, If he wanted to save himself he would have either had person x or the scum buddeh vote samus.
No wolfing in the very beginning of the game where the players don't know each other's identities is really difficult to analyze. Even if a wolf could've broken the KitB with a vote for one of the players, I doubt that they would have, since it would be pretty obvious they wanted that person dead

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMBowser wolfng, based on early interactions, seemingly more to indicate that luigi is green. (no pun intended)

Kirby lynch, doesnt make sense in 10v2 to Self destruct (again no pun intended). need to read a bit more...
Samus wolfing. need to read a bit more, but it looks like luigi is green
Can you explain your reasoning for these three?

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMcaptain falcon doesnt look all that promising to be honest. mainly that vote on TWG mario, but definetly needs a read
If anything, I think his vote on Mario was one of the more suspicious things he did. Like Fox said, he singled out Mario while plenty of other players were being inactive as well. I was even partly inactive, and he mentioned that in the same post!

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMfox, all bark and no bite??? you havent casted a vote, you have been relatively active as well... Its a decent idea...  but... I really doubt that you are going to follow on it...
Fox hasn't been active for the most part. At least he threw an idea out there this phase.

Quote from: TWG Pikachu on October 05, 2013, 04:23:20 AMthoughts for no wolfing n1.
basically,
F4 is easier for uncertainty and chaos than F3 (in terms of the wolves)
Im probably missing something but I literally have no idea what you mean

TWG Yoshi

Well that's all I have time for, I'm going to vote TWG Falcon because I think it's the best option to pursue right now. While I would've hoped he had said something by now in his own defense, I can't wait around forever. My reasoning is that he did some odd things early in the game, which had been pointed out about, and has since remained silent. On the other hand if he is a wolf he probably would've said something by now, but it would seem a general apathy as taken hold of the game.

I'll check the thread again in the morning, so if if Falcon decides to speak up I'll read it and may change my vote.

TWG Pikachu

Quote from: TWG Ness on October 05, 2013, 08:26:15 PMyeah i dont think anyone playing is particularly new (hope this doesnt bite me back in the postgame)
^regardless, It seems too easy to play dumb in an anomynous game. And Im looking out for people playing dumb
Quote from: TWG Ness on October 05, 2013, 08:26:15 PMEven if a wolf could've broken the KitB with a vote for one of the players, I doubt that they would have, since it would be pretty obvious they wanted that person dead
pretty obvious??? do you need a full conviction of someone being a wolf to place a vote??? The vote could easily been hidden, especially in this scenario with 8/12 votes being placed.

Quote from: TWG Ness on October 05, 2013, 08:26:15 PMCan you explain your reasoning for these three?

Bowser wolfing-Again, given the fact that luigi being green makes sense for the lynch, and how much heat luigi got from Bowser, I would say this is more of a framing than a silencing (framing luigi than silincing bowser
Kirby lynch- I doubt kirby (as a wolf) would break down and vote self out of frustration, just a personal feel though
Samus wolfing, again, If luigi wanted to kill samus, he would have done it a while ago while he could have.

I need to read into it a bit more... but I am more than confident of luigi being green.

Quote from: TWG Ness on October 05, 2013, 08:26:15 PMFox hasn't been active for the most part. At least he threw an idea out there this phase.
Hmmm... this bit of "soft defending", yet he's been active enough to pop in say hi and leave a few thoughts (yet no votes (and it looks like its going to happen again???)

Also Ness, Why is it... of all the so many posts (is it 6?) you've had this game... why you had to ramble on my ramble on instead of doing additional work???

I'll get a lean list of what I have atm out.

TWG Pikachu

Leans (in no particular order)

Human
Luigi- reasons explained above
Yoshi- most active player at the time (in my biased opinion) so a pass from

No read
DK- really need a read on you

Undecided
Ness- 5ish posts... and no real substance, followed by a crunch on my post after my (initial read after) substitution, I really cant tell your intentions yet... so you get a pass for now.

Wolfish
Fox- I really aint picking anything up from him until recently (and nothing really adding... but thats a somewhat biased opinion)
Falcon- Why Mario day 1???
Link- THAT DUMBTELLING !!!???!!!

at this point of time TWG Link, Dumb telling really isnt something I want to deal with tomorrow

TWG Pikachu

Quote from: TWG Link on October 02, 2013, 09:45:05 PMIf possible, I would like to hear input from TWG Pikachu.  I understand that this is not the best suspicion (frankly, I find it a poor one for a Day 2 lynch!), but I think it is better than the quibbling going on between TWG Luigi and TWG Kirby (and based on how they have been arguing, I am inclined to think that they may both be Human, because both of them seem rather sincere in their reasoning).
somewhat humanity points here

TWG Luigi

Of the two is prefer a Falcon lynch.  I also have a really bad gut feeling about DK.  TWG Falcon.

TWG Luigi

Strongly reconsidering my vote and will be in the chatroom.

TWG Luigi

After reconsidering, I'll go with TWG Link.  I don't feel great about this, especially since it's a blindside, but eh.  Here's why.  My case against Falcon is rapidly deteriorating.  The fact that he did not have the ability to make the wolfing last night wipes off a list of potential partners, most notably Kirby.  I'd still like an explanation for why he was originally going to vote for me yesterday.

I usually don't like dumbtelling arguments because there's a good chance in a game like this that Link's just messing around.  His posts suggest to me that he's lying.  In addition to what Pikachu brought up about how quickly he came up with the possibility that the missed wolfing was intentional, Link also asked about a chatroom and said he was worried about the regular one checking IPs or something.

QuoteBecause I am fine with something like a server chat but I am afraid that some of you might be able to tell who is who from IP Addresses or something similar.

This is exactly why we stopped using the original chatroom with these accounts.

Waddle Bro

TWG LXI: SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Two Wolves VS. Ten Humans

TWG Link's game froze.

i lost the votes could someone plz help me find them thx ilu
1. TWG Mario
2. TWG Luigi - TWG Link
3. TWG Bowser
4. TWG Yoshi - TWG Falcon
5. TWG Link
6. TWG Kirby
7. TWG Pikachu - TWG Link
8. TWG Samus
9. TWG Fox
10. TWG DK
11. TWG Falcon
[close]

1. TWG Mario
2. TWG Luigi
3. TWG Bowser
4. TWG Yoshi
5. TWG Link
6. TWG Kirby
7. TWG Pikachu
8. TWG Samus
9. TWG Fox
10. TWG DK
11. TWG Falcon
12. TWG Ness

It's Night 4. Night 4, will end tomorrow, 11 AM EDT.