TWG LIX: SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Started by Waddle Bro, September 27, 2013, 04:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG Kirby

Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 29, 2013, 06:51:11 PMit points to me being a wolf way more than the alternative theory does.
WRONG WRONG WRONG.

The fact that you're supporting (if even partially) the theory invalidates any evidence it would hold to you being a wolf. After all, who in this game would knowingly support something that would get them lynched?

TWG Luigi

TWG Kirby.

You're not giving me a fair shake at all.  You want to vote for someone who supported the theory that inactives are wolves?  Vote for TWG Falcon, who confidently voted for Mario on the basis of inactivity, spammed a lot Night 1, and generally fits the profile of someone who'd miss a wolfing on purpose.  Or for whoever voted for Ness first, I forget who that was.  Don't vote for me, who argued both sides of the issue before ultimately concluding what you disagree with.  And who only posted once Night 1.  It'd be an unnecessary risk to take if I were a wolf to skip a wolfing since I'm like the second person that points to.

The only reason you're voting for me over Falcon is because I've got votes on me already.

TWG Yoshi

I'm of the opinion that this missed wolfing was intentional, given that everybody at least checked in once during the night and I doubt both wolves are inactive. This would mean that "whoever was active Night 1" is not exempt from skipping a wolfing. I do believe, that they'd want to keep a low profile, but not be invisible.

TWG Samus

Since I don't have any real strong feeling for lynching anyone else, and I think the inactives will sort themselves out like normal, but it appears that Samus isn't willing to take a side or try and reason the missed wolfing out for herself.

TWG Kirby

Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 29, 2013, 07:05:27 PMVote for TWG Falcon, who confidently voted for Mario on the basis of inactivity, spammed a lot Night 1, and generally fits the profile of someone who'd miss a wolfing on purpose.
This sentence is one of the reasons why I'm voting for you. You are acting like what you've done, and are doing now, completely clears you! I don't see how you can say how TWG Falcon "fits the profile of someone who'd miss a wolfing on purpose" when he's "spamming," something you mentioned yourself! What's the point of a well-laid plan if you scramble it by acting like a fool (by "spamming," as you say).

QuoteThe only reason you're voting for me over Falcon is because I've got votes on me already.
Couldn't the same be said of you for TWG Mario? Also, it makes no sense why I wouldn't just say something like, "Yeah, now that you mention it, you're right, I think inactives are behind this" and vote for... TWG MARIO?? Or just agree with you about the inactives in the first place?

TWG Luigi

Quote from: TWG Kirby on September 29, 2013, 07:23:55 PMThis sentence is one of the reasons why I'm voting for you. You are acting like what you've done, and are doing now, completely clears you! I don't see how you can say how TWG Falcon "fits the profile of someone who'd miss a wolfing on purpose" when he's "spamming," something you mentioned yourself! What's the point of a well-laid plan if you scramble it by acting like a fool (by "spamming," as you say).
I don't understand what you're saying.  TWG Falcon spammed on Night 1.  I think that, if the wolves missed the wolfing on purpose, they did so under the mindset that they would be able to lynch inactives based on that.  So in order to lynch inactives, they'd make sure that they posted as much as possible to prove that they'd be able to make a wolfing.  The point of spamming is simply to demonstrate that you had the capability to wolf.

Quote from: TWG Kirby on September 29, 2013, 07:23:55 PMCouldn't the same be said of you for TWG Mario? Also, it makes no sense why I wouldn't just say something like, "Yeah, now that you mention it, you're right, I think inactives are behind this" and vote for... TWG MARIO?? Or just agree with you about the inactives in the first place?
Yeah, it could explain why I was voting TWG Mario.  TWG Mario and TWG Fox are pretty much identical, so I voted for the one that was more likely to be lynched.  TWG Falcon and I are not identical, and by most reasonable wolf detection systems he makes more sense as a wolf.  And the reason why you wouldn't vote for TWG Mario is because it's way easier to go with the hivemind, and at the end of the day people are going to whine if you lynch inactives on Day 1.  You yourself argued that I was the strongest voice out there saying that I think the wolfing was accidental, and I'm far from certain on the issue.

TWG Luigi

I'm also still in the chatroom if you want to have a faster way to communicate.

TWG Kirby

Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 29, 2013, 07:33:37 PMI don't understand what you're saying.  TWG Falcon spammed on Night 1.  I think that, if the wolves missed the wolfing on purpose, they did so under the mindset that they would be able to lynch inactives based on that.  So in order to lynch inactives, they'd make sure that they posted as much as possible to prove that they'd be able to make a wolfing.  The point of spamming is simply to demonstrate that you had the capability to wolf.
If they spammed, then they'd be lynched on the premise that none of their posts had any substance. Your logic fails. Spamming merely to show activity (having no posts of good substance), is generally a normal activity on Night 1, when not in excess, but any later is usually not considered "acceptable."
Also, that fact is invalidated without even mentioning any of the above, as people could easily check the stats of the accounts, which people did, and see how long/when they were on!

QuoteAnd the reason why you wouldn't vote for TWG Mario is because it's way easier to go with the hivemind, and at the end of the day people are going to whine if you lynch inactives on Day 1.
0% sense

TWG Fox

Been a little busy planning to kill the huma-I mean with life. Anyone want to bring me up to speed?

TWG Luigi

I'm not saying that Falcon spammed any more than Night 1.  I'm saying that he demonstrated activity by posting a lot during Night 1, even if it didn't have any substance.  Yes, people could check who was available to post Night 1 for accounts like Ness.  That doesn't work for the rest of the accounts that have been used before.

Yes, the cool "missed wolfing was intentional" is what the hivemind says.  You yourself admitted that I'm the one making the strongest argument for the missed wolfing being an accident.  And I'm far from certain about that (in fact, I'm so uncertain about that that I'm voting for someone I don't think would have forgotten).  I was talking in the chat with Yoshi and he agrees with you.

TWG DK

Retracting my vote for TWG Luigi.

As much as I'd hate to say it, TWG Luigi is too active for a Day 1 lynch.

TWG Luigi

TWG Luigi

The vote on Kirby was definitely out of frustration more than anything.  It's usually a bad idea to vote for people on the assumption that they're wolf partners with another player, which is the only way my vote for Kirby makes sense (assuming he and Falcon are wolf partners).

I think I'm back to TWG Mario as my best lead.  Here's why:

When the wolves chose not to wolf someone, they were either doing it to lynch the inactives, or to lynch the people who were trying to lynch the inactives.  Unless they were doing it strictly for the numbers advantage, which I seriously doubt.

People are voting for me and I'm voting for inactives, but (barring Kirby, and I'll get to him later) that's not why I'm being voted.  Falcon and Samus also voted for inactives, but they're not being lynched.  Yoshi voted for Samus but the chatlog doesn't support that being the reason for Yoshi's vote either.  If Kirby were going into the phase with that mindset, he would have voted for someone else earlier, probably Samus.  Maybe Falcon.  I don't know, but he wouldn't wait that late in the phase if that were his mindset from the start.

So what we're left with is the wolves trying to lynch the inactives.  I think Falcon might fit this pattern, but as Kirby pointed out, first Falcon went after Bowser.  If Falcon's a wolf, Mario, Fox, or Ness is the easier vote.  At the same time, Samus eventually took back her vote on Ness, and I think she'd realize as a wolf that Ness's activity now doesn't explain inactivity Night 1.

This leads me to conclude that it's more likely that the wolves did not intentionally skip the wolfing.  Ness, Fox, and Mario strike me as the type of people to miss wolfings. 

TWG Link

I am currently having Internet connection issues so I am sorry if I am inactive as a result.  I will try to have the problems fixed as soon as possible.

Waddle Bro

TWG LXI: SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Two Wolves VS. Ten Humans

So a KitB happened with TWG Mario, TWG Luigi and TWG Samus.

TWG Mario was KO'd by a Bob-Omb random.org threw aginst him.

DA VOTEZ
1. TWG Mario
2. TWG Luigi - TWG Mario
3. TWG Bowser
4. TWG Yoshi - TWG Samus
5. TWG Link - TWG Falcon
6. TWG Kirby - TWG Luigi
7. TWG Pikachu - chu TWG Luigi
8. TWG Samus - TWG Samus
9. TWG Fox
10. TWG DK
11. TWG Falcon - TWG Mario
12. TWG Ness - TWG Ness
[close]

1. TWG Mario
2. TWG Luigi
3. TWG Bowser
4. TWG Yoshi
5. TWG Link
6. TWG Kirby
7. TWG Pikachu
8. TWG Samus
9. TWG Fox
10. TWG DK
11. TWG Falcon
12. TWG Ness

It's Night 2. Night 2 will end tomorrow, 11 AM EDT.

TWG Kirby

Quote from: Waddle Bro on September 30, 2013, 08:01:02 AMTWG Mario was KO'd by a Bob-Omb random.org threw aginst him.
LUIGI KILLED HIS OWN BROTHER. LYNCH HIM.