News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG LIX: SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Started by Waddle Bro, September 27, 2013, 04:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG DK

Since right now pretty much everyone has been screwing around and having fun role playing (which there really isn't anything wrong with), there really needs to get some discussion going.  This is actually going to be really hard for us, because we aren't able to analyze the wolves' previous playstyles, we aren't really able to analyze the wolfings, and it's going to be hard to identify who's being suspicious when everyone is role playing!

So to start off, I'd like to say that TWG Luigi's immediate disregarding of nearly half the game strikes me as a call for trying to "clear" a fellow wolf member.  After all, most people posted, and it's not too hard to send in a Wolf PM.

TWG Yoshi

This seems like an interesting openening move. Sure, the easy thing would be to assume that the wolves are inactive, and one wolf being inactive is a very likely possibility following the last game; but both of them being inactive right from the start just does not seem very likely.

This means we can't just assume an inactive player, during the historically least active phase in the game, is a wolf as anybody can just not send in a wolfing.

TWG Kirby

Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 28, 2013, 08:51:58 AMCan we all start talking like BlackDragonSlayer?  Knowing who he was in the last game made guessing pretty boring; we wouldn't want to take away all the fun, would we? :P  That is, of course, assuming I'm not BlackDragonSlayer trying to pull some very clever shenanigans that will hide my identity...
;D

If you are BlackDragonSlayer, you'd just be giving away your identity quite soon.

I'm not sure why the wolves wouldn't wolf somebody, but it seems to be intentional.
Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 28, 2013, 08:39:14 AMThe thing that bothers me, though, is that only Ness didn't post, which implies that there was a wolf who did post and yet still didn't wolf.  And I'd probably suspect me of doing that most.
For this reason.

TWG Bowser

W-What? Someone's going to host a murder?

MURDER IS NOT PERMITTED IN A SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT, I will do the best I can to stop these people from killing us, you have my word for it!

<INVESTIGATION START>

TWG Bowser

I have found something out!

Firstly, I went into TWG Ness's Profile, and looked at the last time he was on.

QuoteLast Active: September 28, 2013, 03:14:42 AM

Then, I went into the OP, and looked at the timestamp for that.

QuoteLast Active: September 28, 2013, 03:14:42 AM

And then into his stats!

QuoteTotal Time Spent Online:10 minutes.

This means that he had only 10 minutes in his account, which could either allow him to read the whole thread at this point, or send in a message to kill someone, but not both.

TWG Kirby

Quote from: TWG Bowser on September 28, 2013, 05:08:14 PMI have found something out!

Firstly, I went into TWG Ness's Profile, and looked at the last time he was on.

Then, I went into the OP, and looked at the timestamp for that.

And then into his stats!

This means that he had only 10 minutes in his account, which could either allow him to read the whole thread at this point, or send in a message to kill someone, but not both.
You do know that it's entirely possible to read the thread and send a message in 10 minutes?

TWG Yoshi

Am I the only getting annoyed by Bowser's constant use of those pics in an attempt to be clever?

I'm all for getting into character, but you can do that without filling up a three line post with 6 pics to illustrate your point. It makes your posts hard to read and only serves to make me not take anything you say seriously.

TWG Bowser

iTs caLlEd bEiNG iN cHarAcTer

iIl TrY to lImIt the PiCTuReS iN the FuTurE

TWG Yoshi

You can be in character without using such obstructive and distracting means.

Then again if you were a skilled actor you wouldn't have to rely on such props to convince others of your character.

TWG Bowser

Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 28, 2013, 08:39:14 AMHmm...

I guess I could be thrown into the group of people who were potentially inactive last night, but I wasn't inactive.  I just chose not to post much after saying that I had the first post.

At the very least, Bowser, Kirby, DK, Pikachu, and Falcon can probably be ignored for the day phase barring doing something ridiculously suspicious.

The thing that bothers me, though, is that only Ness didn't post, which implies that there was a wolf who did post and yet still didn't wolf.  And I'd probably suspect me of doing that most.
Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 28, 2013, 08:51:58 AMIt's also possible that the wolves no wolfed on purpose for strategic reasons; skipping only one wolfing doesn't give us any more lynches.

...in which case I begin to suspect the players I said we should ignore for today in my last post. 

Luigi-kun, allow me to attack your testimony.

Firstly, you say "I wasn't inactive, but I was", and then protect near half the players, and attack one, however, 12 minutes later, you change your mind, pretty much defending that one player, and attacking the players you defended earlier.

EXPLAIN THIS RANDOM CHANGE IN BEHAVIOUR

TWG Samus

Bowser, I agree. It's getting old. Please stop.

TWG Ness needs to show up. Inactives should be our prime target due to the no wolfing, and unless he makes a post soon, I wouldn't be surprised if he just wasn't paying attention.

TWG Bowser

I will admit, hosting the images is kind of a pain, so I'll either stop, or hyperlink the images instead.

TWG Kirby

Tentative vote on TWG Bowser. All of his reasons and observations are either obviously erroneous or completely frivolous. Luigi acknowledged that his first post that Bowser quoted wasn't the best reasoning-wise. Luigi was right in changing his mind, but Bowser attacked him for that?

TWG Ness

Sorry for not posting, I was a little busy today! I didn't post last night since it was Night 1 and I didn't really have much to say or do.

Quote from: TWG Bowser on September 28, 2013, 05:08:14 PMThis means that he had only 10 minutes in his account, which could either allow him to read the whole thread at this point, or send in a message to kill someone, but not both.
The only reason I logged in in the first place was to check if the password was right/if I could remember it easily. I can't. Plus I could've read the thread on my actual account instead, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Quote from: TWG Luigi on September 28, 2013, 08:39:14 AMThe thing that bothers me, though, is that only Ness didn't post, which implies that there was a wolf who did post and yet still didn't wolf.  And I'd probably suspect me of doing that most.
That doesn't really help us, since we don't know who you are and what your usual playing styles are.

In my defense as an inactive, why wouldn't I have wolfed someone if I was a wolf? If I was planning to be inactive and not join in the roleplaying, it would've been smarter to actually wolf someone to draw suspicion off of me. It takes < a minute to send in a pm which isn't difficult at all

Also does anyone else have to type in answers just to post? I got the verification code and the "What is the name of this site?" just for trying to post this.