News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project II!

Started by MaestroUGC, September 18, 2013, 12:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

List of Stuff that will be in this:

Please note, due to the variety of games and sheer amount of stuff that "has to be in it", the final work will most likely be broken up into multiple parts or movements, depending on how it's organized. Only full themes will be listed, any motifs or other smaller pieces will not be given a specific arrangement. (e.g. Starman theme)

Platformers
Super Mario Bros.
-Overworld
-Underworld
-Underwater

Super Mario Bros. 2
-Overworld

Super Mario Bros. 3
-Overworld
-Athletic
-Airship

Super Mario World
-Athletic
-Castle

Super Mario World 2
-Athletic

Super Mario 64
-Secret Slide
-Final Bowser

Super Mario Sunshine
-Secret Stages*

Super Mario Galaxy
-Good Egg Galaxy
-Gusty Garden Galaxy

RPGs
Super Mario RPG
-Forest Maze
-Mushroom Kingdom
-Marrymore

Paper Mario
-Mario and Peach's Theme

Mario Kart Series
Super Mario Kart
-Rainbow Road

Mario Kart 64
-Rainbow Road

Mario Kart DS
-Waluigi Pinball

Spinoffs
Yoshi's Story
-Ending

Luigi's Mansion
-Main Theme

*May not make the final cut. It's acapella and requires at least two of each vocal part (SATB) and is just a remix of the Overworld Theme-SMB
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MaestroUGC

Ypu May now begin suggesting theme you want featured in this expected-to-be massive thing.

PLEASE LIMIT YOUR SUGGESTIONS TO TWO PER PERSON

Yugi

Olimar12345

May I suggest that we cut some songs? It seems very cliche to do some of these, and the list is already quite long.

Also, is this going to be like a medley, or a playlist?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

You can suggest cutting whatever you wish. Just keep in mind the final set list will only have about 20 pieces. I will be making the final cuts, but my goal is to have at least one theme from each game in the main platformer series and a good representation from everything else.

I haven't decided how it's going to be done yet, so just be patient and suggest away.

MasterProX

Good Egg and Gusty Garden? Awesome choices. :D

You should add Mushroom City from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (I'd get a video link right now if I could, but I'm on my phone away from home...)

spitllama

"Final Battle" from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
(it's commonly named among the most popular video game boss themes... not series exclusive)

"Fight Against Mario... No, Doopliss!" from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

I'd suggest cutting a couple of those overworld themes. Like Olimar said, they're way overdone. You can find videos of them anywhere. What if it was a compilation that focused less on the things that everyone knows, it picked out the gems from the lesser known games? And by lesser known, I mean just not as obvious as "Underwater" from SMB.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

A lot of these are overdone, but so is Beethoven. But this isn't just some "random guy on youtube" thing we're doing here, I'm trying to do something much bigger, but if you want me to cut the "common" pieces I will.

MasterProX

Yeah, I'm kinda against including all those "common" pieces too. If you're gonna take votes on whether to include all of them or not, remember that I'm against having too many. (If that made sense.)

Waddle Bro

I'd trust Maestro with all my heart, if I were you. There's no way he wouldn't make something extraordinary no matter how mainstream the pieces are. He always pulls crazy shenanigans.

MaestroUGC

No, if they don't want to play something, there's no point in working with it.

Pit0010

Err me gerd xD

Toad's Factory from Mario Kart Wii. I feel like playing that again on pianoooo :P
Shadoninja arranged it :P
Ish me XD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

MasterProX

Oh, Toad's Factory is a good choice too.

EDIT (9/29/13, 5:28 PM): These two recommendations suck. Disregard this message.

FierceDeity

I don't think we should really be trying explicitly to avoid things that might be "overused", because then we'd be going to the other extreme of only including things that people aren't as likely to recognize. The fact that we're including so many games is enough to avoid being too cliche, I think (although, you certainly didn't downsize this from the last one, haha).
Anyways, my two votes go to Nimbus Land from Super Mario RPG (I know we don't have flute, but the orchestration doesn't have to be identical) and Delfino Plaza from Super Mario Sunshine.

MaestroUGC

Actually, I have two clear options to take this thing, but it's going to depend on how much freedom you guys decide to give me.