News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Jegilmer's Arrangements: New Paper Mario: TTYD!

Started by jegilmer, August 26, 2013, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: jegilmer on June 07, 2014, 03:59:41 PMOh dang! Haha someone's a little oblivious :p haha sorry. But I'm going to have to download that sheet then!
Haha! Ok
Cant wait till "Hall of the Thousand Year Door" is done :)

jegilmer

Finally after being on vacation, I've finished my arrangement for Hall of the Thousand-Year Door. So there are some synth arpeggiated parts that I could not figure out, so if anyone wants to help me out with that, it would probably be beneficial to the arrangement. As far as the key of the piece, it sounds like its tonic is E to me.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Hall of the Thousand-Year Door
PDF | .MUS | MIDI

Sebastian

Awesome! Ill give you feedback on it later. Im busy right now...

Sebastian

jegilmer

Awesome, thanks! Yeah this one was hard for me to hear. It seemed so odd arranging it for piano since this piece has so much sustain to it. But I just wanted to get it over with to move on! Haha, maybe someone could add in those little since riffs later on , too.

Sebastian

Where are those riffs?
Oh and your doing "Boggly Woods" "Doopliss's Theme" and "Cortez Battle"? (These are the ones you told me you wanted to do :p )
Anyway thats fine if you don't want to do them :)

jegilmer

Yep those are the ones! I'm currently working on Cortez Battle. Since that one had a good starting point.
But one is around 0:25 and the other is around 0:38-0:46. They have a lot of delay or something like that on them so it's hard to hear for me.

And i'll make those corrections and post update the score!

jegilmer

And now that you filled in those missing notes, I'm hearing the piece with A as the tonic note. So I guess it'd be in a mix between A major and A mixolydian...I think.

Sebastian

Quote from: jegilmer on August 17, 2014, 09:57:25 PMAnd now that you filled in those missing notes, I'm hearing the piece with A as the tonic note. So I guess it'd be in a mix between A major and A mixolydian...I think.
Probably...

Quote from: jegilmer on August 17, 2014, 09:14:18 PMYep those are the ones! I'm currently working on Cortez Battle. Since that one had a good starting point.
But one is around 0:25 and the other is around 0:38-0:46. They have a lot of delay or something like that on them so it's hard to hear for me.

And i'll make those corrections and post update the score!
Boggly Woods might be hard for you to hear...If you want me to do it I will :)

jegilmer

That's up to you! I'm pretty much done with "Doopliss's Theme", and I'm really close to being done with the revision of "Cortez Battle". So I guess I'll give "Boggly Woods" a shot, but I may end up needing your help! Haha. ;)

Sebastian

Quote from: jegilmer on August 18, 2014, 11:03:02 PMThat's up to you! I'm pretty much done with "Doopliss's Theme", and I'm really close to being done with the revision of "Cortez Battle". So I guess I'll give "Boggly Woods" a shot, but I may end up needing your help! Haha. ;)
Ok :)
I'll give you as much help as you need :)

jegilmer

Here is Doopliss Theme from Paper Mario: TTYD! Give me some feedback please, I'm not sure if this pieces is in A minor or what. It was a little difficult to figure out the rhythm at first, but it's a great track!

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Doopliss Theme
PDF | .MUS | MIDI

Maelstrom

For starters just use an 8va for the first measure.

edit: And an 8vb also. Looks pretty good
and the note beaming could be fixed on measure 5
And I'd say it's in D Major, but I'm not 100% sure. It's still closer than C