News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG LVIII - The Boy's Forest of Tears

Started by Toby, August 26, 2013, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

He also said this:

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=5814.msg224466#msg224466

And I don't think Liggy would lie about saying the host made a mistake with his PM, suddenly saying that he was red. I think it's a fair assumption for a player who is red to flip as a wolf, right? What would be the point of a miller who flipped as "miller" rather than "wolf"?
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

vermilionvermin

Regarding my potential to no-vote:  Would I really have been in the same place?  I honestly think you'd be a hell of a lot less suspicious of me if I'd come up with some inactivity excuse (which would work pretty well since I was actually pretty busy during most of that phase!).  If I were a wolf, it's hard to predict a scenario in which voting for the seer didn't blow up in my face.

Regarding Liggy:  I lean towards trusting the wolf cardflip.  I find it a bit hard to believe that Toby messed up his role so spectacularly that he didn't tell Liggy he was seered red and didn't leave room for a humansided third party in the first post.  Though I think there's a good argument to be made for Liggy being a loner so I'll drop this point.

Regarding the MarioLegoFan thing:  The point is that I was actually trying to hunt wolves at some point with what limited time I had.

Regarding the Contranegative seering:  It's silly that you're lynching me person for supporting the K-Night lynch because he's apparently a really obvious seer when he seered someone red.  There is no reason for Contranegative to be arbitrarily red, especially when you already believe that Liggy's a miller, a wolf is brown, and that another wolf is blue!  That makes a pretty OP wolf team.

Regarding the alliance infiltration:  Yeah I contradicted myself because I too was skeptical of five specials.  But at this point everyone but me is confirmed or likely human.

Bird

Quote from: vermilionvermin on September 10, 2013, 02:52:47 PMRegarding my potential to no-vote:  Would I really have been in the same place?  I honestly think you'd be a hell of a lot less suspicious of me if I'd come up with some inactivity excuse (which would work pretty well since I was actually pretty busy during most of that phase!).  If I were a wolf, it's hard to predict a scenario in which voting for the seer didn't blow up in my face.
I'm just having a lot of trouble explaining the way you acted as a human, okay, so it all gets thrown into my "why you're a wolf" posts. I mean, you helped lynch the seer. I don't know what you were thinking, wolf or human.

QuoteRegarding Liggy:  I lean towards trusting the wolf cardflip.  I find it a bit hard to believe that Toby messed up his role so spectacularly that he didn't tell Liggy he was seered red and didn't leave room for a humansided third party in the first post.  Though I think there's a good argument to be made for Liggy being a loner so I'll drop this point.
It sounds like his role might have had to make an alliance choice by a certain point in time, going off of that Toby post I linked, and maybe he ended up choosing Wolf. He still gave us his three boxes though.

Liggy claimed to me independently after you told me about him. Either way, I don't think it counts as a point in your favor!

QuoteRegarding the MarioLegoFan thing:  The point is that I was actually trying to hunt wolves at some point with what limited time I had.
Silliness!!

QuoteRegarding the Contranegative seering:  It's silly that you're lynching me person for supporting the K-Night lynch because he's apparently a really obvious seer when he seered someone red.  There is no reason for Contranegative to be arbitrarily red, especially when you already believe that Liggy's a miller, a wolf is brown, and that another wolf is blue!  That makes a pretty OP wolf team.
If Liggy is a wolf, he's red and started off with boxes. Then you have the Brown wolf who is basically designed to be able to pretend to be a box keeper. Then you have ANOTHER red wolf who pretends to be a box keeper? That's crazy and hard to believe. That's why I'm going for you first. Not that you aren't making a number of good points, but ehhh... it seems like a lot of box keepery wolves, is all.

vermilionvermin

A green wolf is also a possibility.  Or, there's more than one red wolf like there usually is!

vermilionvermin

Liggy is either a loner or a wolf, and either way there's a reason I shouldn't be lynched today.

If Liggy is a wolf:

I told Bird before Bird got a claim from him that Liggy had claimed loner to me.  I also demonstrated knowledge of the fact that loners can't win with the humans.  Thus if Liggy is a wolf I cannot be a wolf.  However, Bird has pointed out that there's a possibility that there are two wolf factions because of the two killings each night.  My response is that it's a lot less likely that there are two wolf factions than it is that I made a bad vote as a human.

If Liggy is a loner:
Then the red seering on Contranegative really can't be ignored.  It would be ludicrous for there to be two non-wolves seered red, a blue wolf (apparently me), and a brown wolf.  Not to mention the fact that there's also probably a green wolf!

Thiannon

I survived until the end of a TWG once... in 2009.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Dude

well excuse me for wanting to sleep today -_-
Contra I guess

Quote from: Bird on September 10, 2013, 02:18:53 PMCan Slow and Dude be replaced? They're not posting or responding to PMs about the game.
omg one day of not posting and u guys freak out.
is that really necessary?

good night! >:(

Bird

That and clearly not reading the thread.

Could you please tell us your role?

FireArrow

vermillionvermin

Also, didn't you say you've never gotten a box from contra Bird? If so, then we pretty much have this game in the bag.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dude

Quote from: Bird on September 10, 2013, 07:27:15 PMThat and clearly not reading the thread.

Could you please tell us your role?
Quote from: Dude on September 08, 2013, 05:02:54 PMwat

I thought I PM'd you a while ago.

I'm a normal human.

Bird

Whoops!

Let's just pretend all that anger was directed at SlowPokemon then. Sorry about that!

vermilionvermin

FireArrow, you and Mr. E should vote for Contranegative.  Apparently I convinced Bird but I was supposed to post why and things came up and I forgot.  I don't know why he didn't mention it. 

BONUS POINT:  I asked Toby if my bodyguard power allows me to take kills from burnings should they kill.  He said yes.

It's really baffling to me that I'm being lynched because I was an unnecessary vote in a lynch people didn't like.  Especially when we have a player seered red who started the lynch that I'm getting flak for supporting.  And when there's plenty of evidence of me being human (see the point I made about Liggy's role in my last post).

Mr. E

Changing vote quickly to Bubbles right now. I've been temporarily convinced by Verm and Contra. I'll investigate further, but I don't find it likely that either are wolves right now. I'm sorry Bird.

Mr. E

OK, now that I don't feel rushed to switch votes and have thought about stuff a bit, I think the best target would be SlowPokemon. I feel as though Bird, Me, Contra, Verm, and FireArrow are pseudo-confirmed (to me at least)and I think that over this game he has definitely acted the oddest.

Bubbles

I dont think slow ever intended to play in the first place. Isn't he being replaced though?