TWG LVIII - The Boy's Forest of Tears

Started by Toby, August 26, 2013, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

wait what does the mason do

Also, I feel like if verm is not a wolf, the wolves wouldn't have a problem with going after him. That's one less Human/Box Keeper lying around if his claims are false, and if they do miss, the chances of us finding a wolf day 1 is potentially 1/18.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 27, 2013, 01:01:19 PMwait what does the mason do

Also, I feel like if verm is not a wolf, the wolves wouldn't have a problem with going after him. That's one less Human/Box Keeper lying around if his claims are false, and if they do miss, the chances of us finding a wolf day 1 is potentially 1/18.
Masons are humans who know each other.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mr. E

Alright, I'll pitch in my two cents for today. Will be able to be more active tomorrow. I'd be wary of trusting Verm, because, as others said, there's no way to verify his identity unless the wolves help out, and why would they do that? Also, I have absolutely no clue why on earth if he actually did have this ability he would post on the thread about it. I mean, he should know that the wolves will probably have a counter for it, and he's too smart not to think about that. I'd suggest not trusting anyone who claims special, unless they can prove it. Personally I'd imagine Verm's doing some test of some sort, or he's a wolf. I believe the former to be more likely, but the latter is also an option worth considering.

That's about it. Sorry for lack of activity today, school and stuff. Like I said, I'll be more active tomorrow.

vermilionvermin

I'm cool with one of the masons claiming so long as there's some sort of way to check them.  Here's what I propose:

Step 1:  One Mason claims.
Step 2:  Mason sends a PM to Sir Awesomesauce (bird's alt) telling him the name of the other mason.
Step 3:  If anyone logs into the Sir Awesomesauce account, we lynch bird.

This provides another layer of accountability on the part of the mason.  The mason has to pick a person on Night 1 and defend that person as their partner for the entire game.

Also:  There's no way the wolves attack me tonight.  The wolves know I'm telling the truth, and they know their kill will fail.  Additionally, they know that lynching me is the only way to get rid of me, so they'll further ideas like fank's and K-Night's by not attacking me even if they do have a strongman.

Mr. E

How would the wolves know that you're telling the truth?

vermilionvermin

I forgot that a strongman would theoretically go through my invincibility.

Fank, I'm curious as to what your motive was for saying that I'm a wolf if I survive tonight.  I could see you wanting to express that idea at some point, but saying it knowing the wolves will have time to alter their wolfing if necessary seems a bit silly!

Ninja'd by Mr. E.  The wolves would know that I'm telling the truth because they'd know I'm not a wolf.

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Mr. E

But Verm, as I said, you could easily be trying to get a reaction or trick the wolves (or humans) in some way through a plan. It doesn't make any sense to me why if you really did have this power, you'd be flaunting it like this.

BlackDragonSlayer

To be fair, though, I'd say Verm did nearly the same thing in TWG LI (although that doesn't necessarily say anything strongly for his humanity). Then again, in that game, I didn't want him to claim so early, to hopefully avoid a wolfing (odd logic since I was a wolf in that game :P).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

The difference is that his claim in that game was verifiable. As in, we knew that the item existed, and we knew by lack of counterclaims that nobody else had it.

verm where r u
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Mr. E

But that was that you knew for sure existed, and could be proved without the wolves being nice and helping us out. ninja'd by bird

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on August 27, 2013, 02:41:29 PMThe difference is that his claim in that game was verifiable. As in, we knew that the item existed, and we knew by lack of counterclaims that nobody else had it.

verm where r u
And the difference is that this is a mystery game... I think you're being a bit too "extreme" with your reaction: essentially, if we can't trust him, how can we trust the masons, or anybody, with the potential for unreliable seerings if wolves get enough boxes for a seering.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mr. E

Better to not trust someone than trust them blindly without any proof or evidence.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Mr. E on August 27, 2013, 02:45:33 PMBetter to not trust someone than trust them blindly without any proof or evidence.
And trust nobody but yourself and get torn apart by disorganization?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mr. E

Nah, I trust people, but we can't just trust someone because they say, "I'm a special. You didn't know I existed but I do. Claim to me."