News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

TWG LVIII - The Boy's Forest of Tears

Started by Toby, August 26, 2013, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Mr. E on August 27, 2013, 02:45:33 PMBetter to not trust someone than trust them blindly without any proof or evidence.
I agree with this. Since we don't have a verified seer/guardian team, we have no true way of having much communication with the human team AS A WHOLE. Masons are one thing.

That being said, does anybody know if there is a guardian/seer? If we could somehow find a way to get these two roles in contact, that would seriously help the cause.

e: ninja'd by BDS being hypocritical. aren't you like the most paranoid person ever of all time
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Bird

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 27, 2013, 02:48:11 PMAnd trust nobody but yourself and get torn apart by disorganization?

No.

Vigis can back up their identity with kills. Seers with results, mediums with dead people information and masons with partners. Wolfsbane and loose cannon type roles on the other hand, have no way of backing up the things they say. They're notoriously easy to false claim in mystery games, because if they're human, the wolves will be too scared to risk attacking them, and if they're wolves, people will assume the wolves are too scared to risk attacking them.

Sure, you can't blindly trust people. You also can't avoid trying to organize your team. But you can avoid making high-risk decisions, which I think perfectly describes what trusting verm is.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bubbles

If two masons claimed to bird, it would make more sense to trust them than verm. If they were wolves and were found out, that's two wolves down instead of one. But I'm curious as to why they would claim to bird on night one before anything substantial happens

Bird

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 27, 2013, 02:17:48 PMAlso:  There's no way the wolves attack me tonight.  The wolves know I'm telling the truth, and they know their kill will fail.  Additionally, they know that lynching me is the only way to get rid of me, so they'll further ideas like fank's and K-Night's by not attacking me even if they do have a strongman.

Or, you're still lying and just don't think the wolves would risk attacking somebody who brags about how invincible they are.

I think your masons plan is good, but the additional layer of accountability on the mason only lasts as long as I stay alive, since I'm not telling anyone the password to my other account. Not like it matters though.

I'm a mason. Please claim to me.

I am keeping my partner's identity a secret for now, but I can unveil it along with the PMs we've exchanged if people don't trust me. Seeing as how my role is both more believable and more trustworthy than verm's, it would be nice to get boxes to give to my partner so that I can be guarded tonight.

Mr. E

Conversation with Verm. He never responded to the last bit. Judge as you will.

Spoiler
22:17   Siri   Hey, Nighthawk.
22:17   Vermverm   Hi...Fawful?
22:17   Vermverm   or mr e
22:18      *** Siri is now known as MisterE
22:18   MisterE   So. Why should I believe you?
22:19   Vermverm   you should believe me because I'm telling the truth!
22:19   MisterE   What reason do i have to think that you're telling the truth?
22:20   Vermverm   I don't know if I'd be so risky as a wolf
22:21   MisterE   Well, even if you aren't a wolf, it would still be risky. And from what I've seen, you would be so risky as a wolf.
22:21   Vermverm   I generally don't take risks
22:21   Vermverm   I get myself into no-lose situations
22:22   MisterE   Huh. i seem to recall you having a history of false-claiming and such. If that was the case here, and you're a wolf, you probably have a human waiting to back you up.
22:22   MisterE   But i don't necessarily think you're a wolf.
22:23   MisterE   Why didn't you anticipate wolves having a counter ability. That seems like a pretty losing situation.
22:23   MisterE   And if you're a human, it would lose us a potentially valuable asset.
22:23   Vermverm   How do we know that the wolves do have a strongman ability?
22:24   Vermverm   I thought it was much more likely that they had a box-stealing ability or something
22:24   MisterE   We don't know.
22:24   MisterE   But I think you'd at least consider the risk, before claiming.
[close]

Toby

Just so people know the powers you can get from boxes can't be used on yourself.

If you receive a box from someone else you can't give it away.

You can't use your own boxes. You have to give them away.

You can only use 1 ability unless otherwise stated. You can't use 2 box abilities. You can't use a box ability and your own ability. Only 1.

Bird

Uh... I guess ignore that part of my post about the boxes. I totally didn't understand how they worked.

So I humbly request that some noble soul bodyguard me tonight.

fank009

Verm... Why keep you alive, when you are a "cleared" Human??? Thats why I'm confident they would use a strong arm shot over saving it for later.

Bird, No you cant give boxes to your mason partner, TBWCW said that allready :/ And people have boxes now??? I thought the clock striking would be a system announcement (in otherwords, your prolly a dead man bird)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bubbles

Unless theres a player who has a guarding power outside the boxes, yeah bird you cant be guarded.
Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on August 27, 2013, 03:45:30 PMYou can't use your own boxes. You have to give them away.
basically means that even if someone has a box this phase they cant use it besides giving it away

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on August 27, 2013, 04:26:57 PMVerm... Why keep you alive, when you are a "cleared" Human??? Thats why I'm confident they would use a strong arm shot over saving it for later.
That's the thing: Why would they use it if there's doubts as to Verm's humanity (assuming they even have one)? If they killed him, they'd confirm somebody who has the potential to be lynched, assuming things don't go right for him.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: Bird on August 27, 2013, 03:38:55 PMSeeing as how my role is both more believable and more trustworthy than verm's,

No, it's not. The whole reason why a mason is verifiable is because they have a partner, but without any conformation about you partner, it's just as empty as a claim as verms.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on August 27, 2013, 06:04:17 PMNo, it's not. The whole reason why a mason is verifiable is because they have a partner, but without any conformation about you partner, it's just as empty as a claim as verms.
And as I said in the chat, if he stated who his partner was, they'd both be wolfed, something that no human would do (or, at least I'd think no human would do...).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Liggy

That's understandable why he wouldn't do that, but he can't very well say that his claim is more verifiable if he has no one to support his claim.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Liggy on August 27, 2013, 06:23:57 PMThat's understandable why he wouldn't do that, but he can't very well say that his claim is more verifiable if he has no one to support his claim.
...which is essentially what I said...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber