News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles Post Game

Started by Mephistopheles, August 19, 2013, 10:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistopheles

TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles

11 Players:
Beelzebub - Master Wolf - Can Spy on one player's deal each phase, chosen at random. He will be given the Deal ID and the written agreement.
Mammon - Wolf - Debt collector. Can kill any player in the game at any time. Useable only once. His identity will be revealed when he does so.
Belphegor - Wolf
Gabriel - Seer (blue)
Raphael - Guardian (silver)
Micheal - Archangel (gold) - Can cancel one player's deal each phase, chosen at random. Doesn't restore the game to any prior state, just cancels the contract and it's prior/associated deal chain, if one exists.
5 Humans (green)

Players:
1. Bubbles7689 - Day 1
2. TheZeldaPianist275 - Night 5
3. Dude
4. Yugi - Night 4
5. K-NiGhT - Day 3
6. BlackDragonSlayer - Day 4
7. The Boy Who Cried Wolf - Night 1
8. Liggy
9. davy
10. vermilionvermin
11. fank009 - Night 3

WOLVES WIN

Player Analyses and Phase Summaries will be up tomorrow.

Winners: Bubbles7689, Liggy, and vermilionvermin.
Human MVP: Liggy
Wolf MVP: Liggy

Mephistopheles

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Instead of re-posting your game, you should post the role reveal.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 19, 2013, 10:07:19 PMInstead of re-posting your game, you should post the role reveal.
Give him some time... :K

Now, I'm wondering if the wolves spied on my deal and one of them became charismatic to take advantage of it... but if my deal was still active, why didn't I die instead of Yugi??
I apologize to Fank and Yugi for editing their PMs to make Fank seem like a special (yes, TZP was the real special. Har har har.) :P

And, davy... I don't know how you voted for Liggy with Verm and Dude acting so... weird...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Toby

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 19, 2013, 10:07:19 PMInstead of re-posting your game, you should post the role reveal.
Not to be mean but haven't you still to finish your post game? :P

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on August 19, 2013, 11:27:59 PMNot to be mean but haven't you still to finish your post game? :P
How did that even relate to that quote? He was only notifying how the first post isn't anything like you'd see in a post game.

and he did post the role reveal y'know. >.>

fank009

That shake up imo was the key to winning the game. One mislynch, and as good as nothing,
No, I was not a power as bds claimed, after the swap, but I knew i was a target (wolves are so predictable)

This game really lost its feel, (imo) we had the role reveal (which im thankful for) and the role swap... and yeah, so much going on it felt like it was throwing a dart. Humams imo had no chance,  the opportunity was too advantageous to not milk it, and no one really paid attention to that line of reasoning.

Again, a bit hurt bout being the intial lynch... verm must of been a power in the beginning. (Just a lean)

I guess we can reveal deal's now?
What I wanted was basically a way to catch the master wolf, (although it wouldnt affect the outcome, it went after the kills, which I feel was a bit... :/ (how is someone supposed to guard a dead man?)

I have an idea as to what happened, but I really doubt it.

The game was good... deals became way too wacky imo :/
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Yugi

Wait why did I die that night? Wouldn't I have been protected?

vermilionvermin

Fank, you're right.  I was the seer at the start of the game.  The reason I suggested people counterclaim Yugi via totem was because I had a deal in place which allowed me to determine who wrote the next totem.  I hoped the wolves would bite but they didn't.  The suggestion had the added benefit of making it look like I didn't fully trust Yugi and hopefully made me look like not a special.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on August 19, 2013, 11:56:49 PMWait why did I die that night? Wouldn't I have been protected?
I had a deal (my only one <3) that would redirect all Mammon attacks and wolfings to me if an unguarded angel was attacked (made when I was a normal human), but immune if I was directly attacked (which is why I was trying to get wolfed throughout the game :P)... I don't know why I wasn't killed instead of you (as you can see by my surprise at the beginning of the phase).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Liggy

Here's all the deals I made.  Important to note that me and verm became wolves at one point, which I'll mention when I get there.

First deal I made (as a human) was the role reveal when people said human/wolf.  I was particularly proud of that, and I was surprised that no wolf actually countered that.  Even when me and verm became a wolf, we didn't bother to counter that because we didn't think it was a problem!  I was actually pretty proud of this deal, and it would have made the humans win the game had it not been for the role swap!  Probably!

The second deal I made (once again, as a human), was actually probably the deal that made me win the game, even though the above deal crippled me so much when I became a wolf.  This deal was that whoever I voted for was immune to being lynched, which is why BDS was lynched that last day phase.  I had voted for verm, which meant that verm was able to sneakily vote BDS and lynch him without any forethought.  The reason why I didn't get lynched instead is covered in the next deal!

Then, me and verm became wolves.  After discussion with Maestro, he said that we could speculate and plan our deals together, which gave us an idea.  All of the deals we made we discussed with each other before hand, and added a clause into such that the other would know that a deal was made, so they could make the assumption that the deal we planned was executed.

The third deal I made was threefold, and covered up some loose ends to ensure our victory.  First, it prevented our roles or alignments from being changed, so we wouldn't become humans at the very end and lose our victory.  Second, it gave Davy's vote to verm, at the expense of verm's vote.  The net gain was that Davy lost his vote, but luckily for us, Davy's vote could have cost us the game!  And the third was, as I mentioned above, sending a message to verm so he would know that this deal was made.

And finally, the fourth deal was publicly mentioned in the thread.  All we had to do was wolf one more person to win, and as such I struck a deal to prevent any more deals from being made, in case a human tried to do a last ditch effort to prevent a death.

EDIT: Long story short, I was busy making a lot of deals this game.

Mephistopheles

After thinking long and hard about all of this and how this game carried out, I won't be posting any sort of analyses for this game.

Why?

Because you all blew it. I was looking over the deals that we finalized and proposed and none of you took advantage of the full potential of the deals. Last game I got some really creative deals that forced players to think on their toes. This game you all treated it as if it was just another typical TWG. This was not fun to host and even after the big switch you all still didn't even rise to your full potential.

I think this'll be the last time I will host a Mephistopheles game.