News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Surprise! Updater's Update (August 10th, 2013)

Started by Olimar12345, August 10, 2013, 01:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

If somebody want to move to the veterans thread the best way is to ask the updaters. They'd be the ones who will say "Your sheets are good, you can get in the fast lane."
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 14, 2013, 12:13:03 PMAlso, theoretically, if arrangers post in their personal threads before the submission thread, they should be able to iron out the formatting errors and simple problems before bringing them to the updaters.  In a perfect world.....

Yep, that's a great idea...however...most of the banter in the individual threads though is "I like this arrangement" or "I love this piece" or something like that. That's not bad or anything; it's actually what one would expect. But currently, most serious feedback is either done in private or on the submissions thread.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

I'm ok with Maestro's idea as long as people don't complain if they're on the lesser thread

MaestroUGC

Don't think of the two as "lesser" or "greater", instead think of the Veterans' Thread as something to strive for.

JDMEK5

I've thought about problems with that new system you've proposed Maestro.. And I can't seem to think of any.

I'm on board with this idea.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Waddle Bro

vote 4 maestro 4 emperor dictator of the world 2013

gogogo

Winter

Me and Maestro talked about it for a while before he posted this. and guys, honestly, with a little cooperation, this would work very well. I'd be running the thread single-handedly, allowing for no communication jumbles (one-on-one) and no waiting on a third party. You all saw me do it in the past and I can do it again. If you want this to happen, please do let us know, I'd love to see it happen as well, because I thoroughly enjoy updating, you know!

Each updater would have their 'way' and could work how they need to work. That's surprisingly important.

MaestroUGC

Of course it's perfect!

I mean, thanks. I do what I can.

Jub3r7

I think I like it. What does Olimar think of the idea?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

Jamaha

I guess I should give some kind of Jamaha Seal of Approvalâ„¢.

Considering the scarcity of updates lately, it's probably a good idea to try new updating methods. And if this doesn't work out, it's not like everything's ruined.

I assume the updating team can discuss this between themselves to figure things out. Of course I'll help with things if necessary but other than that, feel free to give this a shot.

EDIT: Damn you, ruining my shocking revelation.

JDMEK5

*Jamaha stamps Jamaha Seal of Approvalâ„¢*
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

I am totally for this idea(I swear I've suggested this before, or at least something similar). I'd be more than happy to create a sort of "intro to arranging" section for beginners.

I do not, however, think that we should abandon the dual approval method for the faster submission section. If it does comes to that, all sheets should at least be compared to their original sound file before being hastily uploaded.

Winter: i truly do not mean to offend you by this, but I am not quite convinced that you are up to par on your music theory. I'd prefer we discuss this in private though, so I'll contact you later.

Edit: Ninjad by jamaha.
EditEdit: NINJAD AGAIN xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 14, 2013, 02:23:20 PMI do not, however, think that we should abandon the dual approval method for the faster submission section. If it does comes to that, all sheets should at least be compared to their original sound file before being hastily uploaded.
Well we can still upload it and if someone has a problem with it they can bring it up in a topic or something, couldn't they?

Better to do something rather than nothing, which is all we've been doing lately. -_-

Jamaha

Well, we've had problems in the past with people getting all mad for the uploaded sheets having errors and problems.

The whole "horrible sheets getting on the site omg" fiasco was the reason for the two updaters solution in the first place. But then we have the problem with slow updating. So we obviously need to find some kind of solution between those two extremes.