News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles

Started by Mephistopheles, August 06, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

I imagine there'd be some cost involved to switching around the roles, and eliminating the specials would be a potential cost to that deal.

If you are lying, you can't just make up who the other specials are.  They'd have to be one of two sets of people:

1.  Partners in crime (and I doubt you'd make one of them complicit in your lie given the potential for deals to reveal you)
2.  Dead people

Anyone else would tell us that you were lying about being a special and we'd lynch you.  The odds are very small that the other two specials were not guarded and happened to be night-killed.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 17, 2013, 04:41:23 PMI imagine there'd be some cost involved to switching around the roles, and eliminating the specials would be a potential cost to that deal.
The switching of the roles WAS the cost of ANOTHER deal, I assume. No human would make a deal to switch the roles when the wolves could be caught (using the "saying human or wolf thing"), and if the wolves were the ones to make the deal, I doubt that cost would be to hurt the humans, since the deal itself would already be hurting the humans.

QuoteIf you are lying, you can't just make up who the other specials are. They'd have to be one of two sets of people:

1.  Partners in crime (and I doubt you'd make one of them complicit in your lie given the potential for deals to reveal you)
2.  Dead people

Anyone else would tell us that you were lying about being a special and we'd lynch you.
As I said before, unless both of the other specials were dead, it would make no sense to just say something like this out of the blue.

QuoteThe odds are very small that the other two specials were not guarded and happened to be night-killed.
Fank was Raphael and Yugi was Gabriel. I didn't expect Fank to die, so I had him guard me, in hopes the wolves would wolf me, because of this.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 17, 2013, 12:51:48 PMUh.  Hm.  And I have no clue who to vote for.
Verm. >:(
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

QuoteAs I said before, unless both of the other specials were dead, it would make no sense to just say something like this out of the blue.
To elaborate on this:
Additionally, if one of the specials were still alive, it would make no sense to state their name, or even make a post like I did at all, since all it would do is give another target for a wolfing/Mammon attack.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

I'm working off the assumption that K-Night and TZP and maybe a third person if it wasn't Bubbles tried to switch roles because they realized that if they didn't they were going to lose.  Losing specials would have hurt their new team, but it would have been better than the alternative.

Are there any PM's that were sent to you by the other specials?  Seeing those would help.  Otherwise I think it's likely that you're lying and Liggy and/or Dude is your partner/s.  Picking me out of that group of three seems pretty random.  After Liggy's vote, logic would dictate that you vote for Dude.  But that hasn't happened!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 17, 2013, 05:29:00 PMI'm working off the assumption that K-Night and TZP and maybe a third person if it wasn't Bubbles tried to switch roles because they realized that if they didn't they were going to lose.  Losing specials would have hurt their new team, but it would have been better than the alternative.
But it would pretty much guarantee a loss for the humans, with no confirmed humans (or any powers, for that matter), and the potential for wolves to claim special (as you say I'm doing now).

QuoteAre there any PM's that were sent to you by the other specials?  Seeing those would help.  Otherwise I think it's likely that you're lying and Liggy and/or Dude is your partner/s.  Picking me out of that group of three seems pretty random.  After Liggy's vote, logic would dictate that you vote for Dude.  But that hasn't happened!

Quote from: Yugi on August 11, 2013, 08:12:52 PMwhoh what happened im so confused
Quote from: Yugi on August 11, 2013, 10:05:28 PMyou see fank, when a man and a women love each other very much (note: this is a joke related to a previous PM, where Fank said "Hi guys, we should talk")

But in all seriousness, I should claim michael again because I'm still a special. Nobody knows you're a special BDS.
Quote from: fank009 on August 12, 2013, 02:20:57 AMDamn this game is getting interesting. everything turned upside down in the blink of an eye.
And the thing is, I dont think people still get the gravity of what just happened. Its prolly best for me to not leap to conclusions, But im somewhat confident that no one knows whats really happening... It feels like Night one again (-2 players). Of course this guy (note: I don't know whether he was referring to me, Yugi, or himself :P) thinks micheal claiming is a good idea. better for an alliance to lead, I say

(note: this is the only other PM Fank sent, aside from the one Yugi responded to above.
Quote from: Yugi on August 11, 2013, 10:43:28 PMI didn't (note: this is in response to a separate PM chain, where I asked Yugi if he had cancelled any deals when he was Micheal)

And also, logic would dictate, based on the vote, that the wolf pairing are either of the two:
1: Dude and Liggy
2: Dude and Vermilionvermin

Off course, it's also possible that Liggy is just trying to save himself...

LOGIC.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Dude

wait

BDS, how do you know if there are 2 wolves?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dude on August 17, 2013, 06:45:35 PMwait

BDS, how do you know if there are 2 wolves?
I don't know that there are two wolves, but I think it's rather likely, given that Bubbles was presumably the only wolf lynched before the role reassignment, and K-NiGhT might not have been a wolf after.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

How do you know that Meph didn't reassign Bubbles' role?

Still no PM's from the other specials?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 17, 2013, 07:37:18 PMHow do you know that Meph didn't reassign Bubbles' role?
So you're implying that you, Dude, AND Liggy are wolves...?

Mainly because Bubbles died before the role reassignment. I mean, it's possible, but not likely.

QuoteStill no PM's from the other specials?
DID YOU NOT SEE THE FOUR QUOTES I POSTED (three from Yugi, one from Fank).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Actually, BDS

I don't like how he's pulling all the strings.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dude on August 17, 2013, 08:31:36 PMActually, BDS

I don't like how he's pulling all the strings.
Teh logics. Teh logics all the way around. You're voting for me literally because I'm in charge... because I'm a special... you two have pretty much confirmed to me that you're wolves, or just crazy and illogical humans.

HURRY UP TZP. You're my only hope (well, Dude could help me, if he were making any sense... :S).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 17, 2013, 09:02:13 PMHURRY UP TZP. You're my only hope (well, Dude could help me, if he were making any sense... :S).
And I just realized that Davy hasn't voted yet... (._.)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

actually, i just don't care anymore

plus you using "teh" pisses me off

davy

I just came here to vote and then I'm going to sleep. Don't expect me to answer any of your responses to this post.

BDS, I trust you, but I don't like the way you are pulling the strings. There is no evidence that proves that it is more likely for verm to be a wolf than for the other two. Verm also has an advantage of possibly having been a special, so if anyone is still going to make the anti-reassignment deal, we would have at least one special.

Liggy also has such an advantage. I think he likely made the revealing deal with Mephistopheles, which means he was a human before the reassignment.

Therefore, I would vote Dude, but I've noticed that Dude is playing very Dudish like now, which is coll, so I want to keep him alive. On a more serious note, I've never played a game with Dude in which he was a wolf and was active. If he decided to change his playstyle, then props to him, but atm Dude is the least suspicious player for me (yes, even less suspicious than you, BDS, because that deal could still have been manipulated).

This leaves me with Liggy and Verm once again. So I'm just going to vote liggy, just because I don't feel like bandwagoning the verm vote.

Liggy

I still prefer hitting players that were likely wolves at the start of the game, and Liggy is one of them. Also, Liggy has
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game