TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles

Started by Mephistopheles, August 06, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 08, 2013, 06:26:57 PMSorry I've been absent so far.  If you are a special and Yugi is not a special, please get a totem to tell us he's lying.
Wouldn't the wolves be able to do the same...?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

If a wolf pretended to have gotten info from a special I'm sure the specials would step in somehow

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, since the specials know each other I don't think there's going to be much problem with counterclaims, since for a wolf to effectively pull it off, he'd have to get his two partners to back him up.  That's a huge risk to take, especially this early in the game.

Also
Quote from: fank009 on August 08, 2013, 06:43:34 PMWhat is it with you and good ideas of late TZP?

Epic backhanded compliment is epic

K-NiGhT

I think right now I'm gonna set a safety on bds. Largely for the fact that tomorrow is gonna be a super busy day and I may not be on tomorrow. If I can get back on sometime tomorrow, I will certainly change my vote should some other circumstance arise.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 08, 2013, 08:55:18 PMLargely for the fact that tomorrow is gonna be a super busy day and I may not be on tomorrow. If I can get back on sometime tomorrow, I will certainly change my vote should some other circumstance arise.
Which is why we should start to discuss the lynching (although not necessarily carrying through with a lynch) as soon as possible: it gives us more time to think things through instead of waiting until the last day or two and possibly rushing the lynch.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 08, 2013, 08:11:11 PMWouldn't the wolves be able to do the same...?
Thank you Captain Obvious, Doing your job as usual...

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 08, 2013, 08:44:42 PMEpic backhanded compliment is epic
I see your taking the bias that EVERYTHING i say is in this "Offending" "demeaning" (tries to think of something else...) manner, 1st off, Dont take it out of context. If you read the whole thing, You would see it more of an observation.

I need to ask... Your not still bitter over that "confrontation" in choice is doors right??? (not to mention other things i've done in the past...)

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 08, 2013, 09:16:35 PMWhich is why we should start to discuss the lynching (although not necessarily carrying through with a lynch) as soon as possible: it gives us more time to think things through instead of waiting until the last day or two and possibly rushing the lynch.
Stupid Q, Why has no one really "brought it up".

At the moment, My possible lynch suspects are : (thoughts)

Liggy, (reasons allready explained)
Verm, that uncharterisitc 1st comment, +fears of what being able to do and not to do...
TZP, Mainly the hostility towards me, definetly one a personal vote... something else in there, but im going to need a better analysis/thoughts in the next few days.

atm liggy would be a Mind lynch, The other two would be fear/heart lynches (more fear...)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

TheZeldaPianist275

Nah, I'm not bitter. And yes, I know it was an observation, and one that I deliberately took wrongly for giggles.  Forgive TZP.

As for Liggy, I honestly don't know what to make of him right now.  He would be a good seer target, I think.

And Verm?  I really don't see how that comment was out of place, care to elaborate?

fank009

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 08, 2013, 10:10:58 PMNah, I'm not bitter. And yes, I know it was an observation, and one that I deliberately took wrongly for giggles.  Forgive TZP.

As for Liggy, I honestly don't know what to make of him right now.  He would be a good seer target, I think.

And Verm?  I really don't see how that comment was out of place, care to elaborate?
-The humour I got (though i felt like I needed to point it out :/)
-liggy i feel is a waste of a seer, (in case he scans green). a shame there arent other investigative roles for the humans to have :/

-i thought verm would be more than careful, seeing how the deals can bite us in the back, and how people have stated the obvious :/

vermilionvermin

From experience in the first Meph game, deals are usually more helpful than not.  I know I was a wolf that game, but Meph was pretty favorable to me and the majority of deals I suggested he replied with very agreeable terms.  A deal worth so little as a totem probably won't take much from our side.

davy

I don't really think Liggy's post makes him suspicious. He has fake-claimed a human role many times in the past, and most of the time, that was because he wanted to waste the sniper its kill on him. I do not think it makes him human, but I leave him neutral for now.

About the TBWCW wolfing, there was a discussion in the signups topic between Waddle, FSM, Dude and TBWCW. That might mean that Dude is a wolf and wolf'd TBWCW due to that (it wouldn't by far be the best reason to wolf someone, but it is possible). It might also mean that someone was trying to frame Dude, but since we are already over half of the phase and I have been the first one to point it out, I don't think that is very likely,

I really have no idea who to lynch this phase.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on August 09, 2013, 12:59:39 AMIt might also mean that someone was trying to frame Dude, but since we are already over half of the phase and I have been the first one to point it out, I don't think that is very likely,
Ah ha! You're trying to frame Dude!

QuoteI really have no idea who to lynch this phase.
We must keep in mind that it IS Day 1... so unless something really significant comes up (it seems like I say this phase every game :P), many of the proposed lynches probably won't have as strong evidence as those later in the game.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

Quote from: vermilionvermin on August 08, 2013, 11:48:25 PMFrom experience in the first Meph game, deals are usually more helpful than not.  I know I was a wolf that game, but Meph was pretty favorable to me and the majority of deals I suggested he replied with very agreeable terms.  A deal worth so little as a totem probably won't take much from our side.

Verm, I have two things wrong with this.

one, You are exaggerating the "cheapness" of deals... Yes, you made some good deals, but You also have Naturals power's being taken away due to others "greediness".

Two, that comment (I feel like) was talking completley in deep left field... with no relevance to the current situation, (and im sure, that you were trying to tie it in...).
As BDS said in reply to your 1st comment
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 08, 2013, 08:11:11 PMWouldn't the wolves be able to do the same...?

I CANNOT BELIEVE, you are missing this point... Wake up allready verm before I start thinking things that I shouldnt.

If you need to, Relax, take a breath, read the thread again, and jump back into it.

TheZeldaPianist275

Okay, since nobody's done anything with my idea, I guess I'll be the first to suggest:

Guard: Yugi.  He's pretty much a confirmed angel, and he's the only one everybody knows.  He's an easy target for a wolfing.

Seer: Davy.  Something about the way he just popped up bothers me, and while it's not necessarily wolfy,it's more suspicious than anything I've seen thus far.  He said he doubts that someone was trying to frame Dude, but then in the same post attacks Dude himself.  It would be so easy for a wolf to wait half a phase like that to make it seem innocent and then try to take an easy lynch.

Deal-cancel: Verm.  I don't think very much of Fank's suspicion is justified, but he's right in one thing: deals can very easily turn nasty, and Verm is just continuing to deny that.  Everybody else, do as Verm said and continue to make deals that would help the human team.  But Verm?  No, I don't entirely trust the deals he would make.

vermilionvermin

Fank, I don't know why you think the position I took was suspicious.  Basically I said that the specials should make a deal if Yugi's a wolf.  In that post I did not advocate for humans to make deals.  I would gladly trade a deal cancel for knowing that Yugi is not a confirmed human.

And, while I didn't say it before, I'll say it now:  Humans should consider deal-making.  It costs us nothing to inquire about what potential deal we could make, and if there's anything obviously beneficial we should take it.

Mephistopheles

I'm going to clear up some language that's been thrown around throughout the game:

Negation: Negates the effect of a targeted deal. Said deal can still proceed, occur, etc if it is designed to do so.

Nullification: Ends the ability to use a power. This deals with powers only, not deals.

Cancellation: Cancels a targeted deal. Does not return the game to a prior state and any payments that have already been made will remain, if such is the case.