TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles

Started by Mephistopheles, August 06, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Whoh I missed nothing.

What if we had a lesser angel (like deal canceler angel) claim, we could easily start an alliance, and giving the minority of the role, Mammon would have no incentive to kill him and reveal his role.

K-NiGhT

Oh i guess i got confused with names. Yeah Michael could claim, I suppose. There's not really a big need for the wolves to wolf him, seeing as his power is random (unless i'm mistaken again? I should read more)
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

TheZeldaPianist275

Game on.

First thoughts:

Quote from: fank009 on August 07, 2013, 07:23:20 AMLets let the wolves run wild with deals everywhere... Good idea.
Quote from: fank009 on August 07, 2013, 01:24:19 PM/facepalm...
Please, please, PLEASE stop acting like everyone here is stupid and you know everything.  It's really getting on my nerves.  No offense intended at all, but we frequently CANNOT understand your posts because they're so garbled.  You have to understand that, give us grace, and STOP acting like a smart aleck.

Also, I think we should think twice before letting any of the angels claim.  They all know each other; they can start their own alliance, which may need to be expanded in the future; but I don't think they should claim yet.

@Boy
I think you'd be surprised at some of the nasty deals people will make.  In some cases, it might be even more helpful to cancel human deals as well as wolf ones.  Some of the human ones are generally pretty harmful.

Also no deals night 1, drat.  :(

Liggy

I am a special.  Not saying which one, however.

Liggy

And by special, I mean Seer/Guardian/Archangel.  One of those.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on August 07, 2013, 03:16:34 PMWhoh I missed nothing.

What if we had a lesser angel (like deal canceler angel) claim, we could easily start an alliance, and giving the minority of the role, Mammon would have no incentive to kill him and reveal his role.
But if the alliance-starter is guarded, the seer can't be guarded, and vice-versa.

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 07, 2013, 03:17:57 PMOh i guess i got confused with names. Yeah Micheal could claim, I suppose.
Unless you want me to be the one to claim... :P I hope you all get the joke...

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 07, 2013, 03:23:04 PMAlso, I think we should think twice before letting any of the angels claim.  They all know each other; they can start their own alliance, which may need to be expanded in the future; but I don't think they should claim yet.
Which is what I was thinking of when I suggested that they not claim.

Quote from: Liggy on August 07, 2013, 03:26:46 PMI am a special.  Not saying which one, however.
:-\
Sooo, you're going to claim.

??? Claiming in this game is rather pointless, because:
1. All the specials know each other.
2. Deals can change color, or make information unreliable, etc.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Why did you claim Liggy?

BDS high 5, we are both called Michael! I think...

Liggy

My plan was to get the wolf to waste his kill on me, and organize an alliance, because I completely forgot the specials knew each other.

Whoops.

Liggy

fank009

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 07, 2013, 03:23:04 PMGame on.

First thoughts:
Please, please, PLEASE stop acting like everyone here is stupid and you know everything.  It's really getting on my nerves.  No offense intended at all, but we frequently CANNOT understand your posts because they're so garbled.  You have to understand that, give us grace, and STOP acting like a smart aleck.

Also, I think we should think twice before letting any of the angels claim.  They all know each other; they can start their own alliance, which may need to be expanded in the future; but I don't think they should claim yet.

@Boy
I think you'd be surprised at some of the nasty deals people will make.  In some cases, it might be even more helpful to cancel human deals as well as wolf ones.  Some of the human ones are generally pretty harmful.

Also no deals night 1, drat.  :(
Yes, I know that the logic of my posts can be seen to be confusing. No, I do not know everything, I am human. If it pleases you, Ill try not to be "boastful", No guarantees though, Especially if I am "on a roll", (but I dont tend to be boastful "on a roll" )
One thing I will prolly hold on to, and thats the crazy playing style that i have.

About the angels, This is one of those things that would be give/take
If they didnt claim;the main problem being is the "gambit" would be forced onto the angels more than the wolves.
lets not forget that the angels are a "team", And if cardflips arent in play, some people (not naming names...) could agree with the wolves and see the angels as the wolves.
There is also the downside of the deal's, but i'll come back to that later...

There are short term advantages,
knowing a current power is good. If nothing changes (and a big IF), It will narrow down the list of possible partners.

Deals... Naturally (in the game), there is no reason for a human to make a deal. But we are all human, and there is that desire of power, control (and similar). With anything changing at the blink of an eye. There is only one certainty, and thats what one self knows. We will always manipulate things in such a way... and as a sense, Who do we lynch 1st? do we lynch those that are scumtelling? or do we lynch those that might manipulate the situation to their advantage???
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bubbles

Quote from: fank009 on August 07, 2013, 07:15:02 PMDeals... Naturally (in the game), there is no reason for a human to make a deal. But we are all human, and there is that desire of power, control (and similar). With anything changing at the blink of an eye. There is only one certainty, and thats what one self knows. We will always manipulate things in such a way... and as a sense, Who do we lynch 1st? do we lynch those that are scumtelling? or do we lynch those that might manipulate the situation to their advantage???
i didnt understand the first half of your post so ill just comment on this

Humans have no reason to make deals? No, theres PLENTY of reasons for deals. I honestly dont see why you would think that. If wolves would use deals to help them win, then why wouldnt humans would do the same? Its not just for the "desire of power", but a way to go against the other team

Yugi

Mr Meph, could you please state the phase end in Australian Eastern Standard time?

Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles

11 Players:
Beelzebub - Master Wolf - Can Spy on one player's deal each phase, chosen at random. He will be given the Deal ID and the written agreement.
Mammon - Wolf - Debt collector. Can kill any player in the game at any time. Useable only once. His identity will be revealed when he does so.
Belphegor - Wolf
Gabriel - Seer (blue)
Raphael - Guardian (silver)
Micheal - Archangel (gold) - Can cancel one player's deal each phase, chosen at random. Doesn't restore the game to any prior state, just cancels the contract and it's prior/associated deal chain, if one exists.
5 Humans (green)

Wolves know each other, Angels know each other.

You thought it was over, didn't you?

I'm here to make another deal with you, but this time the powers that be forced me to change the rules a bit. This time he's sending his own Angels to aid your pathetic existence. However, I am sending my own minions to make sure it is a fair game.

Each player can make a deal with the devil for any reason at any time. You can make a deal for whatever you wish, and I will tell you what it will cost you. I can deny any deal I wish, but I will be kind and tell you why, if it doesn't violate the natural laws of the universe or another contract.
Be creative in your deals, you can get anything your heart desires. There are a few ground rules, however; a few deals that the powers that be will not permit me to make:

- You cannot kill anybody; no insta-lynchings or additional wolfings.
 - You cannot violate the laws of time and space, no phase extensions or reductions.
 - You cannot resurrect anybody; I'm not in the saving business, death is permanent.

I have a few ground rules of my own that you should understand before making a deal. I may not be holy, but I never said I wasn't fair:

- All deals revolve around fair trade; something must give for you to get.
 - I get to decide what is given up for you to get what you want, and you will be told the cost, but not who will pay it or how.
 - Once the deal is struck, it is final; you cannot back out of it for any reason.
 - You cannot ask for information regarding deals with other players.
 - You cannot make a deal to effect, affect, alter, or otherwise cancel another players' natural power. These are the abilities they start out with.

Making a Deal:
If you want to make a deal, all you have to do is call me via PM:

"I, [insert name], wish for [the deal you wish to strike] to be executed in the following manner:
List the details."

I will reply:
"I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant [name] the [deal you wish to make] in the following manner:
Details,
 At the cost of [to be determined]."

All you have to do then is reply with the phrase "I agree to this contract" and give your signature, or state that the deal is off. Once the deal is struck it will be given an identification number, randomly generated, and all parties will refer to it as such from that point on.

I advise you to be as clear and detailed as possible, otherwise you will give me the right to execute the deal in any manner I see fitting. You cannot strike the same deal twice, if you back out from an earlier deal you cannot ask me about it later.

Once more to be perfectly clear:
You cannot discuss any aspect of these deals with anybody. You cannot tell anybody that you've struck a deal, the nature of a deal, or question other players about deals they might've had.

All deals with me are confidential; you will not be allowed to discuss your deal or its terms to any other player. Doing so is a breach in contract and I have every right to collect your debt. "What is your debt?" you may ask. In order to play this game, you will agree to sign over your soul to me until this game is completed. You have no obligation to sign this contract, and there will be no penalty against you if don't. All you have to do is sign on the dotted line.

Shall we have this dance again,
Mephistopheles

Players:
1. Bubbles7689
2. TheZeldaPianist275
3. Dude
4. Yugi
5. K-NiGhT
6. BlackDragonSlayer
7. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
8. Liggy
9. davy
10. vermilionvermin
11. fank009

The Boy Who Cried Wolf has been the unfortunate victim of Freak Soul Loss (FSL), or as I like to call it: F****** Sucks, Loser.
It is now Day 1, Day 1 ends Aug 10th, 1:00 AM CST

My Offices are now OPEN.
Please restrict your deals to one PM per deal. Do not group several deals together in one PM, I will ignore these. This is purely for organizational purposes.

I would also like to take this moment to make clear:
Please activate any and all powers (whether natural or aquired) through their own unique PMs. You can later repost on those PMs for further ease of use.