TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles

Started by Mephistopheles, August 06, 2013, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on August 13, 2013, 10:12:52 PMSo the reason you're voting for me is that you think I'm a special?
He thinks your not a special, but fails to realize that you might be a normal human.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Safety on davy as I'll be away when the phase ends.

K-NiGhT

I meant to be considered as a wolf. Didn't finish my sentence there, sorry.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Dude

I'm kinda suspicious of Liggly and Davy for being so utr...

...Although I could be considered utr but THAT DOESN'T MATTER.

Dude

davy

I'm not really into this game, and I honestly don't know why.

Anyway, I guess I will have to do the test now:

"A human is not a wolf".

Regarding suspicion: the following players haven't posted since the role reassignment:

TZP
Verm

Then there's a group of players that have posted a little since the role reassignment:

Dude
Liggy
Davy

And finaly, there is a group of players that have posted a lot since the role reassignment:

Yugi
K-NiGhT
BDS

I am most interested in the final group, actually. It seems logical to me that if a player had a special role and became a normal human, that player would stop paying attention to the game, and would not post much. It also seems logical to me that a player who was a normal human and was still a normal human after role reassignment, that player would keep posting roughly as much as before the role reassignment. The only group that would post a lot after the reassignment are the players that have become a special, players that have become a wolf, or players with additional information.

Most likely, BDS has become a special, and Yugi was our previous alliance leader, which means he has additional information. K-NiGhT however, is probably not a special, because he voted for BDS. If BDS was lying, it would have been better for K-NiGhT to claim or to let Mephistopheles reveal-thingy reveal his own role. Yes, of course there is a chance that they are two different specials, and K-NiGhT just doesn't trust BDS enough, but I doubt it, because I think all the specials have recieved the names of the other specials, just like at the beginning of the game.

Further things that make me believe that K-NiGhT is a wolf is this:

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 10, 2013, 10:30:03 PMk-night

i don't even care anymore. why do i keep coming back here

This is his last post before Mephistopheles makes the role reassignment. At that moment Bubbles is dead, and K-NiGhT and Liggy are suspected. If those three (or at least two of them) were wolves, it would be very benificial to make a deal like that. I think K-NiGhT was the one who created the deal. There are other things pointing towards K-NiGhT being a wolf before the role reasignment, but that's not very important now.

If K-NiGhT really was a wolf before the role reassignment, what did he become afterwards? Probably not a special (see above). A normal human? He said he didn't care about the game anymore, why would he post so much after the role reasignment? If he would continue to be a wolf, he does have a reason for keeping posting: not becoming inactive and being lynched for inactivity. At NSM, players are often lynched for inactivity, so if the wolf team already lost one member, it would be devastating for the team to lose another member.

K-NiGhT

Also, Mephistopheles, you are going to tell us when we can create deals again, right?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Mephistopheles

K-NiGhT

I was Beelzebub before the role reassignment, davy. I'll admit that. The vote on myself was a terrible last ditch attempt to clear myself, in hopes that people would figure out that no wolf on the verge of defeat would give up so easily.

When Bubbles was lynched, I knew I was in a tight spot. I figured that whatever happened, happened. Then the role reassignment came and now I'm just a normal human, which is boring.

Also, I can truthfully say that I have not made or accepted a single deal this whole game.

Yugi

Quote from: K-NiGhT on August 14, 2013, 03:41:12 PMI was Beelzebub before the role reassignment, davy. I'll admit that. The vote on myself was a terrible last ditch attempt to clear myself, in hopes that people would figure out that no wolf on the verge of defeat would give up so easily.

When Bubbles was lynched, I knew I was in a tight spot. I figured that whatever happened, happened. Then the role reassignment came and now I'm just a normal human, which is boring.

Also, I can truthfully say that I have not made or accepted a single deal this whole game.
BDS I think you know what to do.

K-NiGhT

Ahem.

Role reassignment?

I'm not beelzebub anymore, or even a wolf anymore.

Yugi

But if we lynch you, and then reverse the game, we'll only have one wolf left.

K-NiGhT

Except for the fact that Michael's power is random. The chances of you making that work are rather small. If I may say, Yugi, you seem rather eager to get rid of me now that I'm no longer a wolf.

BDS, we can still win this. If anything, I feel this makes Yugi suspicious. Why would you need to put so much effort towards getting rid of me when we could almost as easily just find the two other wolves?

BlackDragonSlayer

Right now, I'm thinking that K-NiGhT and Liggy are the wolves...

What Liggy said here seems odd to me, specifically the phrase "almost win the game and then switch sides at the end"... it seems like he's referring to himself rather than to people in general. If he was a human before, and switched sides...
K-NiGhT seems certain that, just because Yugi was a special before the switch, now he's a wolf...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Ack.  Sorry for my disappearance guys. 

K-NiGhT, you're shooting out a bunch of random suspicions that really look forced.  Even in the role reversal, couldn't you still be a wolf?

For now, I'm voting K-NiGhT.  If this seems hasty, it's because all of a sudden I have no time.  I'll go back over the thread when I can to see if anything sticks out.