News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Easy/Beginner Arrangements

Started by SunshineFamily, August 06, 2013, 09:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunshineFamily

This is a great job compiling all these video game songs! I've looked through a lot of them (mostly Zelda, Mario, and Kirby- their faves) but they seem advanced for my kids who are learning piano. I am not musical myself but my two kids want to learn piano. They are just passed the basics (Ode to Joy, La Calire de la Lune) and they are bored already. I thought it might be fun for them to learn some video game music. Their piano teacher will only use what is in her lesson books but I thought they could learn these on their own. The only trouble is I cannot find music that is simple enough for them to play. I was hoping for something easily recognizable like Mario's theme. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

SlowPokemon

I could try to make a beginning arrangement or two. Just list a few games they've played maybe? That way I might be able to pick a few recognizable pieces from those games and make simple arrangements for them.

Also Nintendo has released an easy piano book of both the Mario and Zelda series. I only have the intermediate/advanced versions of these books, and they are pretty difficult. I don't know that "easy piano" will actually be that easy. Just a thought if you wanted something official.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

Someone asked this before, but there wasn't much response so ill just quote everything
Quote from: Yugi on October 20, 2012, 03:21:55 PMAlso, go to my submissions page and get the two FF peices.
They are also pretty easy.
Quote from: Yugi on October 20, 2012, 03:41:06 AM*takes shot*
Clock Town first day.
Quote from: Bubbles7689 on October 20, 2012, 03:26:14 PMThis one is only right hand, but you did say easy songs :P
Pokemon Colosseum
Outskirt Stand
MUSMIDI

This ones fairly simple once you gets the chords down
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth
File Select:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

And this ones adorable
PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
Loading Screen
MUS MIDI

These are only my arrangements, but theres still plenty of other beginner pieces out there

There's a lot more out there but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. They're not Mario or Kirby, but it's still Pokemon

SunshineFamily

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 06, 2013, 10:12:51 AMI could try to make a beginning arrangement or two. Just list a few games they've played maybe? That way I might be able to pick a few recognizable pieces from those games and make simple arrangements for them.

That would be great if you can make some easy arrangments. They've played lots of the Nintendo Titles but some favorites: Kirby's Amazing Mirror, Epic Yarn, Mario 64, All the Super Marios for every system, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker- not sure if any of those have music that you are able to arrange for beginner piano- but anything you can do would be helpful!!

Also Nintendo has released an easy piano book of both the Mario and Zelda series. I only have the intermediate/advanced versions of these books, and they are pretty difficult. I don't know that "easy piano" will actually be that easy. Just a thought if you wanted something official.
Yes I did see those but they are not quite to that level of "easy" either. I am hoping they will be able to build up their confidence and have fun with the piano. I appreciate your help :)

Bubbles7689- Thanks for the post! I think the Pokemon will be fun to try- I will look into it. One handed and simple chords is exactly what they need :)

JDMEK5

Most of these sheets can easily be simplified by playing the melody only. Then possibly adding a little bass to the extent of what you're able. That's the easiest way.
The reasoning behind such difficult arrangements: It's better to have too many parts than too little whenever possible. It's easier to omit stuff than include.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FireArrow

If there's a certain song your eying, I'll gladly simplify it for you. The problem however is that most beginner books only use the first 5 notes of the C major scale, and I can't think of any video game song off the top of my head that would fit into those requirements (even if simplified.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Onionleaf

There will probably be a slim chance of finding a simple arrangement on the site, as most people prefer to have their arrangement sound as close to the original as possible.
I found Animal Crossing songs to be quite easy to play, but I think it's a wonderful idea to request songs for others to simplify.

You could also have your kids sit next to each other - maybe divide both the melody and accompaniment into two hands and have a simple "four hands" arrangement to play together. :) Maybe it's also best to transpose the songs to C major too, it usually takes some time until a new piano player feels confident with keys and accidentals and such.

I actually can't wait to see the results, sometimes it's more difficult to simplify a piece and make it sound interesting at the same time.

Waddle Bro

Dearly Beloved arranged by SlowPokemon is as simple as simple can get, imo. Even Bibarel is jealous of how Simple that arrangement is.
It's also one of the most beautiful songs out there.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 07, 2013, 04:39:23 AMEven Bibarel is jealous of how Simple that arrangement is.

I laughed way too hard
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Also, you might want to take a look at Ganondorf's arrangment of Friends in my Heart.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 07, 2013, 04:39:23 AMEven Bibarel is jealous of how Simple that arrangement is.
It seems to me that Bibarel is rather Moody, don't you think?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Mashi

If your kids are willing, you might even be able to have them learn the pieces by ear.  That way, they can learn the piece at their own difficulty level and practise their ear training and arrangement skills simultaneously.  If they work together, they'll likely even bond a bit and finish faster as well.  Only a suggestion though.  Either way, good luck with your endeavour!

SunshineFamily

Thank you for all the suggestions! I have no musical ability so some of your comments are way over my head- but they sound very interesting. I like the idea of their dividing the more complicated piece up but I am not sure how to help them with that.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 06, 2013, 10:12:51 AMI could try to make a beginning arrangement or two. Just list a few games they've played maybe? That way I might be able to pick a few recognizable pieces from those games and make simple arrangements for them.

Quote from: FireArrow on August 06, 2013, 01:24:15 PMIf there's a certain song your eying, I'll gladly simplify it for you. The problem however is that most beginner books only use the first 5 notes of the C major scale, and I can't think of any video game song off the top of my head that would fit into those requirements (even if simplified.)

SlowPokeon & FireArrow- YOu both are wonderful to request to simplify songs. I really have no idea how to do such a thing. I am just looking for a few pieces- they are big Super Mario NES fans, Zelda (Ocarina of Time is the fave) and anything Kirby. I did see the suggestions for the Pokemon songs already on the board and I will print them out. I am not sure if they can play by ear but I am hoping to find things to motivate them to stick with it. I cannot tell you how bored they are with their lessons... you all should teach piano, you clearly have a passion for music and a sense of fun. 

Onionleaf

Here's a sample of Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time) pieces for you, I hope no-one minds that I had a go at this.

Minuet of Forest
Serenade of Water
Song of Storms + simpler version

I changed the arrangements to a level that is one where I taught younger kids at one point. They were about 8-10 years old (give or take) and *cough* didn't practice much at home, so I basically went through everything with them during the lessons.
Let me know how these go, and if they're too difficult, then I can easily change things around. Pieces are supposed to be challenging, otherwise you don't learn anything new, so if they're too easy for them, let me know about that as well. ;)

PS. Not sure if they'd know what the "note = number" thing is at the top of the piece. The number represents beats per minute, so if you see 60, that means that each note of that value is played every second, 120 is two notes per second and so on. That could be a good (estimated) indication of how quickly the song should be played.