News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles Sign up

Started by Mephistopheles, August 01, 2013, 08:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistopheles

TWG LVII - The Return of Mephistopheles

16 Players:
Beelzebub - Master Wolf - Can Spy on one player's deal each phase, chosen at random. He will be given the Deal ID and the written agreement.
Mammon - Wolf - Debt collector. Can kill any player in the game at any time. Useable only once. His identity will be revealed when he does so.
Belphegor - Brutal Wolf
Leviathan - Wolf - Takes two hits to kill.
Gabriel - Seer (blue)
Raphael - Guardian (silver)
Micheal - Archangel (gold) - Can cancel one player's deal each phase, chosen at random. Doesn't restore the game to any prior state, just cancels the contract and it's prior/associated deal chain, if one exists.
9 Humans (green)

Wolves know each other, Angels know each other.

You thought it was over, didn't you?

I'm here to make another deal with you, but this time the powers that be forced me to change the rules a bit. This time he's sending his own Angels to aid your pathetic existence. However, I am sending my own minions to make sure it is a fair game.

Each player can make a deal with the devil for any reason at any time. You can make a deal for whatever you wish, and I will tell you what it will cost you. I can deny any deal I wish, but I will be kind and tell you why, if it doesn't violate the natural laws of the universe or another contract.
Be creative in your deals, you can get anything your heart desires. There are a few ground rules, however; a few deals that the powers that be will not permit me to make:

- You cannot kill anybody; no insta-lynchings or additional wolfings.
 - You cannot violate the laws of time and space, no phase extensions or reductions.
 - You cannot resurrect anybody; I'm not in the saving business, death is permanent.

I have a few ground rules of my own that you should understand before making a deal. I may not be holy, but I never said I wasn't fair:

- All deals revolve around fair trade; something must give for you to get.
 - I get to decide what is given up for you to get what you want, and you will be told the cost, but not who will pay it or how.
 - Once the deal is struck, it is final; you cannot back out of it for any reason.
 - You cannot ask for information regarding deals with other players.
 - You cannot make a deal to effect, affect, alter, or otherwise cancel another players' natural power. These are the abilities they start out with.

Making a Deal:
If you want to make a deal, all you have to do is call me via PM:

"I, [insert name], wish for [the deal you wish to strike] to be executed in the following manner:
List the details."

I will reply:
"I, Mephistopheles, agree to grant [name] the [deal you wish to make] in the following manner:
Details,
 At the cost of [to be determined]."

All you have to do then is reply with the phrase "I agree to this contract" and give your signature, or state that the deal is off. Once the deal is struck it will be given an identification number, randomly generated, and all parties will refer to it as such from that point on.

I advise you to be as clear and detailed as possible, otherwise you will give me the right to execute the deal in any manner I see fitting. You cannot strike the same deal twice, if you back out from an earlier deal you cannot ask me about it later.

Once more to be perfectly clear:
You cannot discuss any aspect of these deals with anybody. You cannot tell anybody that you've struck a deal, the nature of a deal, or question other players about deals they might've had.

All deals with me are confidential; you will not be allowed to discuss your deal or its terms to any other player. Doing so is a breach in contract and I have every right to collect your debt. "What is your debt?" you may ask. In order to play this game, you will agree to sign over your soul to me until this game is completed. You have no obligation to sign this contract, and there will be no penalty against you if don't. All you have to do is sign on the dotted line.

Shall we have this dance again,
Mephistopheles

Players:
1. Bubbles7689
2. TheZeldaPianist275
3. Dude
4. Yugi
5. K-NiGhT
6. BlackDragonSlayer
7. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
8. Liggy
9. davy
10. vermilionvermin
11. fank009

Mephistopheles

Now is the time to ask questions. Most of you know how this goes down, but I don't want a flurry of questions once the game gets going because you didn't bother reading.

Bubbles

davy

Quote from: Mephistopheles on August 01, 2013, 08:58:06 PM- You cannot kill anybody; no insta-lynchings or additional wolfings.
Last game, you allowed verm loose cannon powers, which caused the death of Blueflower. Assuming that that wasn't a mistake, what do you consider as killing anybody?

Quote from: Mephistopheles on August 01, 2013, 08:58:06 PM- You cannot ask for information regarding deals with other players.
For clarification: This goes for asking information from the host as well as from the players themselves, correct?

Quote from: Mephistopheles on August 01, 2013, 08:58:06 PMYou cannot strike the same deal twice, if you back out from an earlier deal you cannot ask me about it later.
Does 'the same deal' mean a deal with exactly the same details, or can something very similar to an earlier deal also be 'the same deal'. In the latter case, where lies the difference between 'the same deal' and 'very similar but not the same deal'?

for example: I sent you the following PM.

"I, davy, wish for revealing all the roles to me to be executed in the following manner:
Once this deal is struck I will recieve a PM from the host telling me the roles of all players in the game."

But once I see the costs, I decide to back out of it. Afterwards, can I ask you the following deal, or is that considered to be the same deal:

"I, davy, wish for revealing all the roles save mine to me to be executed in the following manner:
Once this deal is struck I will recieve a PM from the host telling me the roles of all players, except my own, in the game."

Since players are now allowed to have multiple deals at a time, can you sent in multiple requests for deals at the same time? If not, what must have happened/how many time must have passed since you requested an earlier deal to be allowed to sent in a new one?

Quote from: Mephistopheles on July 30, 2013, 09:03:58 PMThird: Speculation is fine, once details are thrown out there I break out my Un-Holy Beating StickTM. The only exception is for Beelzebub, but he can only discuss what is told to him, nothing more. I will clarify this more later.
Is it clarification time already?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Yugi

in

Note that I will be away monday tuesday and wendsday so that's why I may be inactive then.

Mephistopheles

You cannot ask for specific players to die. However, death is a rather common price.

Correct.

It always depends on the current state of the game. All things equal, the deal you presented would be the same because you are asking me for the same information in the latter as the former. However, the status quo is constantly changing. So at some point, those deals could be asking for very different things. But it's all up to me, and I love being cryptic.

One deal per PM. However, if you flood my inbox I will overlook some deals due to volume.

Clarification
Beelzebub will be sent the Deal PM as was signed by both parties. He will not be privy to any clarification made before or since by either party, nor will he be told what the deal achieved, if anything. He will also not be told whether or not the deal is still in effect, nulled, fufilled, pending, or any other state of fufillment. He doesn't even get a time stamp of signing.  Essentially he will be told "X wants Y to be carried out thusly".

Beyond this, no other player with have access to information of deals other than their own. Exceptions will be monitored by me and I will be the judge of any breaks in contract.

davy

Quote from: Mephistopheles on July 30, 2013, 09:03:58 PMThird: Speculation is fine, once details are thrown out there I break out my Un-Holy Beating StickTM.

What's the definition of 'speculation' and 'details' from the above line in relation to this game?
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Mephistopheles

You can assume if deals are made, and what they may consist of. The moment anything is confirmed or denied by any relevant parties is when there is a breach in contract.

davy

I appologize if my questions are getting on your nerves.

Quote from: Mephistopheles on August 01, 2013, 11:18:49 PMYou can assume if deals are made, and what they may consist of. The moment anything is confirmed or denied by any relevant parties is when there is a breach in contract.
That sounds good to me in theory. I do however wonder why you judged some posts in XLIII as 'not a breach in contract', and what about what FSM and I said was breach of contract.

(I can't quote from locked topics, so this will have to do. Also, I'm not judging any players that are quoted here, I just want to use their posts as examples).

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4956.msg176512#msg176512

I just realised that cardflips are not defined (neighter on the PB boards nor on the rules topic). Shouldn't that mean saying what effect cardflips had in that deal (revealing the collor of the player when they die) is a detail about the deal?

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4956.msg177169#msg177169

Waddle says here that previous seerings mean next to nothing. That seems to me as confirming that some deal affected the previous seerings. Why isn't it judged as breach of contract?

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4956.msg177561#msg177561

FSM here says that I did something to him AND that he can't say more. What I deduce from that is the fact that he can't say more means it has to do with a deal, and the fact that he says I did something to him means that I made a deal that targeted him. Why isn't this judged as breach of contract?

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4956.msg177667#msg177667

I can see why you had decided that 'guess who made this deal' is not confirming that the player who said that made the deal, but it can so easily be manipulated. It means that every player can say 'guess who made this deal' instead of 'I made this deal' to show the thread that the deal was made by that person.

Lastly, could you quote what sentences/groupes of words/word caused FSM and I to break our contract?'

EDIT: Are you skipping 57?

BlackDragonSlayer

Most certainly IN. ;D
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby