The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Tobbeh99

Ta-da! Victory! (Gym Leader). This one took some work, but in the end, I feel like this one's really good, a very elaborated arrangement. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 26, 2015, 07:45:46 AMhttp://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Game_Boy:_Entire_Pok%C3%A9mon_Sounds_Collection_CD
I use this for reference with the FR/LG OST as backup, so I suppose "Victory! (Gym Leader Battle)" would be the most consistent.
Youtube playlists often have fan-made track names which are sometimes more recognizable, but consistency, I guess.

Huzaah! Thanks! :D
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on June 26, 2015, 05:02:36 PMI use this for reference with the FR/LG OST as backup, so I suppose "Victory! (Gym Leader Battle)" would be the most consistent.
Youtube playlists often have fan-made track names which are sometimes more recognizable, but consistency, I guess.
Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 25, 2013, 05:59:13 PM-Song Title: Titles are taken from the FireRed/LeafGreen OST. The OST can be found here.
Use the iTunes version of the OST.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 26, 2015, 08:08:45 PMUse the iTunes version of the OST.
There's a couple of things that don't match up perfectly but yessir

All done.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Oh? Please tell me more. I'm not trying to be totalitarian towards this it just seemed like the logical thing.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Latios212

It lines up almost perfectly. Only discrepancies are:

- "Title Screen": FR/LG OST splits it up into "Opening Movie" and "Title Screen" while the Japanese Red/Green/Blue OST combines them into "Title Screen". It might be practical to split them up as Yellow has a different opening but same title screen theme.
- "Viridian City Theme": Japanese OST lists as Viridian, FR/L lists as Pewter. Viridian makes more sense since it's encountered first, but that just my opinion.
- "Cerulean City Theme": FR/LG lists it as Fuchsia which is weird for the same reason.
- "Road from Lavender Town - Leaving Vermilion City": FR/LG lists it as Lavender-->Fuchsia which is weird for the same reason.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on June 26, 2015, 08:28:10 PMIt lines up almost perfectly. Only discrepancies are:

- "Title Screen": FR/LG OST splits it up into "Opening Movie" and "Title Screen" while the Japanese Red/Green/Blue OST combines them into "Title Screen". It might be practical to split them up as Yellow has a different opening but same title screen theme.
- "Viridian City Theme": Japanese OST lists as Viridian, FR/L lists as Pewter. Viridian makes more sense since it's encountered first, but that just my opinion.
- "Cerulean City Theme": FR/LG lists it as Fuchsia which is weird for the same reason.
- "Road from Lavender Town - Leaving Vermilion City": FR/LG lists it as Lavender-->Fuchsia which is weird for the same reason.
-Yeah that works well.
-
-
-Yeah that makes sense but I'm sure they were aware of that when they did the OST so personally I'd just go with it.

My Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 27, 2015, 01:09:58 PMSo here are the Victory themes:
Victory! (Gym Leader Battle)
Victory! (Trainer Battle)
Victory! (Wild Pokémon)
Awesome! We're now at 100% arrangement! ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ )

But wait, there's more! We're not out of the woods yet! Some of these sheets still need a decent amount of touching up. If you're still willing to pitch in for this project, these sheets in particular need some review:

"Title Screen" - Needs to be split up into "Opening Movie" and "Title Screen" as Yellow shares the same Title Screen theme. It still has many wrong notes from dahans' old sheet and note durations need to be checked as well.
"Professor Oak's Laboratory" - Third voice completely incorrect.
"Road to Cerulean City - Leaving Mt. Moon" - should be checked against Don's version.
"Road to Fuchsia City - Leaving Lavender Town" - should be checked against Don's version.
"Silph Co." - accidental checking, among other things.
"Opening (Yellow)" - This one's a little messy...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

I'll take Professor Oak's Laboratory.

EDIT: Done.

There wasn't much in the third voice. Not that I found anyway. What I did find was an interference with the melody; most of the notes in the third voice were covered by the chords present in the melody anyway. I added a total of 4 notes. Not exactly sure if that covers "being edited," so I left the sheet in dahans' name. :P
I also deleted a few unnecessary notes in the left hand and added a 1-measure ending.
As far as formatting goes, everything looks good. I'm just unable to add measure numbers on the side.

I'll also take a look at "Road to Fuschia".

DonValentino

Quote from: Latios212 on June 26, 2015, 08:28:10 PMIt lines up almost perfectly. Only discrepancies are:

http://vgmdb.net/album/141

JDMEK5

Quote from: DonValentino on June 30, 2015, 02:22:45 AMhttp://vgmdb.net/album/141
That's a localized version that wasn't done by any of the owners of Nintendo or Pokémon. I'd much rather stick with the iTunes which was translated by them directly.

My Arrangements

Brawler4Ever

Road to Fuschia seems fine. I think that Don did an awesome job updating dahans' version.