News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 23, 2015, 09:15:34 PMHey, if you're here reading these posts, you're in and we want your input. Yeah, that's what I was thinking and now that you mention it, this kind of judgement is part of arranging, isn't it? Anyone else have further thoughts before I leave it as is?
On the subject of the project, are there any sheets that are untouched, still?
what is shitpost

Latios212

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 23, 2015, 09:18:46 PMOn the subject of the project, are there any sheets that are untouched, still?
The brown ones are touched but still need some work. Also do you have input on the playability of the beginning of Rocket Hideout?

While we're on the subject, JDMEK5, do you think it'd be a good idea to finish arranging the rest of the OST while we're here? It might take a little longer but give NSM some more bragging rights :P I know that's not the goal of the project, but we're actually pretty close. Aside from the monster that is Pokémon Mansion which I've got in progress, there are only like 5 songs unarranged, none of which are longer than around 30 seconds.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Which ones from the OST aren't arranged? I might take one of them.
Also, I was the one who said this, on rocket hideout
Spoiler
QuoteI'm not really in on this project per se, but my personal stance is this.
Leave it out. People come here for the song they remember, and that's probably not what they remember (even though it's in there, as are a bunch of other effects). Many aspects of game music aren't possible to translate, as you know (drums and whatnot), and I'd say having all the voices would definitely be one.
It still has to be music at the end of the day. The game boy and the piano have very different musical capabilities and the music should be arranged accordingly.
With that said, I'm also no master arranger. Just my 2 cents
[close]
what is shitpost

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on June 23, 2015, 09:25:57 PMThe brown ones are touched but still need some work. Also do you have input on the playability of the beginning of Rocket Hideout?

While we're on the subject, JDMEK5, do you think it'd be a good idea to finish arranging the rest of the OST while we're here? It might take a little longer but give NSM some more bragging rights :P I know that's not the goal of the project, but we're actually pretty close. Aside from the monster that is Pokémon Mansion which I've got in progress, there are only like 5 songs unarranged, none of which are longer than around 30 seconds.
Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 23, 2015, 09:36:19 PMWhich ones from the OST aren't arranged? I might take one of them.
Hey yeah absolutely I'm down with making this an arrangement project too. With ppl on board willing to hop in, how could I say otherwise? Sounds like a great idea! That being said, since you already have an idea, do you want to give us the remaining songs, Latios? I'll add them into the target post.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 23, 2015, 09:36:19 PMAlso, I was the one who said this, on rocket hideout
There were two issues, that was one of them, the other we'd like opinions on is the crazy dual 16th runs in the first 10ish measures.

Awesome, a complete OST! Here we go!

I think from the R/B OST, we're missing:
- Professor Oak (not the lab theme)
- Victory (wild Pokémon)
- Victory (trainer)
- Victory (gym leader)
- Pokémon Recovery (a 2-second track lol)
Need to dig these up from personal arrangement threads:
- All trainer encounter themes by Don
- Rival Appears by Bespinben
I have the last two, Pokéflute and Pokémon Mansion, will post them tomorrow. And while we're at it, we should probably fix the Yellow Title screen too.

Playlist for reference to see if I missed anything. I'll get everything better organized tomorrow.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'll do the recovery one, for now. I'll just complete that right now, since it's so damn short XD
EDIT: There's already another recovery theme, we could essentially copy-paste it and give the other arranger the credit for that too.
If you want a new one for it anyways, I'm still happy to do it.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Latios212 on June 23, 2015, 09:51:43 PMThere were two issues, that was one of them, the other we'd like opinions on is the crazy dual 16th runs in the first 10ish measures.

Awesome, a complete OST! Here we go!

I think from the R/B OST, we're missing:
- Professor Oak (not the lab theme)
- Victory (wild Pokémon)
- Victory (trainer)
- Victory (gym leader)
- Pokémon Recovery (a 2-second track lol)
Need to dig these up from personal arrangement threads:
- All trainer encounter themes by Don
- Rival Appears by Bespinben
I have the last two, Pokéflute and Pokémon Mansion, will post them tomorrow. And while we're at it, we should probably fix the Yellow Title screen too.

Playlist for reference to see if I missed anything. I'll get everything better organized tomorrow.

I think you missed some from pokémon yellow:
- Jesse & James
- Pikachu Beach
- Tiltle Theme
- Unused Song

here's the playlist I looked at: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB0xooEkKbSbdYTCMyC36lvs8rYIyywoF

Don't know if we also should include other small themes, since we'll do "pokemon recovery", like level up, pokedex fanfare, item catch etc. And probably have them all in one arrangement.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Getting everything in order on the dropbox folder. Will be back momentarily.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Organized everything by OST order for now, just because alphabetical gets very iffy as we fix incorrect titles, and so we can see what are the gaps that need to be arranged.

Here's a link to the folder again. Post any new ones You arrange here and I'll add them.

Tobbeh, thanks for pointing out the Yellow themes as well, I hope we'll have time to get to those. Do you want to do one? Keep in mind Title Theme and Pikachu Beach are already pretty much done, just floating around somewhere.

About Recovery, idk why but it's the only fanfare listed as its own track in the OST. We could possibly do the rest of the fanfares in the collection (there's a youtube vid for that too) but let's get the main tracks done first.

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 23, 2015, 10:04:43 PMI'll do the recovery one, for now. I'll just complete that right now, since it's so damn short XD
EDIT: There's already another recovery theme, we could essentially copy-paste it and give the other arranger the credit for that too.
If you want a new one for it anyways, I'm still happy to do it.
I think the recovery themes are slightly different for each game. Go ahead and base it off this OST.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Latios212 on June 24, 2015, 11:00:49 AMAbout Recovery, idk why but it's the only fanfare listed as its own track in the OST. We could possibly do the rest of the fanfares in the collection (there's a youtube vid for that too) but let's get the main tracks done first.
I think the recovery themes are slightly different for each game. Go ahead and base it off this OST.
Alright, will do. It'll have to take a backseat for today though, I need to finish the arrangement I promised to do (but I may well just get lazy on that one and try it as a side project, as I did with my Colosseum arrangement).
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

I can take pokémon yellow "Jesse & James", will start working on it. I could also take "Unused track" if we really  want to have it arranged, but since it's an unused song I let you decide first if I should do it.

Maybe add those songs in the first comment, so people can see that there are songs that people can arrange.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

I'd like the priority to be on these few remaining first, but by all means go ahead if you feel like it :)

To arrange:
Quote from: Latios212 on June 23, 2015, 09:51:43 PM- Professor Oak (not the lab theme)
- Victory (wild Pokémon)
- Victory (trainer)
- Victory (gym leader)
To fix:
Quote from: Latios212 on June 21, 2015, 03:51:53 PM- Opening
- Pallet Town
- Silph Co.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

If Pallet Town isn't already fixed, then I can take it. I looked at the Dropbox folder and it looks like it's been updated. If not, then I can take one of the victory themes. Maybe the Wild Pokemon one? Anything that I can do to help. :)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Latios212

Pallet Town's missing a voice, but you can take any of the victory themes too!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Ok, here it is: Jesse & James Appears, quite catchy tune.
I will continue with "Unused Track", it is unused music but since it's so easy, I'll do it anyway.

10/10 tobbeh