The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

JDMEK5

Quote from: DonValentino on June 20, 2015, 12:41:41 PMYou missed a courtesy natural in the G# of m. 12. :J
Fixed that and saved. Shall we call that accepted as well then?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Pianist Da Sootopolis

What still needs to be fixed?
(I only ask because it says 69% but most everything is completed)
what is shitpost

JDMEK5

Yeah I used a slightly debatable point system for the percentile involving hidden values for different stati. (Is that the word?..)

Basically it's rigged to hit 100% when they're all accepted cuz as Bespinben said, we should have a double check over them to make sure.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

DonValentino

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 21, 2015, 12:08:47 PMFixed that and saved. Shall we call that accepted as well then?

Yes, indeed! Hmm I was thinking, it'd be nice if you made all the current arrangements easily accessible in one single place, like the OP, or the second post. To save time and make things smoother :J

Edit: Oops, not quite, what's that quarter rest doing in m. 2? I'd also say to show all rests in the LF on m. 2 because that is a third voice that hops in.

JDMEK5

Quote from: DonValentino on June 21, 2015, 12:15:22 PMYes, indeed! Hmm I was thinking, it'd be nice if you made all the current arrangements easily accessible in one single place, like the OP, or the second post. To save time and make things smoother :J

Edit: Oops, not quite, what's that quarter rest doing in m. 2? I'd also say to show all rests in the LF on m. 2 because that is a third voice that hops in.
I like the idea of accessible sheets. Give me a bit to get that up.

Got rid of that quarter rest but I disagree with showing all. I usually leave it out if it's clear enough. But I'll show them if everyone wants. Once I get the folder up you all can see what I did exactly.

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Double post for notification purposes. Folder is up on the second post underneath the progress percentile. Since that's actually the folder I'm working out of, it's always gonna be updated.

My Arrangements

DonValentino

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 21, 2015, 01:16:38 PMGot rid of that quarter rest but I disagree with showing all. I usually leave it out if it's clear enough.

Yes in most cases that's the best option, but given the "contrapuntistic" nature of this song, all voices should be notated as if they were on their own.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 21, 2015, 01:56:39 PMDouble post for notification purposes. Folder is up on the second post underneath the progress percentile. Since that's actually the folder I'm working out of, it's always gonna be updated.

Great, that'll make things a lot easier!

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 25, 2013, 05:59:13 PMFolder (ZIP)

This is missing some things, like the fixed versions of Cinnabar Island, Game Corner, and Team Rocket Hideout. It's also missing the fixed Celadon City and some of Zunawe's and Tobbeh's sheets.

I've created a dropbox folder that accumulates everything we have so far, I believe, except these few:

Waiting for JDMEK5:
- Game Corner (fixed version)
- Cinnabar Island (fixed version)
- Team Rocked Hideout (fixed version)

Waiting for Don:
- Pokémon Center (fixed version)

Also not in folder:
- Mt. Moon (because it's submitted to site)
- Surf (because it's on site)

Also these sheets in particular need some more work:
- Opening
- Pallet Town
- Silph Co.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Perfect. Thanks a bunch Latios!

EDIT: And since I seemed to have misplaced some files, looks like I'll have some work to do from scratch. Oh well.

But I found and added the Rocket Game Corner to the folder

EDIT AGAIN: Uploaded my replacement for Cinnabar Island. It's in the folder.

ANOTHER EDIT: Made a few modifications to "Printer Error" to make it follow the others.

My Arrangements

Latios212

Good to have everything in order! ;D

Found while sifting through these sheets: Viridian Forest and Team Rocket Hideout from Gen 1 share the same melody!
Spoiler
[close]
IDK HOW I MANAGED TO MISS THIS FOR 10+ YEARS BUT MY MIND IS BLOWN
(Am I the only one noticing this for the first time? Okay)

Also a question for everyone about Team Rocket Hideout: how should we distribute the voices? JDMEK5 added a missing voice but the song becomes a lot more difficult with it. The bottom two layers repeat but may be a bit much for the left hand alone, and possibly we could toss some notes to the right hand, idk. Thoughts?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Added Rocket Hideout to the folder. The part Latios and I had trouble with regarding voices was in the first 10 measures.

Also measure 29-32 features what I have but also the same pattern as the RH in the 4 measures prior as well. If we put them together, it sounds like a MIDI dump with lots of minor seconds and crap. Is it worth it for the sake of accuracy or what do you guys think we should do?

My Arrangements

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 21, 2015, 08:37:13 PMAlso measure 29-32 features what I have but also the same pattern as the RH in the 4 measures prior as well. If we put them together, it sounds like a MIDI dump with lots of minor seconds and crap. Is it worth it for the sake of accuracy or what do you guys think we should do?
I'm not really in on this project per se, but my personal stance is this.
Leave it out. People come here for the song they remember, and that's probably not what they remember (even though it's in there, as are a bunch of other effects). Many aspects of game music aren't possible to translate, as you know (drums and whatnot), and I'd say having all the voices would definitely be one.
It still has to be music at the end of the day. The game boy and the piano have very different musical capabilities and the music should be arranged accordingly.
With that said, I'm also no master arranger. Just my 2 cents
what is shitpost

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 21, 2015, 09:57:29 PMI'm not really in on this project per se, but my personal stance is this.
Leave it out. People come here for the song they remember, and that's probably not what they remember (even though it's in there, as are a bunch of other effects). Many aspects of game music aren't possible to translate, as you know (drums and whatnot), and I'd say having all the voices would definitely be one.
It still has to be music at the end of the day. The game boy and the piano have very different musical capabilities and the music should be arranged accordingly.
With that said, I'm also no master arranger. Just my 2 cents
Hey, if you're here reading these posts, you're in and we want your input. Yeah, that's what I was thinking and now that you mention it, this kind of judgement is part of arranging, isn't it? Anyone else have further thoughts before I leave it as is?

My Arrangements