The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

"Intro 1" and "Intro 2" are not separate pieces. They should be together, under the name "Opening" or "~Opening~"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

^I mentioned that in the "Specs" for both. I also have that noted in my special chart for the updater once this is all done. ;)

In case you haven't noticed, the songs listed on the OP are under the names they have on site. Therefore, I had to have Intro 1 and Intro 2 separate.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FierceDeity

I have the replacement for Pokémon Gym :D
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MIDI]
The issue in the previous version was mostly register, so I just went ahead and did an old fashioned transcription. Let me know if this is good.

spitllama

Haven't listened to it but you'll want to put quotation marks around the title of the piece and shrink the size of the subtitle (game's name) to 12.

One thing that sticks out is that you'll want to make the 3rd beat evident, since it's in 4/4.

Ex/ measure 2 in the RH should be a half note tied to an eighth note, instead of a dotted half note. On measure 6, it should be an eighth note tied to a half note. What you did on 11, on the other hand, is totally correct.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FierceDeity

Hm, really? I'd always been taught that a tied note within a measure is only required when the next attacked note (EDIT: or the first note being tied) isn't on the beat, like in measure 11. I see dotted half notes in 4/4 all the time. In fact, that's how Jamey Aebersold and Robert King (I just picked two 4/4 pieces I had nearby) do it. Hell, even Holst puts quarter notes on the "and" of a beat. Maybe what you're talking about is just a piano thing, but then again, even the beginner's piano instruction booklet that came with my new keyboard has dotted half notes in 4/4.
Also, if I were to tie it over the center of the bar, wouldn't I only tie it to an eighth note if I wanted to release it right on beat 3? There's no notable space between the notes in the original song, so I didn't really see a need to do that.
Sorry if I seem overly defensive about this, haha, I'm just a little hesitant to change the way that I've been writing for years. I will go ahead and change the issues with the title that you pointed out, though :P

FierceDeity

Anyways, here's the replacement for Route 24 lol nevermind I saw it marked as "needs fixed" on the list and didn't notice that onion already did it >.< but onion did a good job on it so all is well :)

JDMEK5

Sorry for my unspoken leave of absence, everyone. I am unfortunately pressed for time right now so I'll get back to you all on everything I missed soon. (Hopefully tomorrow)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Quote from: Nayru64 on August 01, 2013, 11:28:35 PMI have the replacement for Pokémon Gym :D
[PDF]
[MUS]
[MIDI]
The issue in the previous version was mostly register, so I just went ahead and did an old fashioned transcription. Let me know if this is good.
It's better but I added the third voice and moved it down an octave. Now it's even better

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Finished a few more. Just to remind everyone; just because this project is quiet doesn't mean it's dead!

My Arrangements

Zunawe

I've been doing this recently with some Zelda stuff. If this gets updated faster, I might as well.

"~Opening~" (Replaces "Intro 1" and "Intro 2")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Intro 1: Fixed a couple more things here too that weren't accurate. Extra measures/wrong notes. Also added articulations. I'm not changing the Db's because it's pretty horrible to read that.

"Battle (VS Gym Leader)" (Replaces "Gym Leader Battle")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

"Oak's Laboratory" (Replaces "Oak's Lab")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
I ended up completely redoing the left hand. So there's that.

"S.S. Anne" (Replaces "S.S. Anne")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

(Fixed by Bespinben, his links are later in the thread)

"Silph Co." (Replaces "Silph Co.")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Somebody should probably check the accidentals here. They're all over the place.

"Theme of Pallet Town" (Replaces "Pallet Town")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

"Victory Road" (Replaces "Indigo Plateau")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
This one took a little more fixing than what's listed. I'm inclined to double the speed and note lengths mostly because the tempo I was getting was a pretty even 72.5 bpm from the OST, which happens to double nicely to 145 bpm. There was an extraneous measure. The repeat is correct. Articulations were kinda contradictory, and this probably achieves a more accurate sound anyway. I felt like the split articulations in 13-16 were necessary. Notes in what are now measures 4 and 6 and similar were incorrect. The rest sounds fine to me, but might not be completely right.

"Viridian Forest" (Replaces "Viridian Forest")
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Echo

^ It's officially "Caves of Mt. Moon" in the English FireRed/LeafGreen OST. The Japanese title for the song in the RBY OST is the same as the track in the FR/LG one, so I'd consider that the most official title for it.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

Crap. I don't know why but till now the thread hasn't said anything new happened here. Got some catching up to do..

My Arrangements

braix

I have 7 more days of hell school. After that I can start being productive.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements