The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

I just want to let everyone know that once we finish this one, I'd like to re-open the poll for a while for us to re-vote on the next "Fixing the Sheets" project, just in case our opinions have changed since then. I personally have no issue with DPP, but it has been a while since the last poll was up. If everyone still wants to do Pokemon DPP, then we just need to nominate it and vote for it again, simple as that. d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

My vote will stay with DP most likely cuz of my invaluable MIDI capabilities with it but sure, a re-vote only sounds fair.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JDMEK5

Double post cuz important question is important: I noticed the game name changed from "Pokémon Red/Blue Version" to "Pokémon Red Version & Pokémon Blue Version". What's the reason for the switch I implore? I don't see any problem with what we had to begin with and tbh I can't help but feel that the extended title would look out of place as a header on the main site. And obviously the sheets have to be exactly the same as the main site game heading.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Maelstrom

JDMEK5

Cuz the game isn't Red & Blue. They're 2 different games and tbh I see that best illustrated with either using a "/" to split them or by reiterating the "Version" twice.

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 25, 2015, 08:42:23 PMDouble post cuz important question is important: I noticed the game name changed from "Pokémon Red/Blue Version" to "Pokémon Red Version & Pokémon Blue Version". What's the reason for the switch I implore? I don't see any problem with what we had to begin with and tbh I can't help but feel that the extended title would look out of place as a header on the main site. And obviously the sheets have to be exactly the same as the main site game heading.

That's what we decided makes the most sense.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

I see. Well it works and it'll satisfy me I'm just worried that it might eventually get too long but no biggie. Cool beans.

My Arrangements

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Hey, if I had voted we change it and it had been accepted, I would've taken responsibility for updating them all. You've done plenty already. ;)

My Arrangements

Latios212

Final changes:
- Third voice removed from Rocket Hideout and Pewter City for the sake of playability.
- Olimar replaced "Jessie & James Appear".
- Titles all changed to "Pokémon Red Version & Pokémon Blue Version".

Final announcements:
- Celadon and Lavender are the only sheets left. Some final cleanup and we'll be done.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on August 28, 2015, 01:58:46 PMFinal announcements:
- Celadon and Lavender are the only sheets left. Some final cleanup and we'll be done.
👌

Tobbeh99

My thoughts on Olimar's replacement of Jessie & James Appears:

Olimar's arrangement has richer accompaniment with the pedal fifths, mine were a bit empty only having off-beat a's as accompaniment (I did thought about adding a fourth to make it richer but decided to stick with a's and to keep it close to the original, and adding a fourth would also mess up the second part).   
The fourth beat accent seem more natural in my arrangement as they are in the same octave as the accompaniment.
My arrangement has the third high voice in the second part.

Both arrangements are really good, I personally think mine is better but I guess you have a reasoned about why to make the replacement so I'm fine with it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh