News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 14, 2015, 02:52:46 PMConcerning the song list in OP. What happened to Jigglypuff's song? And isn't pallet town done?
Jigglypuff's Song was never returned so I'm assuming it was just dropped. So I returned its Red status.

As for Pallet, I just missed it. My mistake.

Also, we never fully addressed the issue before: Red/Blue or Red/Blue/Yellow? Personally I'm starting to think I'm with Tobbeh on this one.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

How 'bout I do those 5 measures? That's it, we just keep it simple and like the original is, not like dahans huge arrangement?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Yeah we don't want all that extra. Just to the original and that's it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Here it is:
Jigglypuff's Song

I put myself as arranger since I think my version is different enough from dahans.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Maelstrom

Tobbeh99

JD in the OP you wrote "Jesse & James' Theme", however I think "Jesse & James Appears" is a better title to fit in with the rest of the "appears-themes". Unless you've found some official soundtrack where the title says so.

Also concerning names, should we really have "(yellow version)" on every yellow sheet. On the opening theme and the unused track it is necessary to specify that they are from yellow, but the rest I think it seems unnecessary. 

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 14, 2015, 05:19:45 PMJD in the OP you wrote "Jesse & James' Theme", however I think "Jesse & James Appears" is a better title to fit in with the rest of the "appears-themes". Unless you've found some official soundtrack where the title says so.

Also concerning names, should we really have "(yellow version)" on every yellow sheet. On the opening theme and the unused track it is necessary to specify that they are from yellow, but the rest I think it seems unnecessary.
Yeah sorry I was in a hurry and slipped up.

Yeah no I put "Yellow Version" in just for this small list only. That's all.

My Arrangements

Zunawe

While I think that Pokémon is a unique case, I think that the arrangements were planned to be Red/Blue because the original composition was for Red/Blue, and the new pieces were composed for Yellow. The closest comparison I can think of outside Pokémon is the remake of Ocarina of Time. There's a much larger time gap and the music was technically redone, but it's the same composition. We wouldn't list Ocarina of Time 3D on any of those sheets even though they have the same music. We also wouldn't list Ocarina of Time 3D as its own game under the Zelda section.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

JDMEK5

Well yeah I'm thinking for this it either should be Pokémon Red/Blue Version on the site and the Yellow songs added in with a little label or something for clarification, or read Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow Version and still have the same label for the Yellow. But I see your point and yeah if we do just Red/Blue then it kinda also follows the way they were written originally.

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

We've officially established that the game title on the sheet will be "Pokémon Red/Blue Version" but "Pokémon Yellow Version" on all Yellow exclusives.

Also in the works: On my to-do list is to arrange the songs in the Target Post in the order they appear in the folder as well as giving them their proper names since this became an arranging project as well.

My Arrangements

Latios212

I'll fix up Opening Movie (Yellow Version), Title Screen, and Professor Oak's Laboratory probably tomorrow.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

RRRRGH FINALE CRASHED JUST AS I PUT THE LAST NOTE IN TITLE SCREEN

back to square one...

edit: there went another half hour. Title Screen isn't perfect yet, but I put in the right notes at least.

edity edit: Professor Oak's Laboratory fixed

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

(triple post)

Yellow Opening Movie now complete! Boy, the (meter?) is kinda weird on that one.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on July 19, 2015, 11:03:10 AMedit: there went another half hour. Title Screen isn't perfect yet, but I put in the right notes at least.
If the notes are there, I should be able to finish it off lickety-split. The notes are by far the most time consuming and exhausting part.

10 minutes later: Actually I have some ideas for this that are a bit questionable so maybe I'll get some second-party tips as I go.

My Arrangements