Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 23, 2014, 05:24:59 PMhate to break it to you but someone already made that joke. Still good tho
I know don't worry
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

hmm my brother got the game today so played a bit.  WOW the wii u pro controller is a bad gamepad for smash, but with gcn adapters sold out it will have to do for casual play.  I wish they didn't have so many cheesy stage hazards in so many of the new stages, but at least they look nice and there are a few playable ones.

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

I would disagree with you on the Pro Controller, but I'm probably just more adaptable.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Imo GamePad as a controller is trash for Smash, it's very uncomfortable for it.

I have 23 challenges yet to be cleared, I've spent so much time on clearing Classic on high intensities that it's not fun anymore ._.

FireArrow

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 25, 2014, 02:44:36 PMhmm my brother got the game today so played a bit.  WOW the wii u pro controller is a bad gamepad for smash, but with gcn adapters sold out it will have to do for casual play.  I wish they didn't have so many cheesy stage hazards in so many of the new stages, but at least they look nice and there are a few playable ones.

While stage hazards suck for competitive play, I think they're the most amazing thing if your just playing for fun. It's not like they stop you from playing at a high level, they just add some casual spice ^_^
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

KefkaticFanatic

Perhaps it's tolerable to some, but it's just an inferior design when it comes to the controls of smash.  Second stick is in an awkward location and the weirdo buttons on the GCN controller manage to work out better for that game in particular.  Being able to turn off tap jump is nice though, up tilts are so ez

I mean if the stage hazards were minor things maybe, but we played the stage where giant ridley appears and sort of ruins the match by being the thing you have to fight more than other players, then we tried playing the new pokemon stadium which just spawns all these awful things everywhere, and then the mario stage has this dude that picks you up and instant ko you.  Imo the most fun you get with stage hazards before they just get annoying is with the old Pokemon Stadium 2 map.  There are a bunch of nice ones with flying platforms like Skyloft and the returning Delfino though.  The Star Fox one would have been good if it wasn't such a distracting clusterfuck in the background :B

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

Does the right stick act like the gamecube c stick?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

It's probably so minimal that only super-competitive players would even care. (ie: 1 frame)

Dude

It's his TV. Mine is the same way. If you turn on the gamepad volume and the TV volume at the same time it's usually out of sync on most HDTVs

Sux

MaestroUGC