News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG LV: The Choice is Doors

Started by davy, June 26, 2013, 12:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fank009

Quote from: Bird on June 27, 2013, 07:56:14 PMSecond, thanks for nothing BDS. Once again your stupid paranoia gums up our plans! At the same time, it also sort of indicates you're human, but it would have been nice to talk to everyone freely about locations in the thread. And it looks like your plan to keep your doors closed didn't matter anyway since the wolves didn't even attack.

Not yet...

I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bird

Oh wait, I'm a dumb ass, of course nobody was going to be wolfed.

CARRY ON.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

Anyway, I've begun work on mapping out the game board. Please spread any information you know to your neighbors (whether you can move to them or not), and urge those neighbors to spread information to their neighbors. Once all of this information gets to everyone, we can all create maps, or a few people (me??) will create them and spread them back the way the information came.

This way, we get an accurate picture of where everyone is and it should enable us to coordinate a much better plan for later phases (such as the one TZP suggested).

If anyone else has any cool TZP-like plans, here is the place to discuss them. Maybe you think it would be cool to create a 3x3 locked-off area? Or pile everyone into one room? Or something else? Be creative, I'm sure there's some way to take advantage of the game to get the wolves.

Bird

Please read, this could be a very useful strategy:

I came up with an idea to greatly reduce the effectiveness of the wolves' double wolfings. In fact, it could possibly lead to a single wolfing each night phase. The idea is that instead of forming one big group, we form 2 groups of 6 players. This allows us to get 2 lynches each day phase. Additionally, if both attacking wolves end up in one group, they'll be forced to use just one wolfing one night phase, or else they'll make everyone in that group way more suspicious, since there will be at least 2 wolves left of 4 people.

That said, BDS is right in that our chances of victory are incredibly slim, and we shouldn't feel bad when we inevitably lose. I didn't notice the wolf who couldn't attack anyone, and there's basically no way we can figure out who that is. Oh well. I'm still in favor of no lynch today.

FireArrow

Bird, are the wolves required to choose a target to wolf? I don't see how the small wolf is anything special if the wolves could decide to not wolf someone.

Anyways, is moving from room to room of any use to us today?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheZeldaPianist275

This semi-closed communication shiz is driving me up the wall.  I keep coming up with good ideas, then realize they won't work because I can't talk to anybody.  Also, I actually know who was in the warp room at the beginning of the night phase, but of course I can't share it  >:(

Bird, I think we should clarify something: if there is an open door between you and somebody else, even if you're not in consecutive rooms, YOU ARE NEIGHBORS.
Quote from: davy on June 26, 2013, 12:00:06 PM

Say you're in room 9, Wry's in room 10, and I'm in room 11.  If all three of us have opur doors open to each other, you and I can chat freely even though Wry is in between us.

Bird, your plan has the same concept as mine, but like you said, is very prone to backfire.  If we separate into two groups and just one person who doesn't think it's a good plan or even a wolf opens a door to the outside, everything goes down the toilet and the two groups are connected again.

rrrrrggggggg

Davy, can we PLEASE share what rooms we're in.  Talk about stabbing in the dark.

@Fire: No, I don't believe they are; I don't think wolves are ever required to wolf someone.  I think the young wolf is just extra baggage who isn't really useful but counts for the wolves' team (and is, therefore, very useful).

TheZeldaPianist275

Oh yeah, one more thing:

We really didn't arrive at a decision last night, so I kept my doors closed.  I'm starting to think I should have opened one and seen where it landed me, but that's my fault for not paying better attention.  20 hour car rides have a way of sapping your energy.

Also, I don't think BDS is being unreasonable, and certainly not stupid.  Maybe a little paranoid, but sometimes a little paranoid to pull back before rushing in is a good thing.  Haterz gon hate.

FireArrow

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on June 27, 2013, 10:07:27 PMOh yeah, one more thing:

We really didn't arrive at a decision last night, so I kept my doors closed.  I'm starting to think I should have opened one and seen where it landed me, but that's my fault for not paying better attention.  20 hour car rides have a way of sapping your energy.

Also, I don't think BDS is being unreasonable, and certainly not stupid.  Maybe a little paranoid, but sometimes a little paranoid to pull back before rushing in is a good thing.  Haterz gon hate.

The problem is that we don't have time to pull back (if what BDS says is true.)

Also, sorry I'm not coming up with my own plans, but this whole room thing is just so complicated, I still don't understand it all.

FireArrow

The heck, 20 PMs an hour? Is there any way to get around this?

fank009

Quote from: FireArrow on June 27, 2013, 10:13:55 PMThe heck, 20 PMs an hour? Is there any way to get around this?
Go to a chat room???

FireArrow

BlackDragonSlayer

Well, it seems as if I got 9 PMs. Terribly sorry for not saying anything else yet, but I was... busy... not really!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

Quote from: FireArrow on June 27, 2013, 10:10:23 PMThe problem is that we don't have time to pull back (if what BDS says is true.)

Also, sorry I'm not coming up with my own plans, but this whole room thing is just so complicated, I still don't understand it all.

-We dont have time to pull back/ more like we dont have time to think.

Olimar12345

Quote from: FireArrow on June 27, 2013, 10:10:23 PMAlso, sorry I'm not coming up with my own plans, but this whole room thing is just so complicated, I still don't understand it all.

This. I've pretty much been no help, and most of it is because I don't fully understand our situation. I didn't get much info from the few of you who answered some of my questions here in the thread, so I'm trying to be careful about what I post here. I want to discuss things but I don't want tot break rules! Where are you, Davy?

Also:
Quote from: fank009 on June 27, 2013, 10:21:03 PM-We dont have time to pull back/ more like we dont have time to think.

This. This so much.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 27, 2013, 11:03:20 PMThis. I've pretty much been no help, and most of it is because I don't fully understand our situation. I didn't get much info from the few of you who answered some of my questions here in the thread, so I'm trying to be careful about what I post here. I want to discuss things but I don't want tot break rules! Where are you, Davy?

I'm not alone!

On this line of thought, it seems a lot of people are not really sure how to handle this game, so I suggest we avoid lynching the people who do (Bird, TZP, fank.) (Yes, I am contradicting my other post, but after thinking about it, I don't think wolves would try to be extremely active right now as they only have to survive till night 3.)