News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

TWG LV: The Choice is Doors

Started by davy, June 26, 2013, 12:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fank009

tbwcw, i think this game is based on "networks" and we would be foolsh not to use them.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bird

I think it would be best if we all posted what rooms we are in.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

fank009

i thought that was not allowed pubicly? but im all for trying to map where everyone is.

FireArrow

It's not allowed.  :P

Maybe we should all try to move to the center so everyone can communicate freely?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bird

Oh, oops.

Well are we free to talk about where we were last phase starting next day phase?

FireArrow

I doubt it - also, it includes the start of the game PM, so we can't even claim publicly. :/
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheZeldaPianist275

Here's an idea.  What if we start making a network of sorts, without throwing everything open.  What if everybody in odd-numbered rooms opens their doors to their connected even-numbered rooms, and everybody in odd-numbered rooms opens their doors to connected even-numbered rooms?

So
Quote from: davy on June 26, 2013, 12:00:06 PM
let's say I'm in room 7.  I refuse to open my doors to Bubbles in room 3 and Mashi in room 11 (random names, people) because they're in other odd-numbered rooms.  But my buddy FireArrow in room 6 and my broseph Olimar in room 8 can feel free to walk in anytime, because not only have I opened my doors to them, being in even-numbered rooms, but they opened their doors to I, who am in an odd-numbered room.  Bubbles and Mashi then go sulk with their friends in their network.  This splits it up into (I think) four different networks, which would start to help narrowing our selections down.

Thoughts?

Yugi

I finally got on a computer.

So yeah, I'm here.

BlackDragonSlayer

That sounds like it might be a good idea, TZP, but it seems as if it's a bit too risky because of the wolves; essentially, it's an invitation for the maximum number of wolfings.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Well, we need to decide soon.   I'm on vacation and won't have access to internet until after the phase end. :/

Bird

Why don't we just open all doors? Then we can discuss where we are on Night 1. We keep the doors open too, so once they close automatically, the wolves won't be able to target anyone.

Mashi

Yeah, I don't see any harm in opening all the doors, and doing so would get rid of the annoyances of closed communication, so I'm for it.

Also, davy, would it be possible to utilise the public chatroom if we made sure to post the logs once the chat was over?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on June 26, 2013, 08:02:02 PMWhy don't we just open all doors? Then we can discuss where we are on Night 1. We keep the doors open too, so once they close automatically, the wolves won't be able to target anyone.
Again: that seems like an invitation for the wolves to maul us with multiple wolfings per night. If the wolves get two wolfings per night (or three?? :S), they'll win way before Night 4, especially with the potential for multiple lynches. Additionally, the special rooms may pose a bit of a problem...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

Unless I'm reading the first post incorrectly, I don't think that the Wolves can wolf anyone unless someone switches into a room that was previously left empty.

Though, thinking about it, that would mean they wouldn't be able to wolf at all so long as we just stayed put in our rooms.  davy, am I interpretting this correctly???

fank009

TZP, Your idea is brilliant... IF this was a 16 person game. Its not. we have a few outliers. namely these.
QuoteThe four rooms that are not occupied by players at the start of the game are the special rooms: the empty room, the inaccesable room, the inclosable room and the warp room.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 26, 2013, 07:43:58 PMThat sounds like it might be a good idea, TZP, but it seems as if it's a bit too risky because of the wolves; essentially, it's an invitation for the maximum number of wolfings.
BDS, The catchside, is that we have possible wolves in said networks. instead of having no idea who killed who, We just look for people in the network...

The thing is is that with the presence of the young wolf, wolfings dont give any clears.

Quote from: Bird on June 26, 2013, 08:02:02 PMWhy don't we just open all doors? Then we can discuss where we are on Night 1. We keep the doors open too, so once they close automatically, the wolves won't be able to target anyone.

Opening ALL doors has its pros and cons, BDS clearly stated a con of wolves having max wolfings each night, but there is also the idea of the wolves having silver tounges. They can always influence people in this here thread, to vote for people that they cant reach. (mind you, so can humans, and maybe that is worse than the wolves encouraging such thoughts???)

if we are opening doors though, We should NOT lynch someone yet. and wait till the wolfings. (unless special circumstances come by)

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 26, 2013, 08:32:20 PMAgain: that seems like an invitation for the wolves to maul us with multiple wolfings per night. If the wolves get two wolfings per night (or three?? :S), they'll win way before Night 4, especially with the potential for multiple lynches. Additionally, the special rooms may pose a bit of a problem...
wolves have two wolfings a night max. (that young wolf). Your too paranoid BDS... (as usual)
All you have to do with the special rooms is adjust to them BDS, i dont think that they can give that much of a problem.\

Mashi: each wolf can open as long as they can access the room (i.e. private chat) - the young wolf, He's there because numbers are great for wolves.