TWG 54: Game of Wolves - Post Game (100% Complete!)

Started by Bird, June 13, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

Thiannon, you're such a gentleman!

Quote from: FireArrow on June 20, 2013, 08:16:16 PMNow that I know the big picture I feel so tiny.  ::)
Well I guess I captured the spirit of the show and book series well then. With legitimately hundreds of characters, each one's actions are like a drop in the ocean.

Plus everyone dies!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, Bird, you really did.  This is probably the best-managed game I've seen yet, even with that Night 3 update mix-up.  Excellent job.

FireArrow

Definitely, I'm almost scared to play TWG again as I don't think any other game can live up to this.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bird

Part 4: Player Analysis
Ordered by wolves and humans, from shortest-living to longest-lasting.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf – How does it feel to get totally screwed over in not one but two games hosted by me, occurring immediately after one another? My guess? Not good. With the exception of sending Liggy a list that you probably shouldn't have (although it didn't make a difference really) you played great on Night 1 and Day 1. You just happened to claim a role that there was no way you could have known would become King. You got unlucky. And you were lynched for it. Sorry about that, man!

Thiannon – A bit disappointing to be honest! Maybe I just expect too much of you since you basically invented TWG (you're old enough anyway! ;) ), but I feel like you could have done better! You were probably right to get upset at the reasons you were being lynched, but I don't feel like you did a lot to make yourself seem very human throughout the game. You seemed very passive. It's a shame, you were so excited about coming up with a believable human role when you got your PM, but that sort of fell by the wayside, it seems. That said, the wolves as a team, did an outstanding job with their power usages, and your performance didn't prevent the team from winning in the slightest. In fact, it looks like you did everything you needed to in order to secure a win, and nothing more. Don't let this be your last TWG though, please.

Zunawe – You did a really great job this game. I think the number of people who were surprised that you were the last wolf can attest to that. Through a combination of being in the right place at the right time, making great power usages and acting as cool as a cucumber in both the chat and the thread, nobody saw you coming. Hopefully they learn to watch out for you in the future! Great job.

---------------------------------

Fank009 – I discussed this a bit in the phase-by-phase summaries, but I'll go into more detail here. If everybody here was a perfectly logical player, you would have played a perfect game. It should have been okay for you to tell your role and information to FireArrow and Olimar12345 since they were both human. However, despite having human roles, players are still controlled by humans. They began to suspect you, even though you made logical choices. And that suspicion caused you to become very prominent on Night 1, which is generally something you want to avoid when you have the most powerful role in the game! I can't remember if you were wolfed due to the wolves speculating you had fire powers, or if it was slipped that you had a revive, but either way, it cut what could have been a stellar performance quite short.

Olimar12345 – It looks like you had a lot of trouble getting your bearings when the  game began, which is pretty understandable seeing how absurdly complex it was. And honestly, it probably worked out to your advantage. When you said that you didn't know if you were a wolf or not, it clued a lot of players (such as fank009) in to the fact that you were, in fact, a human. This, and likely the fact that you were just an all-around safe wolfing target, led to you being wolfed on Night 2. I don't know if this was your first game or not; it was clearly your first game in a long time though, and I think that given the circumstances, you did a good job of being active and trying to figure stuff out, even if that effort was a short-lived one. Plus you had a great death post!

Mashi – I was really surprised that you were lynched on Day 2. I thought the typical NSM pattern was that everybody would suspect you, then you'd suddenly start being active and making insightful posts. Apparently the reason you were lynched is that Olimar was going to use an allegiance-determining power on you, and that if he died, you were a wolf. I actually don't even think Olimar sent in the power. Anyway, since you were away or inactive, and since the reasons you were lynched were behind the scenes, there wasn't a lot you could do about it! It seemed like you had been working some stuff behind the scenes, and I know you were communicating with Liggy. It's a shame for you that Day 2 turned out the way it did, but thanks for playing while you could!

FireArrow – I think this was your first game, and if it was, you did a really great job. Even if it wasn't your first game, you did a good job. You were consistently active in both the chatroom and the thread, and were sending PMs to people very often. There's still room for improvement now. I think a lot of the time, you just went with the flow, which is fine. Especially looking at the lynches, since you were never really in a position to influence them (either through gravitas or looking human). But you could have come up with a few other creative tactics! You definitely didn't have the most useful role, but it was far from useless. You could have used Wit to determine if a player claiming Stark was really a Stark. If they were, your power refreshes and you heal them, and you're both better off. If not, you potentially find a wolf. That's just a suggestion though; the point is, there's lots of room for planning and creativity in this game, which is something I hope to see when you participate in future games!

Liggy – Ahahaha, man... what else needs to be said really. You were so close, and just gave up! I think that if you had sent in a name on the night you killed yourself, there was a 70% chance it would have been the right one and you would have won alongside the wolves. What would have better a better "screw you" to the humans who denied you information than that? Ahh, well. You did a terrific job this game besides that. Your arguments were awesome, and the way you organized all the human houses was very well-done. I didn't see something like that coming at all, so I have to say that I'm impressed!

Yugi – I feel like you sort of faded into the background this game, especially in the second half. Most of the time, you're eager to come up with ideas, or at least spam ever now and then! This game when people began to suspect you, you gave up! Even though you had just earned a vigilante power which the humans could have used against the White Walkers! If you had been more vocal in your defense, the game might have gone to the humans.

BlackDragonSlayer – Too little, too late! A seer at the beginning of a game is infinitely more useful than a seer in the last phases of a game. At the beginning, you get to use that information for every day phase; at the end, you only get to use it for one. And so, for a player as paranoid as you, I'm surprised you took so long to use any of your abilities! I did make a few mistakes here. I should have been more clear that money was an item, and that you got money when Mashi was lynched. But even considering that, you could have checked allegiances earlier in the game to catch wolves or damage players to see what happen. Lack of exploratory power-usage was sort of a theme among humans this game, and you're not a exception! On top of that, I feel like you, in addition to Yugi, sort of faded into the background, despite the fact that you had a really neat set of abilities. You should be less hesitant and make stuff happen!

davy – You had the disadvantage of joining late, yet did great anyway. Although your suspicions weren't always on-the-mark, you did a good job of being active and making plans with other players behind the scenes. Eventually that (as well as a stupid mistake on my part) led to people believing you were human. So you got wolfed. Great job though! Oh, also, sorry about random.org screwing your powers so much!

Bubbles7689 – I think you did a good job this game, and improved a bit from your previous human games. You were a very important part of the Toby lynch, as you questioning why everyone was voting for FSM was great especially. You had sort of a rough set of powers to make use of, especially once everybody decided that hurting other humans was a bad idea (even though it so wasn't, since a lot of your powers involved infiltration and making powers fail. Oh well. I think you definitely could improve a bit more by being more vocal and pushy regarding suspicions you may have, rather than just stating them and fading back into the shadows.

FSM-Reapr – Terrific performance all through the game. In hindsight, you were probably the best-equipped human for this game, besides fank009 as Daenerys. But you did a good job with them anyway. You used declaration well and your guard would have been perfectly timed had the wolves not predicted and nullified it. And you were an all-star in the thread as well, defending yourself and Olimar very eloquently, and being one of the primary reasons that Toby was found out and lynched. I think the only reason people started to suspect you again, later in the game, is because you weren't around to talk some sense into them. I'm somewhat surprised anyone was suspicious of you at all though, considering your declaration and confusion about wolf false roles at the start of your game. Oh well! Thanks for playing.

TheZeldaPianist275 – I don't know how much TWG experience you have, but you had a lot of responsibility set on your shoulders this game. Once every player arbitrarily decided that only a human could be King on Night 1 (which is way silly), you became the "alliance leader" and were forced to make a lot of decisions for the human team. Some of these ended up being great; you worked with FSM and helped the Toby lynch come together. Some of them were not; the Mashi lynch stands out in particular, and the Yugi lynch to a lesser degree. Your use of the powers (belonging to you as well as other players) at your disposal could also have been better. I think you sort of wasted your torch. Despite all this, which only seems bad in hindsight, you were organized, active and efficient as a leader, and I hope you play in future games!

---------------------------------

Awards and other fun stuff coming later.

Bird

Part 5: Bonus Materials and MVPs

Graphical Representation of Endgame
Spoiler
[close]

Game in .gif Format (It's animated, just be patient!)
Spoiler
[close]

Human MVP: FSM-Reapr
Wolf MVP: Zunawe

Honorable Mentions:
Thiannon
Liggy
TZP
FireArrow

"Sorry Brah" Award:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
K-NiGhT
shadowkirby

--------------------

Maybe taking some time before doing this post-game was a good thing. I sometimes talk smack about NSM TWG and how everyone here is inactive and stuff, but this game may have changed my mind. It was absurdly complex, yet all of the players were more than up to the challenge. Thanks for making something I worked really hard on turn out great!

FireArrow

Oh, I came out of this better then I thought!

If liggy would of waited till the next night to suicide, would the humans have won?

Bird

If he wasn't lynched, probably. He might also have saved Yugi from being lynched. You'd have to ask him!

FireArrow

Oh, yeah... Thiannon would of pushed that really hard.

Mashi

I am an expert on the subject of Liggy and can guarantee Human victory had the Humans not brought Liggy to suicide.

fank009

I should have thrown a red herring in there when i thought that i would have been wolfed.
i could have played it better though :/
eh, you learn things from time to time
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Liggy

Quote from: FireArrow on June 22, 2013, 04:27:16 PMOh, I came out of this better then I thought!

If liggy would of waited till the next night to suicide, would the humans have won?
Probably not, because the reason why I committed suicide was that I was tired of defending myself against frivolous accusations, and I was crushed that I let Mashi die despite the fact I was pretty sure he was human.  I really don't think I would have bothered about anything in the game at that point.

FSM-Reapr

*stops playing in the middle of the game*

*gets MVP*

B)

FireArrow

Quote from: Liggy on June 22, 2013, 07:07:17 PMProbably not, because the reason why I committed suicide was that I was tired of defending myself against frivolous accusations, and I was crushed that I let Mashi die despite the fact I was pretty sure he was human.  I really don't think I would have bothered about anything in the game at that point.

I was the only one being frivolous, and at that point in the game I decided to take a U-turn, so maybe it would of gone better than expected?

Bird

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on June 22, 2013, 07:40:26 PM*stops playing in the middle of the game*

*gets MVP*

B)
Well, you only got MVP for your first-half efforts. I decided not to count your inactivity in the second half against you, despite the fact that your nullification could have saved the entire human team on Night 5.

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, except for that, I think FSM deserves MVP.  I was definitely in a position to get it, but I kind of wasted it by forgetting about the game a lot after Day 1.

And Zunawe definitely deserves his too.  Way to be.