TWG 54: Game of Wolves - Post Game (100% Complete!)

Started by Bird, June 13, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiannon

I dunno, TZP. I've been lynched as a human for not reading the rules properly because people assumed that was my playing dumb as a wolf. You're right: it's a leverage point a good wolf should be familiar with, but at best it's frequently untenable and at worst it's just a lame way to play.

Bird, quit blasting your game; it was awesome! I'm sure Mozart's earliest sonatas weren't his favourites either.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

FireArrow

Quote from: fank009 on June 16, 2013, 11:09:43 AMI wouldnt say it was short lived, the two of them were close all game (from what i read)
But yes that is correct.

Until he was wolfed night 2.  :P

then I get wolfed night 3, the wolves targeted our alliance! o:
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

fank009

I want some moar post game
Hopefully before the next game
(speaking bout post game... I have some things, Ill get to them later)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bird

I was telling Thiannon this last night when he was bugging me. I'll probably be able to finish everything up on Wednesday night. Sorry about the delay, I feel bad about it. :(
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Mashi

It's okay, Bird, it makes the wait more exciting!!!

FireArrow

Thiannon

Quote from: Bird on June 18, 2013, 06:48:42 AMI was telling Thiannon this last night when he was bugging me.

I was much more polite than Bird is letting on here!

Bird

He kept calling me the f-word.

Also, something else I remembered: why the heck was everyone copying and pasting their role PMs!?!?! That's explicitly against rule number 1! I know it's a mystery game and the rules are bent in some places, but seriously, that's not okay! I would have yelled at/banned everyone the moment they did it, but that would have confirmed their roles which would have made the game fall apart. And I guess enough time has passed now that I'm not that mad about it, especially since none of the humans paid attention to these perfect replications of my syntax and vocabulary. But yeah, don't do that. It's the worst thing you can do in a TWG.

FireArrow

Quote from: Bird on June 18, 2013, 01:34:57 PMHe kept calling me the f-word.

Also, something else I remembered: why the heck was everyone copying and pasting their role PMs!?!?! That's explicitly against rule number 1! I know it's a mystery game and the rules are bent in some places, but seriously, that's not okay! I would have yelled at/banned everyone the moment they did it, but that would have confirmed their roles which would have made the game fall apart. And I guess enough time has passed now that I'm not that mad about it, especially since none of the humans paid attention to these perfect replications of my syntax and vocabulary. But yeah, don't do that. It's the worst thing you can do in a TWG.

I was thinking the same thing! When ever I told someone my role/powers, I made sure to paraphrase and not copypaste.

FSM-Reapr

I didn't copypaste I typed everything precisely like in the role pm to simplify the formatting

now you cant blame me for anything

FireArrow

I have a lot of criticism, but considering my poor performance and lack of experience, I don't think I'm in any place to give it.

Bird

Updated this post with phase summaries.

Looking back, this game was kind of awesome. Especially Nights 3, 4, and 5. The days were lackluster after Day 1, but that's okay since enough neat stuff happened in this game to make me extremely grateful I had the opportunity to host it. Player analyses coming next (finally)!

Best parts:

All of Night 3
Wolves blocking BDS's human kill
Davy weakening himself enough to be killed and not getting anything good out of it, especially after getting no item on Night 3.
Liggy killing himself when he could have won
Bubbles getting wtfpwnd again. Hilarious!

Thiannon

Epic phase-by-phase analysis, Bird! And this coming from the man who claims to have invented phase-by-phase analysis. Yeah, I wasn't too concerned about the D4 lynch, but I was still annoyed it happened. People didn't do a very good job articulating the case against me! But their instincts were good, so props to them.

FireArrow

Now that I know the big picture I feel so tiny.  ::)

fank009

Night 1, I didnt feel like i was in general trouble for day 1, (like i said, If i was suspicious, Wolves would have seen that and would have gone to lynch me day 1... regardless if i had fire or not...)

I think i might have slipped on this line... (from what i can find...)
"01:05:41: <fank009> "and fank009 says that a certain Player also shares that type of benefit." -I said that a role exiisted"

There was nothing else that I did, That (should have) leaked to the wolves...

Eh, Cest la vie, I still didnt play night one well.

Anyway

List of things missed
Just some things that i thought were missed by everyone,

-FSMs Conversation with me and it being a possible scenario to fank being wolfed
-Birds message from FSM at the end of day 1 (AND HE WAS STILL No.1 Suspicion)
-Yugis general "scum telling" (or maybe thats just me???)
-Davy's "fank was Burned by the wolves comment" (how did he know???)
-General "wheres the wolves revive"???  (why hadnt wolves brought a thrall back??)

(not a long list but yeah...)

Bring on the Player analysis- I want to know how bad i did xD
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...