News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Maximus_32's Submissions (hey, new guy on the block…)

Started by Maximus_32, June 01, 2013, 06:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus_32

A true composer and pianist at heart. By listening to the pitches, I write down musical pieces from games onto manuscript paper and then put that into finaleNotepad or Musescore note by note. I modify it a bit to better fit the hands of the pianist and add a little expression here and there to bring to life the simple beeps and blips of a video game console.

after all, it is an arrangement...

So, my deranged arranged music collection thus far:

Famicom/NES

Mother/EarthBound Zero ~

Pollyana:
               download PDF file here
               download MUS file here
               listen to Midi file here

Battle with a Dangerous Opponent (It's when you battle a Stray Dog/Starman/Robot/etc.):
               download PDF file here
               download MUS file here
               listen to Midi file here
Writer, mathematician, natural scientist, historian, leader, speaker, and—of course—pianist

Check out my arrangements!

It blows your mind!

FireArrow

Very nice arrangement! Is that file converted from musescore, because it doesn't look quite right.

Anyways, you made the beginning staccato (I don't see them, but I hear them.) It isn't  - in measure 1 and 3 I would turn the eight notes followed by an eight rest into quarters, and I would tie the eight notes in measure 2 and 4 to a half note. The left hand in measure 2 isn't right, tie the eight note in measure one to the f in measure 2, which is actually a dotted quarter, then, fill the rest of the measure with a low g. The L.H. just holds a note in measure 4.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you did purposefully.

I would also go over your song and add some phrasing, it makes it look and sound more professional.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

DonValentino

I'm pretty sure it wasn't composed by "erekfwnkj"... :o

Also, the "mf"s are too loud and the "mp"s are too low. Is there any way to fix it?

Quote from: Maximus_32 on June 01, 2013, 06:35:48 PMA true composer and pianist at heart. By listening to the pitches, I write down musical pieces from games onto manuscript paper and then put that into finaleNotepad or Musescore note by note.

Oh really, you sure you didn't do it by midi? :P
Proof is that it says "Track 0" and "Track 1", typical things in midi files. Not only that, the weird sound (non-existing staccatos, like Fire said) is because the midi had some special effects that remain in the playback.
Not saying that you actually did it by midi, but that's what I strongly think and it's the only believable explanation. :-\

So I can't say "good arrangement", sorry.

Either way, nice to have another arranger around here! Welcome! :)

blueflower999

You have an awesome avatar, good sir. Very good arrangement too.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Maximus_32

Well, I composed it on MuseScore at first (knowing MuseScore is FREE). Then, I realized what a .mus file is and found out I had to download finale (Which I had originally thought cost money). I found finale Notepad, though, and imported the midi file from the MuseScore to finale, thus the loss of articulation and quality... And let me tell you, after working for 2-3 hours on recreating that piece, I was pretty tired of adding articulation and notes :P and to see finale undo my progress was kind of irking.

But I'll redo the arrangement on finale with articulation and such. It's just that I wanted to get something submitted to see if everything worked. Thanks for your concerns and advice! :)
Writer, mathematician, natural scientist, historian, leader, speaker, and—of course—pianist

It blows your mind!

Maximus_32

Oookay. I redid the score in Finale Notepad and re-uploaded the .mus, midi, and pdf files. Whew! Also, as a precaution, I recorded the midi WITHOUT any dynamics or articulation.

It blows your mind!

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department