News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The Song Recognition Thread

Started by JDMEK5, May 31, 2013, 03:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

First of all, this thread begins with me but that does not mean that it is only to be used by me.
We just have a lot of songs that we of the NSM community recall but can't remember where they're from.

With each song, I will leave any other information regarding it that I know of to help out.
Thanks for your help!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

Most of the soundtrack for Diddy Kong Racing is largely based off of other songs. I don't know whether it was intentional or not but it's still a great soundtrack. T.T.'s theme bears a stricking resemblance to "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang.

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

Honestly I think they only sound similar because T.T.'s theme follows the chord progression of disco. (Whatever it is... I actually don't know)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Ricky

I recognize the first one, the third one and the fourth (at least the part at 0:15 to 0:17). The fourth one is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_King_Wenceslas (I think). I can't find the rest right now.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Ricky

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 05, 2013, 04:40:46 AM^It's not Good King Wenceslas.
Ah sorry then, I thought there was a slight resemblance there but whatever. There's a site called G Major Music Theory where the owner makes piano arrangements of things like folk music, children's songs, classical and sometimes other music genres. I've checked the Beginner Levels "1stPieces" and "Primer" to see if I could find anything that resembles the pieces you posted. No luck yet but maybe you want to check it out: http://gmajormusictheory.org/Freebies/freebies1.html (from level one onwards).

JDMEK5

Right. G Major music theory... I honestly forgot about that. I'll have a look there. Thanks!

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

And Dahans is looking for a song too! I put in #1 on the list so nobody misses it.
Thanks for your support everyone!

My Arrangements

Yugi

http://llfmercs4.pbworks.com/w/page/65350705/The%20League%20of%20Evil%20Exes

Go down to the section explaining Matt Patel, could someone tell me what song that is?

Cobraroll

I might be extremely late to the party here (having been absent from NSM for a while), but I think I can help you with Route 1:

It's the chorus. I stumbled upon it when I saw some classic Donald Duck comics. It's clearer to hear (for once) when Donald sings it:

From 1938, more than half a century before Pokémon Red/Green.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

K-NiGhT

omg just thinking about it and that's actually kinda perfect.

on a separate note, welcome back cobraroll! you should totally stay a while.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

JDMEK5

Anyone recognize this? I know it's a folk song of some kind. (Tempo is approximate)

My Arrangements

MaestroUGC

The rhythm seems off, but isn't that the lullaby Hush, Little Baby?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 04, 2014, 09:07:02 PMThe rhythm seems off, but isn't that the lullaby Hush, Little Baby?
no way jose
unmotivated