News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

TWG 54: Game of Wolves

Started by Bird, May 29, 2013, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Yugi on June 08, 2013, 04:53:34 PMBecause I had no need to mention it before.
But you said it like "btw guise i guarded myself", and in the middle of the phase.
Quote from: Yugi on June 07, 2013, 10:12:31 PMIf it helps, I guarded myself last night.
After everyone started to suspect you. It doesn't seem like a very believable claim either

Zunawe

I think I read BDS' post too quickly. My post still stands I think, but addressing the power gain:

We've already established that powers can be faked fairly easily, so it could be very possible that Yugi's trying to drag down somebody else. Now I'm going into that looping logic I mentioned earlier. Rgh!

I'll probably stick with my choices. I'll try to come back 15 minutes before the phase end.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bird

Day has been extended to end at 11:59 PM EDT tomorrow.

Ugh, I'm so frustrated with myself. This last update was such a mess. I noticed two more mistakes, one which is particularly significant. Apologies for how unprofessionally this has all been handled, but when everybody has small powers, it's easy to overlook things.

Although in my defense, it looks like pretty much all of you have overlooked something I said as well. If you don't want your PM to be forgotten in the swamp of messages I receive every phase, include [TWG] in the subject line.

davy never died and has full health. The update has been edited accordingly. Once again, apologies for how poorly this phase has been handled.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bubbles

BlackDragonSlayer

<3

I started out with 300 Pentoshi Dollars, but apparently, I have 500 Pentoshi Dollars now! :3 Which means that I can use more powers!
...and also means that The Boy Who Cried Wolf probably wasn't a wolf... o_o

That fact that davy didn't actually die, though, brings up a bit of suspicion. I think we should lynch Yugi, I should use my damaging power on Thiannon as a backup, and everybody else who has damaging powers should use them on davy, unless there is a significant reason as to why neither he nor Yugi were harmed by winter.
TZP said that:
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on June 08, 2013, 11:41:51 AMOlimar also told me that Winter deals 1 heart of damage to six people.  Since there are 7 people left, it's plausible that Yugi was the only one not to get hit.
However, the wolves could have easily used the number of people as cover to provide an "excuse" as to why they weren't harmed.
Which brings up another question: Are wolves even harmed by winter in the first place??
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Idea:

We lynch me today (not an insta, this gives us more time) , and everyone gives BDS a suspicion list, saying who should be vigi'd and why, majority rules.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on June 08, 2013, 10:39:12 PMIdea:

We lynch me today (not an insta, this gives us more time) , and everyone gives BDS a suspicion list, saying who should be vigi'd and why, majority rules.
I've learned not to do that anymore! :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 08, 2013, 10:52:07 PMI've learned not to do that anymore! :P
Hence the majority rules part.

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 08, 2013, 05:37:49 PMThat fact that davy didn't actually die, though, brings up a bit of suspicion. I think we should lynch Yugi, I should use my damaging power on Thiannon as a backup, and everybody else who has damaging powers should use them on davy, unless there is a significant reason as to why neither he nor Yugi were harmed by winter.
TZP said that:
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on June 08, 2013, 11:41:51 AMOlimar also told me that Winter deals 1 heart of damage to six people.  Since there are 7 people left, it's plausible that Yugi was the only one not to get hit.
However, the wolves could have easily used the number of people as cover to provide an "excuse" as to why they weren't harmed.
Which brings up another question: Are wolves even harmed by winter in the first place??
Well, I guess it's time for me to tell you guys about an ability:
QuoteProtection - Non-lethal damage dealt to you is prevented. This ability expires at the end of day 3.
Bird's slip up tells us that I was probably damaged by winter and one or two other sources (maybe ghost was one of them). I see no reason for a human to damage me, so I think I was probably damaged by a wolf. If I was damaged by a human, I would like it if that human would step forward and say in the topic, or PM TZP that he/she damaged me. This also means that if there was a wolfing, FireArrow was the wolfing target.
Also, Protection expires after this phase, so if you guys still think about damaging me, I won't be protected anymore.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Thiannon

Hey guys, sorry, the wedding turned out to be at 1:00 yesterday and not 5:00 as I had previously thought, meaning I didn't have the time I was expecting to have to post my suspicion list. (In fact, I had so little time we literally arrived at the wedding with a single minute to spare, but I digress.) Re: TZP's suspicions...

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on June 08, 2013, 09:21:41 AM1. Thiannon- I believe you are quite an experienced player, no?  What you seem to be doing this game is QUITE different from what I ever see Bird or Verm doing.  You're not contributing much.  You're hiding, voting when necessary, but playing exactly like FSM did last game: contributing enough to not be inactive, but just enough to slip under the radar.  I doubt many people here have even considered your wolfiness.  Also, you were strangely confident - more so than most - that Boy was a wolf, without explaining any particular reasons why.  Thiannon for lynch June 8th, 2013.

It's true, I've played quite a number of TWGs on LLF, plus one (aborted) on FFR and a couple here. It's probably not unfair to say I haven't contributed much, but I think I've contributed as much as virtually everyone else who's still alive, and more than some. I pointed out last day phase that Yugi went twenty topic pages without posting more than a single line of text in any post. Zunawe and Bubbles have been practically invisible. BDS's contributed more the last phase or two, but that was after I called him out! Even davy hasn't said much aside from that one massive suspicion list, though that's more a reflection of his being a replacement for an inactive player and Bird's mistake this phase, I think. You yourself barely posted anything Day 2! I've said ahead of time when I'd be here for the lynch (Day 1) and when I wouldn't (Day 2), so sure, I've been busy, but I haven't been using my schedule as a crutch to lean on, as, say, Mashi did Day 2.

I supported the Boy lynch and while Mashi wasn't my first choice for the Day 2 lynch, he was one of my top suspicions. As for Boy, I think I addressed my conviction that he was a wolf pretty well in my Day 2 suspicion list:

Quote from: Thiannon on June 04, 2013, 07:11:54 PM1. The Boy Who Cried Wolf - I see no reason for him to give off a fake succession list as a human. It's possible he was a third party (and this possibility shouldn't be overlooked), but that third party can't be Varys or Margaery, which leaves few options (Theon?).

I think that's a pretty good reason why! When I was kind of doubting my conviction later, I broached the topic with Liggy in the chat (copy-pasted from my log at the beginning of N3):

Spoiler
21:18   Thiannon   Liggy, do you see any way in which Boy might have been human?
21:18   Liggy   yeah
21:18   Liggy   wait
21:18   Liggy   er
21:18   Liggy   only if Olimar was confused and fed wrong information
21:19   Thiannon   By FSM, you mean?
21:19   Liggy   to FSM, actually
21:19   Liggy   or to TZP
21:21   Thiannon   Oh, I see what you mean.
21:21   Thiannon   You don't think Boy would be dumb enough to claim Varys as a human, though?
21:22   Liggy   I don't think he'd have a reason to
21:22   Liggy   and he game me TWO fake succession list
21:22   Liggy   lists*
21:24   Thiannon   That makes no sense!
21:24   Liggy   what?
21:24   Thiannon   Why he'd send in two fakes.
21:25   Liggy   because he confused them
21:25   Liggy   he sent me the one he got from his other fake role
21:25   Thiannon   That's what he told you?
21:25   Liggy   well
21:25   Liggy   he told me it was just his fake role
21:26   Liggy   or maybe I inferred that
21:26   Liggy   he said his fake role was Khal Drago
21:26   Liggy   would it make sense for him to have it?
21:28   Thiannon   Not really.
21:28   Thiannon   In fact, he's one of the least likely characters to know the order of succession in Westeros.
21:28   Thiannon   He's never even been to the continent.
21:31   Liggy   oh
21:31   Liggy   uh
21:31   Liggy   man
21:31   Liggy   wtf was Toby doing
21:31   Liggy   his first list had Bran Stark on stop
21:32   bird   hey you know that character!
21:32   Thiannon   I dunno.
21:33   Thiannon   Wolf or human, he seriously screwed up.
21:33   Thiannon   Though I guess you can say that about anyone who's lynched D1.
[close]

I think Boy's allegiance is really important at this point, because there are a lot of people here who couldn't be wolves with him, most notably FSM and Liggy (who is looking more human now that he consummated his martyrdom promise). Regardless, because of what we know from FSM/Olimar's succession list, we know Varys was a fake role. (It was at the top of the succession list, but Boy didn't become king, as per Liggy.) No one else has claimed it as his own fake role, so it seems pretty certain that it was Boy's. So it was either one of his two fake wolf roles or his fake human role.

It's certainly possible Boy was lying. He's done some weird stuff in the past, if memory serves, and Liggy was (and is) far from a confirmed human. But it's not like Liggy put out a call for succession lists or anything like that. Boy volunteered that information, and I don't see what incentive a human had would be to intentionally mislead.

One weird thing is the fact that Boy claimed a third-party role: that seems like suicide as a wolf to me, but maybe he had two third-party roles and claimed the one he thought was more valuable, or something.

Suspicion list to follow later.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Thiannon on June 09, 2013, 11:28:24 AMBDS's contributed more the last phase or two, but that was after I called him out!
Which was after more actually happened and I decided what I would be able to do with my powers. As I said earlier when a few people called me out, their accusations are things that were merely up to what the person felt was "significant" contribution or not.

About Boy: Bird said that I earned the money after Day 2, but I didn't help to lynch Mashi, unless "helping to lynch" somebody merely means placing a vote for them, which would clear davy, unless the power counts wolves' disguises.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 09, 2013, 01:40:34 PMAbout Boy: Bird said that I earned the money after Day 2, but I didn't help to lynch Mashi, unless "helping to lynch" somebody merely means placing a vote for them, which would clear davy, unless the power counts wolves' disguises.
I'm confused...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

TheZeldaPianist275

I'd still be up for a Yugi lynch, but there are a couple things with Davy I want to see unfold before I place a vote.

BDS, what is this money feature that you have?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on June 09, 2013, 02:04:06 PMI'm confused...
Let me just explain my power in full detail...

I start the game with $300, which I can use to buy powers that are "sub-powers" of my power "Wealthy," such as damaging powers, healing powers, and the "check allegiance" power. Every time I help to lynch a Baratheon, I get $200. Originally, I thought that "helping to lynch" meant that you actually have to lynch a person, but after Day 2 (I voted for you, davy, I believe, and not Mashi), Bird just told me that I got $200.
Unless you're just a wolf who disguised as a Baratheon, I assume that that would mean that you ARE a Baratheon, since I "helped" to try and get you lynched, and got money for it (heeeey, I should try to get you lynched more often! :P).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber