News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG 54: Game of Wolves

Started by Bird, May 29, 2013, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

I haven't posted much, I suppose, but I've read every post and I try to be more active in the chat when I can find people.

I personally believe that any theory about fank being a wolf is ridiculous. I can't see a beneficial effect in wolfing a wolf, especially so early. FSM seems to be acting oddly and slightly randomly, but I don't know his playstyle, so that may be just a personality thing. I'll have to find time to talk to people in the chat before I make a dramatic decision.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bubbles

Quote from: FireArrow on June 01, 2013, 01:50:15 PMI didn't suggest that they wolfed him, I suggested that they faked his death or were planning on reviving him. If you would of read my PMs, you would know that someone WAS suspicious of fank, and that person was Olimar (he expressed this to fank via PM.) Additionally, it would make sense to wolf him night one. If they wolf him night one, and fank gets revived/comes back then they have 2 "confirmed" humans that are actually wolves. Additionally, they get the houses everyone belongs to, and the wolves would get more use out of that then the humans. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for the wolves.
I put in my post the faked death thing. Also, Olimar was suspicious of him, but I don't see how he "expressed this to fank" besides "You're making it look awfully suspicious...". Fank's response to that made it seem like he was convinced that Olimar thought he was human, aka no more suspicion. So unless Olimar told someone who was a wolf that suspicion never got to the wolf team.

Basically, fank wasn't a wolf unless you were both wolves, which is just about impossible at this point. I also don't understand how you could think of Olimar as a confirmed human but Liggy as a wolf. Was is because of Liggy's defense towards him? But if Liggy was a wolf then why would you believe his defense?

FireArrow

Quote from: Liggy on June 01, 2013, 02:34:51 PMThe wacky theory makes no sense, and is way too much effort, although I suppose it could be easy to prove when someone tries to revive him.

The other theory makes sense, I agree, but as I said if I was a wolf, there wasn't enough time for me to confer to make a spur-of-the-moment change.  There's more reasoning for you to kill him than me, because you actually had time to send in a PM to wolf him.

Though you have a good point, it isn't enough alone. If your wolf friend was online with you, then it would of been easy to change plans last minute.

Unless fank being wolfed was a coincidence, there are only 3 people who would have good intentions to wolf him. Me, you, and Olimar. We know Olimar is human, so that's leaves us. I already explained that fank never revealed to us exactly how powerful he was, so me wolfing him makes less sense then you wolfing him. Basically, this:

Liggy:

-Knew exactly how powerful fank was.
+Didn't have much time to change plans.
+ Thought Olimar and FireArrow knew how powerful he was, which would make it easy to frame.

FireArrow:

- Had loads of time to concoct a plan.
+ Didn't know that fank was extraordinarily powerful.

Pick your side.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on June 01, 2013, 03:04:59 PMI put in my post the faked death thing. Also, Olimar was suspicious of him, but I don't see how he "expressed this to fank" besides "You're making it look awfully suspicious...". Fank's response to that made it seem like he was convinced that Olimar thought he was human, aka no more suspicion. So unless Olimar told someone who was a wolf that suspicion never got to the wolf team.

Basically, fank wasn't a wolf unless you were both wolves, which is just about impossible at this point. I also don't understand how you could think of Olimar as a confirmed human but Liggy as a wolf. Was is because of Liggy's defense towards him? But if Liggy was a wolf then why would you believe his defense?

I'm really not following your logic, sorry. It's pretty obvious that fank knew Olimar was suspicious of him. My WHOLE theory is that fank is a wolf, so yes, the suspicion did get to the wolf team if my theory is correct. I'm still not sure how you can draw a conclusion from that that both me and fank would need to be wolves. Can you explain this a bit better?

I will respond to your statement that doesn't confuse me. Liggy HAD to say that someone inspected olimar, because if he didn't, the the inspector would rat him out. Liggy wouldn't lie about the inspection, because that would be pointless as wolf. Imagine if liggy never told us about Olimar getting inspected, the inspector would just go "lol liggy is a wolf."

Toby

I'm going to vote for FSM.

I've expressed with a couple of people my suspicion of FSM based on a few things he's said. Now I know I've been suspicious of FSM a few times day 1 but those times I didn't have much to support it!

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 29, 2013, 08:27:27 PMWe should all tell our roles and fake roles Night 1 and the players who can only come up with one role are wolves

Now this was very odd. You said we should all tell our roles and fake roles which is a silly idea altogether and then you said the players who can only come up with one are the wolves? I'm guessing you mean one fake claim here because fake claims are generally for wolves. This to me says you have 2 fake claims and White Walkers are the only ones who have 2 fake claims. So this basically shouts out you're a White Walker. No matter how ridiculously obvious it does seem, I'm inclined to believe it.
How did you come up with this idea?

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 29, 2013, 08:55:44 PMViserys Targaryen should claim. You know yourself what powers you have.

This idea was strange. Even though it was followed with a
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 29, 2013, 09:00:18 PMwait forget what I just said
4mins 38secs later it was an odd thing to ask of. This shows FSM was looking through the roles and probably trying to guess some powers which a wolf would do to try and find out his/hers main targets. What I do ask FSM is why you came up with the idea and then why did you change your mind?

These are basically the only suspicious things so far but guess what? It's day 1! We don't have much to go on but I do think this is a pretty decent suspicion.

Liggy

Per request: FSM, shadowkirby, and Bubbles never claimed to me.

Quote from: FireArrow on June 01, 2013, 03:05:41 PMUnless fank being wolfed was a coincidence, there are only 3 people who would have good intentions to wolf him. Me, you, and Olimar. We know Olimar is human, so that's leaves us.
At this point it's safe to say fank being wolfed is probably a coincidence.

However, if you still think it's not, I really doubt as a wolf I'd wolf Fank if I knew he was talking to you, because I give Fank enough credit to set up stuff in case he was wolfed.  (I thought I'd be guarded, but did it anyways).  Additionally, you knew Fank had a reviving power, which is more than enough to want someone wolfed.  You may be new, but if you're a wolf, you'd be sure to tell your wolf buddies what you found out, and one thing they'll say is that reviving powers are incredibly powerful.

And I'd like to say, that my role, my fake role, and the role of people who were telling me their powers all had only two powers, so I really doubt Fank was telling me the truth when he was describing his role to me, and I doubt he would tell me his full role if he was trying to test if I was a wolf, especially if he didn't tell someone else he claimed he trusted.

Toby

Oh and it appears FSM didn't claim to Liggy either!

Bubbles

Quote from: FireArrow on June 01, 2013, 03:14:29 PMI'm really not following your logic, sorry. It's pretty obvious that fank knew Olimar was suspicious of him. My WHOLE theory is that fank is a wolf, so yes, the suspicion did get to the wolf team if my theory is correct. I'm still not sure how you can draw a conclusion from that that both me and fank would need to be wolves. Can you explain this a bit better?

I will respond to your statement that doesn't confuse me. Liggy HAD to say that someone inspected olimar, because if he didn't, the the inspector would rat him out. Liggy wouldn't lie about the inspection, because that would be pointless as wolf. Imagine if liggy never told us about Olimar getting inspected, the inspector would just go "lol liggy is a wolf."

I can't explain it better until I understand how it was pretty obvious that fank knew that Olimar suspected him

I never said anything about the investigation, but even so that doesn't confirm Olimar as a human. How do we know the investigator wasn't lying? How do we know Liggy didn't make it up and the investigator doesn't even exist? Liggy also didn't have to reveal it to the thread, since theres still the possibility of them agreeing not to. Even if the investigation was 100% true, all it did was prove that Olimar lied about his roles. That neither absolutely confirms him human or wolf.

Anyone else reading this, don't get me wrong, I'm not putting suspicions on Liggy. I'm just saying that there's no confirmation for Olimar being human

Liggy

The investigation revealed Olimar's real role and fake role, which is how we knew he lied.  However, then the investigator pointed out to me that if he was a wolf, he wouldn't have a real role.  So, we talked to Bird and he revealed that the investigation power would've explicitly stated Olimar was a wolf had he been one.

So then I realized I had to post it before Thiannon-coined "Human Intertia" set in.

@Fire's Post that Bubble's just quoted:

Had I been a wolf, wouldn't it have been easier to just kill the investigator?

FireArrow

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on June 01, 2013, 03:42:31 PMI can't explain it better until I understand how it was pretty obvious that fank knew that Olimar suspected him

I never said anything about the investigation, but even so that doesn't confirm Olimar as a human. How do we know the investigator wasn't lying? How do we know Liggy didn't make it up and the investigator doesn't even exist? Liggy also didn't have to reveal it to the thread, since theres still the possibility of them agreeing not to. Even if the investigation was 100% true, all it did was prove that Olimar lied about his roles. That neither absolutely confirms him human or wolf.

Anyone else reading this, don't get me wrong, I'm not putting suspicions on Liggy. I'm just saying that there's no confirmation for Olimar being human

The last communication between Olimar and Fank was Olimar saying "Elaborate on this" and fank saying  "You wouldn't understand yet." What did you get out of that that makes you believe fank didn't think Olimar was suspicious. Yes, it is possible that Liggy or the investigator lied, but what's the point? What would liggy gain from changing her vote last minute? What would the investigator gain form lying?

As for the FSM lynch, I agree with you boy, but I don't think that we have enough against him in order to lynch him. I think BDS would be a safer alternative.

FireArrow

Quote from: Liggy on June 01, 2013, 03:52:30 PM@Fire's Post that Bubble's just quoted:

Had I been a wolf, wouldn't it have been easier to just kill the investigator?

I'm inclined to believe that the seer is a one time use, so no. Even if it weren't, you would probably try to get as much use out of him/her before going in for the kill.

Bubbles

Quote from: Liggy on June 01, 2013, 03:52:30 PMThe investigation revealed Olimar's real role and fake role, which is how we knew he lied.  However, then the investigator pointed out to me that if he was a wolf, he wouldn't have a real role.  So, we talked to Bird and he revealed that the investigation power would've explicitly stated Olimar was a wolf had he been one.

So then I realized I had to post it before Thiannon-coined "Human Intertia" set in.
oh. i thought wolves have roles...uh...yeah. I guess this means the wolves aren't in the houses either. This whole game makes a lot more sense now >.>

@Fire You called Liggy a girl again xD

FireArrow

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on June 01, 2013, 04:16:03 PMoh. i thought wolves have roles...uh...yeah. I guess this means the wolves aren't in the houses either. This whole game makes a lot more sense now >.>

@Fire You called Liggy a girl again xD

you know what, languages need to be less sexist
unisex pronouns where?

Toby

It, Human Being, Human, Person. ^-^

Yugi

Quote from: FireArrow on June 01, 2013, 04:43:33 PMyou know what, languages need to be less sexist
unisex pronouns where?
futanari

I'm going to vote for FSM, for defending Olimar, something which could easil be seen as a wolf defending his partner.

Also, there was something about Olimar being a comfirmed human, can someone explain this to me?