News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG 54: Game of Wolves

Started by Bird, May 29, 2013, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on June 01, 2013, 12:22:16 AMThat's much better then later in the game, having a second wolf jump out of nowhere and outnumber us. Anyways, if we lynch liggy, we don't lose all that much if he is human (yay, global heal.) If the matyr power never activates, then we know we hit a wolf and we can figure the rest out from there (assuming my thoeory is incorrect.)

Since we decided everyone should be make a suspicion list, I'll get on that now,
If we lynch Liggy, I don't think the power will active, unless he activates it before he dies, I believe??
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 01, 2013, 12:31:18 AMIf we lynch Liggy, I don't think the power will active, unless he activates it before he dies, I believe??

I thought that it happens when he dies, doesn't matter how.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on June 01, 2013, 12:40:22 AMI thought that it happens when he dies, doesn't matter how.
Even if it did, it wouldn't do anything, because nobody is damaged by a partial number of hearts (it's a healing power, correct?).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Activating his power causes the death, not the other way around.

Liggy

BDS is right on both accounts.  I have to activate my power and my death, and no one is damaged.

I'm willing to listen to defenses for Olimar, but I'm gong to be honest and say we probably aren't going to find a better lynch on the first day phase.  I also understand that neither point by itself is enough to conivct Olimar, but you need to take them both together.  Fank is an unusual choice to be wolfed Night one, due to this only being his second game on LLF, and his first was him as a wolf.  No one would know how Fank plays as a human (unless you played EM with him, but I've been on EM for years and never have), which makes hims an unusual target Night one.  This implies that there was either a specfic reason or random wolfing.  And I'll be the first to admit that we can have no idea which is the case.  However, Olimar was one of four people who had known Fanks role, from what it seems.  Fank wouldn't wolf himself to frame Olimar, especially since he had no way of knowing I suspected him at that point.  FireArrow would be a potential suspect, but I don't think he would defend Olimar if he was a wolf, unless they both were.  Some people claimed Olimar was framed, but if you look around, no one really had the information needed to frame him.

FSM-Reapr

Back here.

Olimar asked me was he a human or a wolf.

I don't think he should be lynched for trying to protect his identity. I know I would have lied too considering his case, except I would have switched places with my fake role and real role.

It wouldn't make sense for Olimar to wolf Fank, especially if he's in some sort of alliance with him. He could have convinced Fank to revive one of his wolf partners after one of them would be dead, for example reviving a wolf that was wolfed to make everyone think he's a human.

I know Olimar's a human because he has one of the same powers as I do. He asked me about a PM's meaning Bird sent because of an accident with Olimar's role PM. Apparently Bird made a mistake when he sent the list in Olimar's role PM, he used the list before he changed the game. That power told us what is the order of roles for the receiver of the Iron Throne.

Plus letting this out there, here's one of my powers.
QuoteArmada - Send out two ships to protect two players from damage during one phase. Just send the names of those players to the host during the Night saying you want to guard them with your Armada. Single use.
Tadaa.

Plus I knew Fank's powers too:
QuoteOn 30.5.2013, at 9.18, Jonathan [Olimar] wrote:
> Fanks Claim
> I am *name*
> I have 3 abilities,
> One is a revive
> The 2nd is to hurt someone,
> The 3rd is a full heal for myself and another *house* at the expense of a Baratheon. Conditions pending of course. success means a refresh of abilities

Also here's one of my powers. It's super cool.
QuoteArmada - Send out two ships to protect two players from damage during one phase. Just send the names of those players to the host at night saying you want to guard them with your Armada. Single use.

I think K-NiGhT's a human, because I think it'd be unbalanced for Bird to give a likely possibility for the wolf to get the throne Day 1 and then expect him to be lynched. That's just how I feel it. And I'm going with my guts.

PS: 21 replies were made before this post(started this morning, had a break, finished now) and I haven't read them yet.

fank009

Late death post is late...
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Thiannon

This was supposed to be an hour for me to reread the topic and post my suspicion list, but my phone's reminding me that I was supposed to visit my grandparents, so this will have to be short.

I thought Olimar was human prior to FSM's post. He looked like a confused human Night 1 and I think a new player in a game like this, no matter how confused he might be, would be quite likely to lie in the thread. There's really no reason for a human to lie about his house, though--it's just a good way to get yourself lynched (since the wolves are obviously doing this). Liggy's suggestion that we "might not find a better lynch" is a cop-out. We might not, but we should at least try to do better, starting with BDS, who has posted a lot but said little. We're all blues in this game, so that's no excuse. He claimed in the chat last night that his behaviour was similar in Bowser's Big Blast, but I don't have time to review that.

Want to help the human team and not sure how to do so? Go back and re-read Bowser's Big Blast for BDS's behaviour. I'm tired of people being inactive because there's "nothing they can do to help". Yes, Bubbles, I'm looking at you.

FSM's post looks really weird, though. fank's death is really suspicious because he claimed Daenerys (which I imagine was his fake role, which is really lame because it sounds like she was a serious wolf-wrecker, but that's not really the point). Liggy and I were discussing Thursday about how useful fire will be to test for wolfishness. fank claims that power and is immediately wolfed. I used to think everyone wolfed "unlikely" targets N1, but I think I'd make an exception in this case if I were a wolf. Mashi's claim he wouldn't wolf fank is "meta-ing" of the worst kind. Sorry, Mashi. :(

As human as Olimar looked, then, the circumstantial against him and by extension FSM after he defended him and, by virtue of his knowing fank's identity ahead of time, Liggy, is not good. I would be up for lynching one of those three or BDS. I might be okay with lynching an inactive too--I'll have to think about it. Bubbles, K-Night, Boy, etc. should most definitely be held accountable for not being here.

FSM: I think you're underestimating the "fairness" of this game. I really do think Bird rolled the roles randomly (i.e. whether a role is real or fake or given to a wolf (as a fake) or a human was randomized in some fashion).

I'll try to be on tomorrow morning, but I'll be at my girlfriend's, so no guarantees. I will be on tomorrow night for the lynch, though.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Bubbles

Quote from: Thiannon on June 01, 2013, 10:00:20 AMYes, Bubbles, I'm looking at you.
rude

My thoughts: Olimar is most likely human. I really don't see why a wolf would risk fake claiming in a game where you have a role to specifically fake claim with. Sure, he's a new player, but his wolf partners definitely would have made an effort to tell him not to do that. BDS always comments on everything, so just because those comments didn't exactly say anything doesn't point to him being a wolf. Also, Firearrow's suspicion of Liggy and Mashi are ridiculous. Mashi's defense sums it up: if they were going to wolf or fake kill their wolf partner, they wouldn't have done it on night one with no suspicions on him. (Thiannon, I'm not sure what "meta-ing" means). Currently I'm slightly suspicous of Firearrow, but also of Thiannon for voting for BDS just for making comments like he usually does.

I'd also like to point this out:
Quote from: Bird on May 31, 2013, 06:00:06 PMfank009 has died. k-NiGhT sits upon the Iron Throne. It is now Day 1. Day 1 ends Sunday, June 2nd at 8:00 PM CDT.
Fank009 has died. Not wolfed, just "died". With the amount of powers in this game, theres a possibility that he wasn't killed by the wolves, but everyone just jumped to the conclusion that he was.

Liggy

If he wasn't wolfed, some human would've stepped up and claimed that he killed him.  Additionally, there's no reason for a human to kill another player at this stage.

I've decided that for now I'll tell everyone which players are in their house, and divulge other player's houses on a need to know basis.  Some people still don't want their house public (no idea hy), and I suspect the temptation to backstab may be too great for some.

Toby

Sorry Thiannon!

I prefer to reply to the thread when on my laptop. I think I'll have a big post later tonight, reviewing over things and such all day today.

Liggy

Also, just kidding, Olimar is human!  Sorry!

Someone told me in private that his power had confirmed him as human, although I'd like some clarifications first.

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Olimar12345

Just had an interesting conversation with Liggy. You'll want to read this:

Spoiler
13:25   Olimar12345   Hey Mashi
14:07      *** Liggy joined #twgnsm
14:28   Olimar12345   what's with the sudden change of heart, Liggy?
14:28   Liggy   I was reminding by the person
14:28   Liggy   reminded*
14:28   Liggy   whose power told me you lied about your real role as well
14:28   Liggy   that it also implied you were human
14:29   Liggy   so until we clarify that I'm going to have to trust you
14:30   Olimar12345   I am confused. Please, elaborate.
14:30   Liggy   I really can't without endangering his life.
14:31   Olimar12345   okay then.
14:32   Olimar12345   It just seems odd that you'd switch straight from condemning me to saving me.
14:32   Olimar12345   without a clear reason as to why
14:33   Liggy   I did
14:33   Liggy   I didn't trust you last night
14:33   Liggy   because you had publicly claimed that your fake role was the fake role I currently have.
14:33   Liggy   So I had someone investigated you
14:34   Liggy   which confirmed to me that you lied not once, but twice
14:34   Liggy   and then just now
14:34   Liggy   he told me that the results implied your humanity
14:34   Liggy   and I looked at them again
14:34   Liggy   said "oh"
14:34   Liggy   and posted that
14:35   Olimar12345   I wasn't about to tell someone as suspicious as you who my real roll was, let alone my abilities...
14:35   Liggy   ...I'm suspicious?
14:35   Olimar12345   only one person could know that information.
14:35   Olimar12345   besides myself, that is.
14:35   Liggy   and they investigated you with a power
14:35   Liggy   they used a power
14:35   Liggy   and that told him your role
14:36   Olimar12345   So you told this person, whom you knew powers of, to use their power for your bidding, AND trusted that they wouldn't lie to you?
14:37   Olimar12345   That's quite a lot of trust, you know?
14:37   Olimar12345   sound awfully suspicious, huh?
14:39   Olimar12345   Anything else you'd like to add?
14:40   Olimar12345   Kind of quiet there, Liggy.
[close]

Liggy never did reply back.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Liggy

Spoiler
[15:35:55 EST]   Olimar12345   So you told this person, whom you knew powers of, to use their power for your bidding, AND trusted that they wouldn't lie to you?
[15:36:07 EST]   Olimar12345   That's quite a lot of trust, you know?
[15:36:47 EST]   Olimar12345   sound awfully suspicious, huh?
[15:38:28 EST]   Olimar12345   Anything else you'd like to add?
[15:39:38 EST]   Olimar12345   Kind of quiet there, Liggy.
[15:47:46 EST]   Liggy   I was using the bathroom?
[15:47:47 EST]   -->|   bird (owner@NF-9BE0CB4D.dsl.ingr.hctcnetworks.net) has joined #twgnsm
[15:48:04 EST]   =-=   Mode #twgnsm +qo bird bird by ChanServ
[15:48:06 EST]   bird   
[15:48:07 EST]   Liggy   we made a pact
[15:48:08 EST]   bird   Hi everyone.
[15:48:10 EST]   Liggy   he has something I want
[15:48:14 EST]   Liggy   I have something he does!
[15:48:42 EST]   |<--   Olimar12345 has left link.nfnet.org (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[15:48:50 EST]   bird   noooo olimar is gone
[15:49:12 EST]   Liggy   he's lame
[15:49:21 EST]   Liggy   he's suspicious of me for no good reason!!!
[close]