TWG 54: Game of Wolves

Started by Bird, May 29, 2013, 04:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Toby

Yeah, a good show just came on TV, thought it was starting later!

Olimar12345

Reading through this again, I realized it was kind of stupid to make a big deal out of my claim. For clarities sake, I am Robert Bamarathon.

Since it's useless to me now, my false role was Mirri Maz Duur. Hope this helps.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Mashi

Hey, everyone, you don't need to answer with any specifics, but did anyone's Role state any benefits of knowing your House members or performing certain actions on other House members?

Also, Olimar12345, you may want to be a bit more discrete in what you divulge to us for the time being.  That goes for everyone else too.  The Wolves may benefit from knowing things about us and I'm wary of ulterior motives that may arise from House rivalries, if they truly exist.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Mashi on May 30, 2013, 05:13:55 PMHey, everyone, you don't need to answer with any specifics, but did anyone's Role state any benefits of knowing your House members or performing certain actions on other House members?
Yeah; one of my actions is somewhat beneficial to me when carried out against a member of an enemy house, and extremely harmful when carried out against a member of the same house.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

Same here, but on a slightly less extreme scale, I think. If the wolves can disguise as different players though, the rivalry powers could be used against them maybe. As far as I can tell, though, it's just built on the factions of the story, and there's no reason for the Starks to take out the Lannisters or anything.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Liggy

I am a human.

Which one?  That's not important right now, and I'd really like to not reveal it unless absolutely necessary, to see if someone is stupid enough to fake claim it.

What is important is two attributes about my role:

Number One:  I'm not aligned with a house.  You all could be Starks for all I care.
Number Two:  I have a power that's impossible to fake, and absolutely stupid for a wolf to use.

What is that power you may ask?

Matyrship.

That's right.  I can choose to off myself, and EVERYONE gets a benefit.  That's fantastic!

What benefit? :O

Once again, I'd rather not tell if I don't have to.  But I will if someone asks.

But that's not all!

I want you all claim your house to me. (Remember how I said I don't really care?  I honestly DO NOT want to hear your role.  Or even your character.  Or you fake claim role's house.)

But why?

So I can sort you all to allied house/rival house/same house, of course.  Some of you have neat powers, but they only work if you use it on a certain house.  So why not know?

Liggy this too good to be true!

I know it is, anonymous faq writer.  (me)

But I have two stipulations:

Number one:  I'm guarded tonight.  I can't matyr myself if I'm already dead.
Number two:  The King claims his full role to me.  Not his fake role, his real one.  My other power is incredibly useful as well, but I need to know what the King's role is first.  If he wants to know what that power is, he can talk to me in private once we know who he is.

And finally, you may ask: What if there's some ulterior motive?  There's not; this isn't even my idea!

[20:53:39 EST]   Mashi   Also, I'm typing out the post and I just realised it's pretty dumb.
[20:53:52 EST]   fank009   ...
[20:53:56 EST]   fank009   I feel like a dumb post
[20:54:02 EST]   Mashi   It was going to be about having a Player guarded
[20:54:13 EST]   Mashi   And that Player collecting House claims and organising the Houses.
[20:54:33 EST]   Mashi   But a flaw is that the Player could be a Wolf.
[20:54:49 EST]   Mashi   And that sort of ruins the purpose of being an alliance leader like that.
[20:54:52 EST]   Liggy   well uh
[20:54:55 EST]   Liggy   to be honest
[20:54:58 EST]   Mashi   Leegeee.
[20:55:05 EST]   Liggy   I have a pretty near unfakeable role
[20:55:15 EST]   Mashi   
[20:55:24 EST]   fank009   ...
[20:55:34 EST]   fank009   Everyone has an "unfakeable role"
[20:55:37 EST]   fank009   including the wolves
[20:55:54 EST]   Liggy   no I mean
[20:56:06 EST]   Liggy   one of my powers is matyrship
[20:56:06 EST]   fank009   its that type of role?
[20:56:10 EST]   Liggy   it's hard to fake that

Peace.

Yugi

Both of my abilties refresh when used against my rival house, and one of my abilities fucks up when I lynch a member of my own house.

And hi liggyu

Liggy

Oh for the record, I'll probably use my martyr power on Night 2 as proof, unless you all decide that I'm 100% human by then.  Feel free to lynch me Day 3.  This would be absolute suicide as a wolf for extremely little gain, so I hope none of you are paranoid.

Liggy

PARANOID REASSURANCE PART TWO:

If I were to fake the house list, everyone would know because people would see themselves under a different house than they claimed.

Thiannon

Quote from: Bird on May 30, 2013, 10:11:18 AMWolfings and lynchings do... let's say 10 hearts each.

I'm fine with 10 hearts for a lynching, but...

Quote from: Bird on May 29, 2013, 04:11:34 PMA wolfing, for instance, does 6 hearts of damage

Don't go moving the fences, now!

Also, we're here, we're queer, we want to get married on the ocean, etc. I'm inclined to trust Liggy for the moment, since wolves generally don't initiate crazy suicidal plans in the early game (even Bird didn't do this last game) and all the information he'd glean almost certainly isn't worth the cost of a wolf's life. I do think it's absolutely imperative that anyone with succession information not share it with Liggy or anyone else unless he's quite certain he can trust him, as I imagine it could be a serious problem if the wolves manage to sit the throne.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Thiannon

Addendum: everyone, save all your chats, and post them in the topic as applicable (waiting until the day phase is fine). Also I'd encourage everyone to clear his Sunday night schedule so that we can all actually be here for the lynching. I don't want a repeat of that Waddle Bro flustercluck.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Bird

That's it, wolfings are now 20 hearts of damage.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Yugi

Note to players, Marytrship is when something happens a few phases after you die, normally a kill or revive.